PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy

2 princes and a princess
07-31-2009, 09:00 AM
My 4 year old son has Autism and Epilepsy. Are there any rides that he should Avoid due to flashing lights, etc...? Thanks in advance!:mickey:

kathiep
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
First thing that comes to my mind is there is a part of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin that might cause problems.

Live4WDW
07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
:mickey: Hello. I am a 42 yr old epileptic and my thoughts are also on Buzz light year, I don't rightly remember where it was exactly on the ride, but I kept my eyes shut a good part of the time. My seizures are medically controlled, but even then It was a rough ride. Plenty of other rides though. Have a great time and enjoy.

LibertyTreeGal
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
I keep plugging the book Passporter Open Mouse, it is a guide for special needs folks visiting WDW -- I would recommend looking at it online to see if it would have a section on that. I bet it would since it is a big concern.

Kennywife
08-29-2009, 07:50 PM
If you have the slightest doubt, ask a CM. That's what they're their for or just sit it out. I have Epilepsy and colored flashing lights are fine, as long as they are not those flashie things. I hate those! Too bright for me for some reason. The straight strobe lights on like Space Mountain....ah, no. (I've only seen it on youtube, not willing to ride it). :sick:

Anna