PDA

View Full Version : Undecided about Sat night activities!

Lizzy
07-31-2009, 12:59 PM
My boyfriend and I will be staying at the Beach Club from Aug 15-17. We plan on spending the day at the pool and hotel but I am sure by the evening we will want to go out and do something.

This is his first time staying at a Disney hotel, and he has only been to Epcot and MK once each. He has never been to either DTD or the Boardwalk.

I have been to DTD a hundren times. I do like some of the shops there and am really not all that impressed with the restaurant choices. I have only walked around Boardwalk once before. I have never been into any of the clubs, shops or restaurants there.

Looking to relax and just enjoy time with my BF, nothing too exciting. Which would be the better choice for Sat evening? Boardwalk or DTD?:confused:

Itchy
07-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess it would be how you determine what relax would be.

Between the two I would go for the board walk. Have a nice dinner and then go to one of the clubs that strike your fancy, or just stroll along the boardwalk and enjoy the evening.

I think DTD is just to hectic and crowded to relax a lot. I have eaten at Raglan Road, Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe but none of the other venues.

I enjoyed Raglan Road it was still early and not to noisy, Planet Hollywood for dinner was unbearable, and rain forest was Ok noise wise.

Hope this helps:mickey:

Madame Leona
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I've never eaten around the Boardwalk but there are so many restaurants you could probably find something you would like to try. I can however recommend Jelly Rolls. It is so much fun there. It is just a place to kick back, have a drink and enjoy the music. It would be the perfect ending to a relaxing day.

KatrinaJ91
07-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Since you are staying at Beach Club, I would go for the Boardwalk. Mainly because it is very close to you and you wouldn't have traveling! There are some great restaurants at BW and the stroll outside at night is great! If I am not mistaken, you can see Epcot's fireworks from there as well. We really liked Big River Grille & Brewery! Enjoy!! :beer:

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't know how anyne could call DTD " relaxing" at night. At night it is a madhouse.
Boardwalk on the otherhand DW and I find VERY relaxing. Dinner there and time visiting the shops and clubs would be a lot of fun for the two of you.
I hope you enjoy your time there.

Pop Centurion
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Boardwalk is definitely more relaxing. I agree with KatrinaJ91, it's a nice stroll at night and Big River Grille has good food.
Another option is to walk over to the Dolphin for dinner at one of their restaurants. Intercot doesn't have any of them listed in the menu section but they are available elsewhere on the net. I'd be happy to point the way.

kemps@wdw
08-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Boardwalk!:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
hit Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. You will have a BLAST!! Trust me!:mickey:

Aggie97
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Personally, I would shop at my DTD favorites for a couple hours in the late afternoon; have dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, Big River Grille, or Beaches & Cream (depending on the amount of time and money I wanted to spend!); and then spend the rest of the night at the Boardwalk and Jellyrolls. Whatever you decide, have fun! :mickey:

Piglet822
08-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Lizzy, I'd stick with the Boardwalk area. I just haven't been all that impressed with DTD the last couple of times we've been.
And if I (or both of us) get off work at a decent hour on Saturday do you want to try and meet up? Maybe at Beaches n Cream? (Have to feed the addicition, you know :D )