PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Chase/Disney?

jonahbear2006
07-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Has anyone else had problems with Chase/Disney? We called today to get annual passholders. The rest of our trip is paid for, except $400 on our card. Disney told my DH that the card was declined and to call Chase....So we call Chase and they said it was approved and that the charge for the tickets was on our account. We called Disney back and they can't track it/fix it/ find it cause it is not in their system that we even purchased anything today and on top of THAT the woman was snippy with us and talking over DH, insisting that we did NOT purchase tickets. Seriously? So the outcome was, we have to deny the claim on our account with chase so they can delete the transaction and wait 24 hours and re-purchase the tickets. Anyone had similar problems? I don't understand how this can happen.

Tink1
07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
YES! Yesterday. Same thing, but for college tuition.

Called Chase and they gave me an authorization number to give the school. Of course now the Bursur is out until Monday.

Will see what happens!

Nanc

jonahbear2006
07-30-2009, 03:26 PM
oh my! what is Up with THAT?

badkitty
07-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Wow, how strange. I am a charter member with the Disney Visa and have never had an issue. (Knock on wood.) I hope it all gets straightened out for you but what a frustrating thing to happen (and more than once - scary!)

wdw_bound
07-31-2009, 01:39 AM
My Disney Visa has weird hiccups from time to time, mostly due to security issues, which, while I appreciate that they are looking out for me are never the less annoying when they happen. Last spring I had to travel to Europe for a family funeral. Airline ticket put on card, rental car when I arrived also put on card, no problem with either (and the rental car was from a local, vendor, not a US-based or online reservation). Three days later, I try to charge the equivalent of $50 to put a death announcement in the paper, and my card is declined - although I am nowhere close to my limit. I have to use a prepaid phone card to call the US customer service number to get things straightened out, and am told it is due to the suspicious nature of the charge. Then am told, it did indeed go through, so played heck getting the charge cancelled since I put the cost of the announcement on my debit card when my Visa was not accepted (which was witnessed by several family/friends - very embarrassing). So $50 is suspicious, but renting a car is ok???? Not to mention the dinner the night before and a few other unique/unusual charges that had gone through no problem. We did get it straightened out, though, and I got a customer service call at home later to check on everything.

Hope you get everything resolved quickly!:mickey:

Belster
07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
When we travel I call my CC company to let them know that I will be using the card in _____ for the next ______ days. They make a note of it.

hokies4life
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
The only thing I've had happen was that even though I was no where near the limit, they hadn't processed my payment yet which I had sent through the mail. I was living on campus at the time and I think it took extra long to get there. So the card was denied since the payment was late. That was my understanding anyway.

But I've had some good luck with them calling me asking if I've made certain charges on my card or not, and some of them I hadn't made so I was glad they had called and asked so I didn't have to call back later to straighten it out.

Oh, and I use my card for EVERYTHING! Tuition, gas, books...and lately its been some big charges because of Nursing School starting soon. Haven't had any problems so far!

Phantod
07-31-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm with Belster. I now always call the CC company to let them know when we are going some place special. Especially since my MIL has a card on our account and she typically does not go with us and so continues to charge where we live.

We got burned by Citibank while in the middle of a cruise when we ordered a drink with dinner and the charge was declined. How embarrassing. We spent an hour on the phone from the pursor's office to get it straightened out....and we had not only CHARGED the cruise with that same card, we had used the AA travel agency (it's a Citibank AA Airmiles card) to book the travel....another story of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

PlutoPlanet
07-31-2009, 12:13 PM
We've had the Disney Visa for 3 years, and it's been fine. There will always be problems with IT now and then. Good Luck. I hope that Disney Visa first realizes that they have a problem. Things should get easier after that.

Tink1
07-31-2009, 12:22 PM
When we travel I call my CC company to let them know that I will be using the card in _____ for the next ______ days. They make a note of it.

I do that as well. But Chase still froze my card while I was at Tokyo Disneyland.

I think it was from buying 2 Ipods in Akihabara

Nanc

Itchy
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I haven't had any problems with my disney card, but a few years ago ( Before I discovered Magical Journeys ) I would book my own disney vaction and purchase tickets with my bank mastercard debit card.

After purchasing the ticket ( almost a $1000 )
I got a call from the bank security folks wanting to know if there was any unauthorised spending on my card as it was not in my usual profile of spending.

I have since had a new debit card issued by the bank as the found that someone was trying to use my account number illegally.

Thank you bank.:thumbsup:

jnfr2424
07-31-2009, 03:07 PM

I did this after being embarrased on Memorial Day when AmEx cancelled my card after I charged the hotel bill. Disney Visa was my backup CC so I called them and advised of the big purchase. Never had a issue yet for the past 2 years (knock on wood)

TheRustyScupper
07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
1) The only problem with Chase was that they cut our credit limit.

2) I looked at it on-line and the limit went from $35,000 down to $7,500.
3) When I called, they said I did nothing wrong.
4) However, we just didn't use the card enough.
5) It was less than 5-minutes to reinstate the full credit limit.
6) I guess we just have to throw more purchases at it.

NOTE: The nice lady on the phone ("RUTH") said they periodically check for credit limits and usages. I think it is reasonable and justified. Just, a blow to one's ego.

hokies4life
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
I did this after being embarrased on Memorial Day when AmEx cancelled my card after I charged the hotel bill. Disney Visa was my backup CC so I called them and advised of the big purchase. Never had a issue yet for the past 2 years (knock on wood)

We used to have so much trouble with AmEx years ago when we were in Disney. It would be the card we put down to charge things to the room, and even if we let them know we would be in FL, they still would block the card and my mom would have to spend a long time on the phone trying to sort it all out.

Disney Visa is 100x better for us so far. :thumbsup:

wdw_bound
07-31-2009, 10:50 PM

I called on this past trip because the card had been frozen the last time I went over, and yet it still got declined for a small purchase. Oh well, the family members back home who were with me have something to talk about now :blush:

jonahbear2006
08-01-2009, 02:27 AM
I have had a card frozen bc of multiple gas stops but never my chase card. This was a very odd thing to happen, especially since we put our vacation on it for a moment, just to get the points and then paid the full $2400 off in full. So, it had nothing to do with credit issues, and they were aware from the previous purchase that we were going to disney, so purchasing annual passes could not have been so far fetched. I only have a $3000 limit with the card, but It is in my name so I could gain some good credit cause I just didnt have ANY and have always paid it off before we accrued any finance charges. Anyways, haven't tried to call back and purchase again yet. We thought we would wait through the weekend and allow time for things to fix before we frustrated ourselves again with more madness.

nicster
08-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I have had a card frozen bc of multiple gas stops but never my chase card. This was a very odd thing to happen, especially since we put our vacation on it for a moment, just to get the points and then paid the full $2400 off in full. So, it had nothing to do with credit issues, and they were aware from the previous purchase that we were going to disney, so purchasing annual passes could not have been so far fetched. I only have a $3000 limit with the card, but It is in my name so I could gain some good credit cause I just didnt have ANY and have always paid it off before we accrued any finance charges. Anyways, haven't tried to call back and purchase again yet. We thought we would wait through the weekend and allow time for things to fix before we frustrated ourselves again with more madness.
jonahbear2006, :offtopic:I used to work in a credit office in a department store (which is one of the easiest places to get a credit card). Anyway, we had people declined occasionally, due to 'no credit history'. They would object and say they had a Visa, or Mastercard, etc, what is the problem?? What I learned was, if you have a credit card that you pay off every month, it is not considered 'credit' to the credit reporting agencies. What I would tell them is; pay off everything but say a nominal amount ($10?) and do this for 6 months straight. You will have to pay a small amount in finance charge, yes, but you will have something showing on your credit report (for the records that you are trying to establish). This might be something for you to look into, since you are trying to establish credit in your own name...