PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach vs Hilton Head

Mackflava99
07-31-2009, 09:10 AM
I have a question- we are considering a trip to one of the non-park resorts and want to see which of these two is the best.
I saw some great reviews from HH from Mouseketeermom and i respect her ratings wholeheartedly.
My mom lives closer to Vero so were weighing one or the other.
Has anyone been to both and could provide me a quick review of which one you liked more and the difference between the 2 ?

Thanks!!

pox24
07-31-2009, 10:11 AM
We live little over an hour south of Vero. Our visits to Disney Vero have been limited to quick week end only. It is a delightful resort with a super Sunday brunch. The beach and pool are very nice. But thats it. On the other hand Hilton Head has shopping, fishing, a million places to eat, sightseeing and lotsa golf. We spent three nights at HHI and really had a great time. I prefer HHI.:thumbsup:

Reyam56
08-04-2009, 11:13 PM
If you like the beach, Vero is the place for you. The beach is a short (25 yards) walk from the main building. At Hilton Head it is a bus ride from the main building. I am not kidding. They have a van that will take you to the disney beach house.
The two resorts are very different. Hilton Head has shopping, golf, etc. Vero Beach has the beach. Not that there is nothing else at Vero but the beach is the main attraction. A trip into town will get you all the fast food, movies, mall, etc. that you need. There are a few good seafood places there as well as a Mel Fisher Museum.

Mackflava99
08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks to both of you-
its a difficult choice,

I guess we will have to do a family vote-

How are the pools?