PDA

View Full Version : Need to cancel?

jane52
07-31-2009, 08:26 PM
We are taking my son, daughter in law, and granddaughter to Disney in September. Now my son may be getting a new job and will not be able to go. My question is, will I need to cancel the entire trip and lose free dining or can we just cancel their part and still go by ourselves? I know I will need to cancel the ADR's and start over but what about the package?

faline
07-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Do you have one reservation that covers all of you? Or did you make a separate reservation for your son's family? Did you book it yourself or did you use a travel agent? If you used a travel agent, I'd suggest connecting with the person to determine your options. If booked directly with Disney, I'd suggest contacting Disney directly about your options.

LandFan
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
You don't necessarily have to cancel the ADR's, just call Disney Dining up and tell them the number of people for that reservation has changed and they will downsize the number for you without having to rebook. I just did this for several of our ADR's for a couple of weeks from now. So DON'T ditch all of your ADR's yet :D

Not sure about the room portion - depending upon how you did it that may be tougher to untangle but we ditched a room off of our two room free dining package too and it worked out fine as well...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-31-2009, 10:01 PM
I think if you are still 45 days out you should be fine with cancelling the other reservation. Don't change the ADRs until you know for sure the others aren't going. It's always easier to downsize than to add more people on to the ADRs.
Congrats on his new job though! Maybe he can tell them the vacation was already paid for and they'll still let him take the time off?