PDA

View Full Version : Getting from resort to resort, please help

alliekat
07-31-2009, 09:29 AM
I need some input from the great minds at Intercot, I am asking on behalf of my sister-in-law, she and her DH and 2 kids need to get from PC to WL, then BC, then hopefully to MK, what would be the best advice? She is staying at PC, swimming at WL with some other guests, then eating at BC and hoping to make it to MK for extra magic hours I said she may need to consider some cabs, but I thought I would turn to you for some other suggestions.
Thank you:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Resort to resort requires a stop at either a park or DTD.

From Wilderness Lodge to BC, I would either boat to MK and bus to BC, or bus to Epcot and walk through to BC (will require park hoppers).

Cab is an alternative if you don't mind paying...

Checkers
07-31-2009, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=alliekat;1931597]I need some input from the great minds at Intercot, I am asking on behalf of my sister-in-law, she and her DH and 2 kids need to get from PC to WL, then BC, then hopefully to MK, what would be the best advice? She is staying at PC, swimming at WL with some other guests, then eating at BC and hoping to make it to MK for extra magic hours I said she may need to consider some cabs, but I thought I would turn to you for some other suggestions.
Thank you:mickey:[/QUOTE

:mickey:] I would take the bus to the MK and then the resort boat from there to WL. From the WL I would take the bus to DHS and then the boat from there to the BC or you could take the resort boat back to the MK and the bus from there to the BC. From the BC back to the MK, I would take the bus from the BC to MK. There are other ways of doing it but it would mean walking through Epcot to get to the monorail and if you do not have APs or park hoppers that could be a problem. Just make sure you leave enough time for travel (especially if you have ADRs at the BC).

If there are other ways that I haven't thought of I know the good people here on Intercot will help you out. Good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
I hate to ask this, but does she really need to eat at BC? This is doable, but it does mean that a lot of the day will be spent just getting from place to place, which might not be as fun as they expect.

That being said, I agree with the other posts, from PC to WL, take the bus to MK and then the boat to WL.

From WL to BC, if they have park hoppers, take the bus to Epcot and then walk to the BC. If they don't have park hoppers, take the boat back to MK and the bus to BC.

BC to MK, the bus from BC is the easiest.

lightyearfan
07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
well this is what me and dw do for our breakfest, we do different resorts every morning, if you have a rental car like we do, then this shouldn't be a problem, otherwise it's either buses or cabs, which could ruin your plans waiting for them.

hope this helps
Victor

buzznwoodysmom
07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Not to be the pool hopping police, but your SIL and her family are not supposed to swim at a resort in which they are not staying. I think what they are trying to do is not at all worth the hassel of going from place to place. It just seems like a lot of trouble for a swim and a meal. One is doable, but to try and fit it all in doesn't sound like much fun with all the traveling involved.

That said we've found the best way to travel from resort to resort is to take a cab. Its the quickest and easiests way. Otherwise they'll be looking at burning up an hour each time they travel between places. Not what my family would consider a fun day. In the past cabs have cost us between $15 and $20 to get from one resort to another depending on the distance.

alliekat
07-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Not to be the pool hopping police, but your SIL and her family are not supposed to swim at a resort in which they are not staying. I think what they are trying to do is not at all worth the hassel of going from place to place. It just seems like a lot of trouble for a swim and a meal. One is doable, but to try and fit it all in doesn't sound like much fun with all the traveling involved.

That said we've found the best way to travel from resort to resort is to take a cab. Its the quickest and easiests way. Otherwise they'll be looking at burning up an hour each time they travel between places. Not what my family would consider a fun day. In the past cabs have cost us between $15 and $20 to get from one resort to another depending on the distance.

Thanks so much for helping I know my sil will appreciate it. I didn't know that about pool hopping, I never have done it so I never looked into it. I will pass it along. Just for the record I also think it's a lot for one afternoon/evening.

Thanks again!

faline
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Is she planning to swim with guests of Wilderness Lodge? In that case, permission may be granted but the Wilderness Lodge guests would need to check into that. If no-one is staying at Wilderness Lodge, then pool hopping would be prohibited unless your sister-in-law is a DVC member. In that case, pool hopping is an option.

alliekat
07-31-2009, 11:07 PM
There are guests that are staying at WL and that is who they are visiting when they swim. When I stayed at Port Orleans a few years back I thought we were allowed to swim at The French Quarter. Is that because they are sister hotels?

jonahbear2006
08-01-2009, 02:42 AM
yes, you are allowed to swim at french quarter, if you stay at riverside, and vice versa.. Same as, if you are staying at all star, you are allowed to swim in all-all star pools, and bc can swim in yc pools.