PDA

View Full Version : Weird question but...

egospotter
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Ok, we are going carry-on this year to avoid the insane checked bag charges. The thing is that I love, love, love the continuous spray-on sunscreen from Coppertone - it makes my mornings so much easier. Obviously this is not something that we can bring with us this year because they don't come in travel sizes. So my question is, does anyone know if they sell this at Disney? I want to say that I remember that they do, but it's been almost a year and I'm not sure.

I know this sounds like a strange question, because, you know, just deal with it... but if they have it I am willing to pay the extra money to buy it down there. Otherwise I am going to stock up on small bottles of the cheap stuff here and bring it with me. I don't want to pay extra for something I don't want if I don't have to.

Thanks!

g8rgirl29
07-31-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure if they sell it there or not but have you considered just shipping it to your resort? It certainly shouldn't cost too much to ship it. Probably cheaper than buying it there and you know you are getting exactly what you want.

It'sWDW4me
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
You could probably get a can or two through Garden Grocer along with some bottled water, milk, and snacks for your room. :mickey:

beksy
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
They sell it! We love the stuff too and ran out on our last trip. We actually found it at one of the carts right inside MK so I'm sure the resort stores would sell it too. It is more expensive though (of course!). :mickey:

egospotter
07-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you!

jnfr2424
07-31-2009, 03:19 PM
If you are renting a car you can always get it at the supermarket at Crossroads

Pop Centurion
08-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Why not just pack it in your checked luggage? To be safe from accidental spills while being tossed around put it in a ziplock bag first. That's what we do.

Piglet822
08-08-2009, 11:19 AM
She's only bringing carry ons.

DisneyWFan
08-08-2009, 02:41 PM
And those cans cannot be checked either. We love it too & verified through the airline it cannot be brought on. Even if you ship it is has to be shipped via ground. I am ordering it from an online drugstore that has free shipping if you spend $25 or more & shipping it directly to the hotel maybe this would work for you too.

edhunter28
08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
im sure you can get some at the resort shop

gueli
08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Ok, we are going carry-on this year to avoid the insane checked bag charges. The thing is that I love, love, love the continuous spray-on sunscreen from Coppertone - it makes my mornings so much easier. Obviously this is not something that we can bring with us this year because they don't come in travel sizes. So my question is, does anyone know if they sell this at Disney? I want to say that I remember that they do, but it's been almost a year and I'm not sure.

I know this sounds like a strange question, because, you know, just deal with it... but if they have it I am willing to pay the extra money to buy it down there. Otherwise I am going to stock up on small bottles of the cheap stuff here and bring it with me. I don't want to pay extra for something I don't want if I don't have to.

Thanks!

As you are only brining carry on- I might suggest shipping some disposable stuff down to your resort. We will be shipping stuff down about a week before we go. I have found it to be one of the neatest things- at check in you get your package, and all that stuff you didn't want to pack, but wanted to have is there.
When we went in 2007, we stayed for 10 days. I did laundry part way through. I shipped down laundry detergent & bounce sheets, some snacks and Sunscreen. Everything we shipped, we used and didn't have to lug it home.
It should cost less than bagagge fees.

Have fun:cheers:

It'sWDW4me
08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
And those cans cannot be checked either. We love it too & verified through the airline it cannot be brought on. Even if you ship it is has to be shipped via ground.

?? I had multiple cans in my checked luggage in 2006, 2007, and 2008 with absolutely no problems.

PiratePaul
08-17-2009, 09:46 PM
you should check a bag

egospotter
08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions, but really I just wanted to know if they had it there, which besky answered.

From what I figured our best, and cheapest bet is just to buy it there.

Checked luggage is $15 per bag, plus last year my luggage was lost for a while and it ruined the first day of our trip. Even if checking bags was free I would not do it. I'd rather just do some laundry.

Having things shipped also costs money. I think that the price difference would be about the same as buying it there. Factoring in packaging it up and getting it somewhere to ship it's a bit more work than I think it's worth.

It would also, for us, not make sense to order and have it delivered because that would be the only thing we would need and would get charged for delivery. We only spend time in our rooms to sleep and shower, so we don't need snacks or water or anything.

Also you can put them in your checked luggage, I have for years.