PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe Question

Itchy
07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
We will be arriving at the world on the 16th:cloud9:

Our dinner ADR is for Kona Cafe that night.
We have never eaten there before and are kind of looking forward to it.

Any thought on the food, any suggestions. I love oriental and polynesian foods having lived 3 yrs in Hawaii.

Thank in advance:mickey:

LandFan
07-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Their pineapple teriyaki steak is awesome! We also love their pina coladas (virgin or not - doesn't matter) because they make them with real ingredients. We like the sticky wings a lot and the pot stickers....

We like Kona, can you tell??:D

Belle--86
07-31-2009, 03:11 PM
What a small -- world we our arriving Disney on the 16th and guess what, we are eating at Kohna,s that night also at 6:30p. This is our first time also eating here can't wait.

japhilli
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
We ate at Kona's for the first time this year....about 3 weeks ago....and LOVED it.

The teryaki steak was wonderful....in fact, the entire meal was wonderful.

We can't wait to go back there next year. This was our favorite meal from our trip.:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
07-31-2009, 05:11 PM
We've eaten dinner there 3 times and LOVE it!

DH loves the Coconut Almond Chicken. I've had the Shrimp and Scallops. For an appetizer the crab cakes and sticky wings are to die for.
For dessert, the kids love the Kona cone.

This is a wonderful retaurant - one I don't think gets enough recognition. O'hana tends to steal the spotlight, but Kona deserves one of its one - IMHO.

Enjoy! Let us know what you think when you return!

Belle_0717
07-31-2009, 05:45 PM
When DH & I ate there a couple of years back, I had the macadamia nut mahi mahi, I loved it. This pineapple teriyaki steak sounds wonderful. Think Kona will be on the ADRs for November. Breakfast was yummy in May - tonga toast was outrageous!

:mjump: 103 days til the Magic :mjump:

sisterdisco
07-31-2009, 05:47 PM
IT WAS ALL AWESOME!!
Teriyaki steak, Prime rib, shrip/scallops!!!

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 11:40 AM
We like the sticky wings a lot and the pot stickers....

These are worth the trip by themselves

badkitty
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Ditto on the shrimp and scallops. Yummy! And save room for dessert. The host/hostess will walk you through all the desserts on display and they all look fantastic! It will be hard to choose...

wdwfansince75
08-01-2009, 01:51 PM
I've had both the Mahi Mahi and the Teriyaki Steak.....would recommend either....and the coffee is best at WDW.....

All of the deserts are great as well.

Land Fan...grew up between Kunkletown and Saylorsburg....Miss the Lehigh Valley, but not the snow! Also enjoy being 10 hrs closer to WDW!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I had a Pomegranate (sp?) pork chop there last year, I liked it so much that when we went back later in the week, I had it again. And you have to love the macadamia nut butter! Yum!!

caryrae
08-02-2009, 10:30 AM
We are going for breakfast on our Resort switch day and now you guys are making me want to there for dinner too.

steamboat willy
08-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I just added another night to the beginning of our trip in September. :secret:

I also just got an On-Line ADR for Kona Cafe on our now first night at 7:35. (Already had one at Ohana) for a few nights later.

Sounds like Pinapple Teriyaki for DW and Shrimp - Scallops for me. :eat:

What are Pot Stickers? I've seen these on the menu before, but never have tried?

36 Days

abc teach
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I've never ate dinner at Kona, but the breakfast Tonga Toast is to die for.