PDA

View Full Version : Last minute trip is it worth it?

jefftm
07-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi here is the deal. We had reservations for August that included free dining however we cancelled. Now I am getting the itch to go anyway without the dining. It seems you can still get a room but would it be worth it to go without not only free dining but no dining reservations. How hard do you think it would be to get walk up service at say Chef Mickeys or the Crystal Palace or anywhere? Would I be fighting the crowds too much Just to find any of the fun places to eat? I am just wondering if it would be worth it or just wait until next year? Thanks Jeff

ransam
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
go....go....go.....

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2009, 02:31 PM
If the restaurants are an important part of your trip (like they are for us), don't go. They have extended free dining - can you take a quick trip later in the year?

Strmchsr
07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Getting into the popular restaurants (Chef Mickey's and CP being two of the most popular) would be next to impossible with walk-up during "free" dining. However, there would be options to eat. Not every place books up completely. If you want to go then book your trip, call the Dining hotline and just ask what's available during your trip. That said, you'd be better off going during a discounted time. You would save quite a bit of money over the last minute trip you're speaking of.

tazlikesrobots
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I would go in a heartbeat even if I did not have ADR's. There are plenty of Quick serve counters with great food :)

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I would go in a heartbeat even if I did not have ADR's. There are plenty of Quick serve counters with great food :)

I agree as well
if dining is really not a big deal plus you have the itch - stop thinking and just do it!

jonahbear2006
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
not all of our trips are dining trips. In the past we have packed a cooler and brought lots of food for sandwiches, snacks, drinks...you can do it. heck, some of the kids meals are sandwiches, cheddar crackers, and apple slices....WE could do that for like a buck. I can get a burger anyday in town but I can't ride space mountain.....so, go! but if you can and really want the dining then you can take the extended dining offer.