PDA

View Full Version : Jan. Availability

Woozle
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know when they will open up Jan. 10 availability? I was trying to see if we can manage a quick trip in before my DD turns 3 on 1/9. I noticed they have some great rates going to just before xmas. Do they traditionally have good deals in Jan. too?

Thank you all!!!

r4kids
07-30-2009, 03:42 PM
You can book a room only for Jan now. Just not a package until after Jan 1, I believe. Jan is a good time to go since it is a low season with lower rates.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2009, 04:19 PM
The packages for 2010 will be released in mid-August.

I would think there would be deals, I guess it all depends on how Disney thinks the economy is looking!

WelshieLover
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Last fall we booked with Magical Journeys a room only (2 bedroom villa) for 8 nights at OKW for Jan 3 - 11. Sure wnough TerriSue contacted us as soon as the package deals came out. I think it was stay 4 and get 3 nights free plus a $250 Disney giftcard. So we ended up with a great deal. I think it was almost 6 - 8 weeks after we booked the room only when the special deals came out.

mickey&missy
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
my suggestion would be to contact Magical Journeys and book a rooms only reservation now. Then have them upgrade to a package with 2010 rates are released.

Then they can apply an applicable discounts that may come up!

That's what we did last year for both our trip in Jan and our trip in March!

Kathy at MJ applied the 4 and 3 deal to our Jan trip and saved us a boat load of money. SHe was also able to apply a great discount to our March trip for the platinum plan that ended up saving us another boat load of money!!!

We just bought DVC and the only thing that makes me a little sad is we wont have the opportunity to work with the wonderful people at ML, especially Kathy!!

MushuGrl
07-31-2009, 11:39 AM
We are going the last week of January - we called Melissa at MJ on Monday, and she went ahead and booked our room, and will apply the package when the deals come out!

It's a great idea if you already know where you want to stay!