PDA

View Full Version : Best Time to Introduce DH to WDW

BelleBeauty
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
My DFiance (soon to be DH in November!) is a California boy, so he has only ever been to Disneyland. He loves it (though not quite as obsessively), but I have been savings for the 5 years we've been together for the right time to take him to WDW. I will admit he doesn't understand how you can spend more than one day at Disney. I want him to experience ALL of the magic and looking to all of you for suggestions: decorations, all of the parades/ fireworks, good weather, low crowds. When do you suggest we go?

I have been planning on late November/ early December of 2010 which will be just after our 1 year anniversary. Low crowds and holiday decorations. What do you think? :mickey:

faline
07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Early December is one of my favorite times to visit. For someone who has only been to Disneyland, it's hard to reallty understand the breadth and scope of Disney World.

Be sure to visit Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian to view the decorations. Attend Mickey's Christmas party. Dnn't miss the Osborne lights!

buzznwoodysmom
07-31-2009, 10:19 PM
That was the time period I was going to suggest. After Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. My SIL and MIL both really enjoyed their first trip to WDW. They loved everything they did and everything they ate. LOL. However, on their 2nd trip we were there for Thanksgiving and they fell in love with WDW mainly because of how beautiful and festive everything was. That second trip definitely had a greater impact on both of them. I am sure he is going to love it!

sassafras
08-01-2009, 08:28 AM
December is a good time or during the Food and Wine Festival. Maybe he doesn't realize how huge WDW is since Disneyland will fit into the parking lot of the Magic Kingdom! I'm sure he will have a wonderful time just by being there with his new bride!