PDA

View Full Version : When does the magic wear off??

jaredkari
07-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Okay for all you multiple multiple time visitors to WDW when does the magic wear off?? I totally understand that the magic never truly wears off because we love to go back so much. But what I mean is when do you start to notice little annoyances in the parks??

My first time there I was so in awh the entire time that I couldn't find a single thing wrong with the parks. But on each trip I go back I kind of notice things: trash on the ground, inappropriate T-shirts on guests, people smoking outside of designated areas, etc....
Either I am just starting to notice these things or else I am getting older and cranky. :mickey:

Itchy
07-30-2009, 08:00 AM
For me the magic really does not wain because of trash or bad t-shirts, and the strollers can be a pain sometime.

I guess the magic really gets less when I get low on cash and there is something that I really want and cant get it.

Oh! WOW. thats almost everyday.

Never mind I'm good, thank you.

16 days till another trip:mickey:

BMan62
07-30-2009, 08:32 AM
While we are there, very little will diminish the magic. Once we get home, however, we tend to look back and see the little chinks in the Disney armor.

WDW is still one of the most relaxing, stress relieving vacations we take.

Santuitman
07-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Hmm well I try to remember that the guests are a variable so you can't really help that. About the third trip I noticed the trash here and there and maybe some maintainance/repairs but compared to other parks the magic will never wear off for me.
Last time we were there they were working on the train station at MK and they took the time to make a "mural" of the part they were working on and use that for cover so yuo didn't really notice. Same for when they were working on the Castle one time on one trip. Thats what helps keep the maigc going. All the things Disney does to "disguse" the everyday things that must get done.

wishiniwasthere
07-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Never for me! :mickey:

ransam
07-30-2009, 08:40 AM
in my life i've been over 30 times to disney..and i can honestly say the thril, the love, the childlike glee i feel every time has never worn off.

prprincess
07-30-2009, 09:19 AM
The last few times I've gone with my (small) children it's been really exhausting, so for a little while after I come back, I feel all Disneyed-out. But the urge to return always comes back within a month or two. So for me the magic will probably never completely wear off.

jaredkari
07-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Don't get me wrong the magic hasn't worn out on me... I love WDW. Compared to other vacation destinations it is far and away number one in terms of cleanliness and quality. I am just saying there are those little things that WDW can really do nothing about that you begin to notice as you return many times. I am not calling anyone out, I don't want to start a nasty thread

coneygoil
07-30-2009, 09:27 AM
The magic has never worn out for me! Sure, WDW isn't perfect, but the good always out weights the bad by 99%. The only complains I have are my feet hurting from wanting to do so much and scooters having to be lifted onto the bus. The annoyance of the scooters getting on the bus has to do a lot with my feet hurting because it's usually late at night when the scooter/bus/feet/hurting thing happens :P

The last trip I has last Nov. was so magical and wonderful, I have no annoyances what-so-ever.

It'sWDW4me
07-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I guess I haven't had enough trips yet - I'm still only 5 in. :mickey:

I think I know where you're coming from. There were a few moments during my last 2 trips in which my "Oh, wow!" turned into an "Awwww, maaaaan!" But, thankfully, the "Oh, wow!" factor returned almost instantly and so, though I know there were a few, those "Aw, man!" moments were quickly squashed from memory. :D

Ms. Mode
07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with "your" attitude when you go in. Our first visit was much the same as you described and we found nothing wrong. The second visit we noticed a BiG change in our mousekeeping and the park employees attitudes toward guest etc. But, we went back for a third trip not expecting much and found that it was our best trip to date. I think that because we didn't EXPECT a lot we got FANTISTIC. I admit that I can't wait to go back, because my family leaves all concerns at home and we visit another "world" away from reality at DWD.:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
never. Those little things do not bother me. When it does I will find somewhere else to go! (I dont think that will ever happen though!):mickey:

Dragongirlx
07-30-2009, 10:18 AM
it doesn't really ever wear off for us but I think thts because we come from a long way away and can only afford to go once a year (after much saving). There have been little disapointments but never anything to ruin the magic. Like not getting the lei's when we checked in at the poly last year cause there we no Kids. Bit disappointing but I am at disney world so I don't care.

Madame Leona
07-30-2009, 10:27 AM
There are only two things that bother me and I have a lot of trips under my belt.
1. Dirty rooms. There is just no excuse for a dirty room. Mousekeeping is being paid to keep it clean.

2. People who sneak on to the bus when the back doors are open either to let people off or let a wheelchair/ecv on. It bothers me but not enough to ruin my vacation. I did noptice a bus driver catching someone doing this and he made him get off the bus. I felt like the magic had returned instantly.

buzznwoodysmom
07-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Its not so much that the magic has worn off for me, but I do look back more fondly on our trips when my kids were really little. Everyone said it was a waste to bring kids before they could remember it or before they could ride everything. That is so not true. The magic was so alive when they were little. They truly believed in everything and were so amazed at the tinyest of things. It definitely made those trips more magical and those are the trips I remember being some of our best. But now that they are older the magic still lives on for our family, just in a different way now. Its fun to all be able to ride everything together. I really try not to let other guests, peeling paint and other "petty" things ruin our magic.

Imagineer1981
07-30-2009, 10:55 AM
While we are there, very little will diminish the magic. Once we get home, however, we tend to look back and see the little chinks in the Disney armor.

WDW is still one of the most relaxing, stress relieving vacations we take.

I've gotta agree here. While I may notice the trash or gum on rides, or chipping paint, I am just so happy to be there it doesn't affect me, its only later when I get home that I start to think about it

LibertyTreeGal
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't notice much at WDW -- but DL is another matter!

Guests smoking as they walk through crowds, people casually leaving trash (especially nacho cheese sauce!) on walls in queues (which is dumb because there are cans all over the place). Maybe the problem with DL is because it is a more local driven park, lots of people (and many unaccompanied teens) on AP's for whom the visit isn't so much magical and special as just a way to spend the day. The DL crowd seems more 20ish than the WDW crowd, which is mostly families.

Of course at either park you see people giving in to major tantrums by providing children with sugar and toys, or worse, seeing children who are throwing tantrums not because they are spoiled but because they are exhausted beyond reason. Double strollers for a single child really annoys me at times, or having an ECV swerve into me.

That being said, I love to go. And if I get a nap and a good night sleep that stuff doesn't bother me nearly so much :D (except the smoking in crowds bit, I mean really)

robnadina
07-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I have only been to WDW 3 times (using DVC for 1st time in Feb) so the "magic" is always there for me. I do go to Disneyland once a month, and while its not as vast as WDW, I still cant get enough of Disney.
If I do have any "annoyances" its when people act like they are the only ones in the park. I try to remember that I am not the only one there and that everyone paid good money to be there, so I try to be considerate when standing in line or when pushing my 1 yo in the stroller. But this is just my personality and I know that people aren't trying to be inconsiderate on purpose (some I know are). In the end, there really is nothing that wears off for me. :mickey:

wonderalice23
07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Nothing has ever ruined a vacation for me - even if something does bother me a little, I always just shrug it off. I can't let anything bother me - I'm on vacation for a reason!
BTW - 10th trip and honeymoon coming up in 2 weeks!:cloud9:

Nascfan
07-30-2009, 01:19 PM
It hasn't for us yet.

kcrc
07-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't think the magic wears off. I think it changes. The first time or two that we went with our kids, they had the excitement of experiencing things for the first time. Now, when we go to Disneyworld, it's more like visiting an old friend. You are excited to be there, but it's more because it's comfortable and you DO know what to expect. By now we have our favorites, and we also have the things we don't need to do every time we're there. We try to include a couple things we've never done before in each trip - just so we have a combination of feelings - the comfort plus the excitement.

Greenlawler
07-30-2009, 01:27 PM
For us it has been cool getting to know the parks better every time. There is alwas something new to discover. We try to do attractions we missed the previous trip.

As far as loosing the magic, our crew wishes they would constantly rotate the characters in and out bringing out some that are not around anymore to keep things fresh but that is just our thing. I understand the majority of folks want the fab 5 and pricesses.

johnO
07-30-2009, 02:36 PM
It surely hasn't worn off for us. We may witness new things that we don't like or see something that's not very "Disney" while we're there from time to time, but overall the good experiences FAR outweigh the bad.

I like what kcrc said. The experience does change after being there a few times. We try to change things up or try things we havent done before when we go to add to the collective experience of our vacations at WDW.

MNNHFLTX
07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Moderator Warning--

I have edited a few posts that were inappropriate or referenced a post that was inappropriate. A reminder to everyone that making a sweeping generalization about a group of people is inflammatory and sure to cause hurt feelings. Please use care in responding.

Septbride2002
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know - I guess I just don't focus on that stuff. I will say at the end of the day when my feet hurt and I'm tired the stroller wars can get my blood pressure up - but other then that I don't see paint chips or trash.

I'm way to focused on my little girl who I can't wait to hear oooohhhh and aaaahhhh in delight of seeing the castle.

~Amanda

TheVBs
07-30-2009, 03:50 PM
We've been there a handful of times and the magic hasn't worn off for us. Although, I do agree that the experience changes just a little bit each time. The only time I feel a dent in the magic is if someone in our family or group isn't happy for some reason. But that's typically been due to unreasonable expectations or just needing a break, not because of something Disney has done.

LoriSan
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Double strollers for a single child really annoys me at times

not trying to start anything here, but why would that annoy you? I've often thought how I would love to get a double for my son so there's room for my backpack, since it's too heavy to hang from the handles.

Goes4FastPass
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm the Magic Meister for my group.

It's my job to manage reservations and schedules last minute changes and to pay-pay-pay.

But still there is a time, at least one moment during every trip when I stop and play. When I see the lights of Spectromagic reflected in my nieces eyes. When I'm the only one in my group to get drowned on Kali River Rapids and they all think that's a hoot. Times when the magic is back.

The Walt Disney Company often seems like a giant machine trying to get every penny it can from me and the other guests at WDW seem like they'll run over me to get to Dumbo 4 minutes before me but I remind myself, "I'm on vacation."

EJS-Houston
07-30-2009, 04:22 PM
While certain small annoyances may crop up from time to time when at WDW, I choose not to allow them to color my experience. Truth is, WDW still has the power to make me feel that same lump-in-the-throat wonder I felt when I first visited it nearly 38 years ago.

irish1967
07-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't think the magic will ever wear off for me... it just changes a little bit with each trip.

The wonderment of childhood moving into the freedom of being a teen allowed to go off on her own for the first time.

The fun of being a young adult (I can definitely remember buying a beer :beer: in the bar at the CR the year I turned 21) to riding the Carasoul with the man who was to become my husband.

Renting my first double stroller after a few years break to a trip alone with DH for our 10 year anniversary (yes, we rode the Carasoul again!)

My first (of many) half marathons with my best friend (we were 40 and fabulous baby! (what were we thinking? Did we say, let's go to WDW and hit the spa to celebrate the big 4-0? Noooo we had to say, let's go to WDW and do a half marathon LOL!)) to eagerly measuring DS2 to see if he is FINALLY 48 inches tall...

Come back and I will keep adding to the list as the years go by.

I don't and won't allow the little things diminish the magic - they are but moments in hours and hours of wonderment.

PharmD
07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Our trip in Oct. will be our 20th and the magic has yet to wear off :cloud9:. As soon as we come home we are planning our next trip.

Marker
07-31-2009, 12:11 AM
My view...

If you rely on money for the magic, it will wear off.

If you rely on Disney to be soley responsible for supplying the magic, it will wear off.

If you allow the actions of other to tarnish the magic, it will fade

But, if the magic is in you. If we use the surroundings, the cast members, the guests, and all that is Disney to come together, the magic will always be there.

But it's up to us, it's up to our attitude, it's up to our willingness to participate, it's up to our ability to see the delight in the eyes of a child of any age, and it's up to the pixie dust in each of us to be a part of bringing the magic to others, and in return to embrace the magic we see.

MichaelMouse
07-31-2009, 12:21 AM
The Magic NEVER wears off.

However, I have found myself knit picking on many things before. That is all in good looking out. A true Disney fan will try to see how to make things better or keep things up to Disney standards.

I always critique things throughout the WDW resort. As a matter of fact, I'd like Disney corporate to hire me as one of their imagineers, I would be a great addition. I'm sure most Big Disney fans think the same way........:mickey::mickey::mickey:

MichaelMouse
07-31-2009, 12:23 AM
:cloud9:. As soon as we come home we are planning our next trip.

WORD UP, I'm with you on that

Jll3Sonex
07-31-2009, 08:46 AM
The magic does change - from the wonders of it all when you're a kid to the wonder of 'how do they do it!' when you're older, to amazement at how WELL they do it...

And an appreciation of all the people who work so hard to make the magic available to everyone...

My family thinks it's funny to watch me just stop and stare when the fireworks go off. That they STILL make me do that after all these years... that's what the magic is about.

Belster
07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
I willl say that the magic gets better and better with each trip. Now that I have my own kids and truly can plan and enjoy that from start to finish the magic is in full throttle.

Celestria
07-31-2009, 09:51 AM
those "little things" such as the t-shirts, trash, smoking, are things that disney has little control over. you can't restrict what someone wears, regular cast members have no authority to do anything about the smokers, and the guests and their trash outnumber the employees who mostly can't leave thier little area. they did make a little improvement to the strollers by cutting down their size a little.

but since i return with my pass almost every weekend, things aren't slowing me down.

ransam
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
we've all gotten older, had successes, failures, lost loved ones, gained loved ones.....but ever since we were children (most of us), we've loved disney....things change in life every day, but Disney and the magic doesn't change...you can feel it the first time you enter the park and see the castle...even if it's your 83rd trip, the magic is still there...it's there when you take your child for the first time...it's there when a total stranger and you strike up a conversation on the bus early monday morning...the magic is there when you have no idea who's more excited to see Mickey, you or your 8 year old....it's there in the fireworks...it's in the music...it's in the customer service..it's there when everyone is smiling....it's there when we're all at our best....let's face it...the magic is in the park, and in each one of us...that is why the magic will never wear off.

BPATSMouse
08-01-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't and won't allow the little things diminish the magic - they are but moments in hours and hours of wonderment.
Irish1967 I completely agree with your statement.:mickey:

BigWes6
08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
The magic is strong with everyone, just like the force, but there is a DARK side !!It's the people with the strollers that run into you because they cant drive them !! But other than that , we are in love with WDW !

KatrinaJ91
08-01-2009, 09:51 PM
My view...

If you rely on Disney to be soley responsible for supplying the magic, it will wear off.

But, if the magic is in you. If we use the surroundings, the cast members, the guests, and all that is Disney to come together, the magic will always be there.

But it's up to us, it's up to our attitude, it's up to our willingness to participate, it's up to our ability to see the delight in the eyes of a child of any age, and it's up to the pixie dust in each of us to be a part of bringing the magic to others, and in return to embrace the magic we see.

WOW....you brought a tear to my eye! My sentiments exactly!! I don't think the magic will ever fade for me. I miss being there about an hour after we leave!! Sometimes I start to miss being there while we are still there!! haha

AdventurerKim
08-01-2009, 11:46 PM
The magic never wears off because it's always about family and fun whenever we're there! :mickey: I try not to let others' lack of decorum and patience interfere with the "family and fun" magic of the trip, although that can be difficult sometimes. Still, the magic glitters on...

Giggy
08-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I'd agree that it's probably a case of the magic wearing off ONLY if you let it. The effort by everyone working there to keep it magical will do so as long as you go with the right attitude.

Admittedly we don't go often: 1998, 2001, 2004 then hopefully 2010 (if I keep saying it then it WILL happen!) so it isn't a risk for us. We had previously gone every 3 years and if we go 2010 it's a 6 year gap since our last visit. I think the fact we don't go often helps in some ways as even though we have been before the long wait means it stays feeling new and exciting rather than being at risk of becoming routine.

LoriMistress
08-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Rude guests can ruin the magic, but normally the magic wears off when we're leaving the park and going back home. Knowing we're leaving a magical place, and going back to reality does the trick.

Disney Doll
08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
My view...

Could not have said it better!

castlelady36
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Gosh no!! Never seems to...the second I get back I want to go again and wish that I could get there more then once or twice a year!! Sometimes I might get annoyed by someone or something but generally it is forgotten within minutes.

starflyer59
08-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Rude guests can ruin the magic, but normally the magic wears off when we're leaving the park and going back home. Knowing we're leaving a magical place, and going back to reality does the trick.

Rude guest ruins it for me. Christmas day 2007 was the worst trip ever. Crowds were shoulder to shoulder and while waiting for wishes to start there was several pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing matches.

Trying to get out of the park was horrible. More pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing guest.

Disney cast members was no where to be found to settle things down and direct people out of the park.

johnO
08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Rude guest ruins it for me. Christmas day 2007 was the worst trip ever. Crowds were shoulder to shoulder and while waiting for wishes to start there was several pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing matches.

Trying to get out of the park was horrible. More pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing guest.

Disney cast members was no where to be found to settle things down and direct people out of the park.
Exactly why we don't go when it's so extremely crowded.

2Epcot
08-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I would also say the magic never wears off. I spent most of this morning talking to one of my coworkers about Disneyland and Walt Disney World the resorts, parks, attractions and everything else. When I was done he said, sounds like you're ready to go back ... I told him I'm always ready. Though, something in the park that ruins it, is always the person, or family trying to squeeze in at the last moment for a parade.

alex61821
08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
My view...

WOW....you brought a tear to my eye! My sentiments exactly!! I don't think the magic will ever fade for me. I miss being there about an hour after we leave!! Sometimes I start to miss being there while we are still there!! haha

glad to see i wasn't the only one ;) no wait i think its smoke in my eye ya that's it smoke.

KAJUNKING
08-03-2009, 01:53 PM
i don't think it wears off, but as others have stated we try to change our trips up a bit just so they don't get routine, i also think keeping the magic fresh by passing some magic on to other guests (giving fast passes,giving someone your rented stroller when your done, taking a picture for other guests) is a very important part of the magic. I'm not saying we don't have our meltdowns or bad moments but we usually move on past that quickly

iheartdisney
08-03-2009, 08:03 PM
As we're packing the car and we settle in for the long ride home........I hate going back to reality! :nope:

disneykid@hrt
08-04-2009, 01:44 AM
For me, the magic never wears off...

It hit me on my last trip pretty much as soon as we got to the airport... I was a bit rosy from being in the sun all week and I was in the bathroom. Maybe its just me, but the guests at Disney are more friendly than in the "real world." Heck, we're all in the Happiest Place on Earth- literally for me- and everyone is chattier, laughs a little easier, etc.So I made a comment about my sunburn in the bathroom to a woman standing next to me in the mirror. She gave me the craziest "why is this strange lady talking to me" look I've ever received... That's when I realized... I'm not in Disney anymore.:(

Even my saddest moments in the park... Our last visit again 2006... We were at Epcot on our last night and for some reason we weren't going to be able to ride Soarin'. Neither of us had EVER ridden it and it was the ONLY ride that I'd never ridden... Needless to say I was pretty disappointed. So out of nowhere, a young lady came up to us and says... Hey, I've got these Fast Passes for Soarin' and we're not going to be able to use them, do you want them?

I could have kissed her!! Seriously. I think I teared up! I'll never forget that.

JabberJaws
08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Well I've worked at WDW twice (once in the parks in 2002 for 7 months, and once in convention marketing out of Celebration for 10 months) so I went to the parks on a daily basis during those times. I can say that things in the parks do become more commonplace so you do notice little things here or there, mostly because you have more time to linger in the parks, therefore more time to notice things like that.

Obviously all those times I went weren't as magical as say when I used to only go every 2 years as a kid, but they were still magical none-the-less, just in a different way.

On the flip side, having all the time to spend in the parks, did allow me and my wife to enjoy and appreciate lots of the small things at WDW that otherwise you wouldn't have time to appreciate.

So I don't see it as less "magical," just different.

Mousemates
08-04-2009, 11:14 AM
i don't think it wears off, but as others have stated we try to change our trips up a bit just so they don't get routine.

We have taken a similar approach to keeping it fresh by altering the time of year that we go...most of our early trips when our kids were younger were summer trips that were done in late may and early june.

When the kids got older and riding the thrill rides was more important to them we switched over to fall break trips around the first week of october when the crowds were lighter and you could pretty much ride all you wanted.

Now (with both kids in high school but having rode the rides mulitiple multiple times) we actually like to go during the super busy week between Christmas and New Years...we get to the parks early and ride until lunch time....then during the late afternoon we will usually go back to the resort for a nap or to lounge around the pool (if its warm enough) or perhaps visit other resorts and take in the decorations...before heading back for the tail end of which ever park is doing evening EMH.

That, by the way, is still the plan for this year and next year...after which things will change again when DD goes off to college and we have new scheduling parameters to deal with...could be we end up going in the late spring at that point.

renecat
08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
A fews years back my DH and I went for 9 days. The last night as we were leaving Epcot I told him I thought I was Disneyed out. Well it only took about a year and a half to get the itch again so last Dec. My sister & I took my two youngest granddaughters. We stay at th G.F. had a great time except two days before we were due to leave on of mu G.D got the flu. I kind of stayed in the room with her while my sister took they other G.D. to the parks. All in all
was a great trip, until I got home and tryed to use my Discover card at the grocery store.
Went home and called them found out there had been some Charges that I had not made at a Wal-Mart in Kissimee, a few other places like a gas station and a resturant. Come to find out someone that had access to our room went in and took three of my cards out of the safe and
had a great time.:mad: Then they returned them before we left the resort. At first we thought maybe someone had just stolen my #'s but all the charges where made on the same day Dec.11, 2008 with three differant cards. The magic sure wore off for me that year. Trying to get thing straightened out with the credit card companys :mad:and then I call the G.F. to let them know what had happened so they could check into it. That was no easy task either the first time I call they put me throught to this recording and when I left a message I never heard back. A few weeks later I called back and had to demand to speak to someone in security.
I never did hear if the ever found the person responsable for this. I must admit I got the bug again and I'm going back for my birthday in Sept. WON'T BE PUTTING ANYTHING IN THE SAFE.

antngoof89
08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
A fews years back my DH and I went for 9 days. The last night as we were leaving Epcot I told him I thought I was Disneyed out. Well it only took about a year and a half to get the itch again so last Dec. My sister & I took my two youngest granddaughters. We stay at th G.F. had a great time except two days before we were due to leave on of mu G.D got the flu. I kind of stayed in the room with her while my sister took they other G.D. to the parks. All in all
was a great trip, until I got home and tryed to use my Discover card at the grocery store.
Went home and called them found out there had been some Charges that I had not made at a Wal-Mart in Kissimee, a few other places like a gas station and a resturant. Come to find out someone that had access to our room went in and took three of my cards out of the safe and
had a great time.:mad: Then they returned them before we left the resort. At first we thought maybe someone had just stolen my #'s but all the charges where made on the same day Dec.11, 2008 with three differant cards. The magic sure wore off for me that year. Trying to get thing straightened out with the credit card companys :mad:and then I call the G.F. to let them know what had happened so they could check into it. That was no easy task either the first time I call they put me throught to this recording and when I left a message I never heard back. A few weeks later I called back and had to demand to speak to someone in security.
I never did hear if the ever found the person responsable for this. I must admit I got the bug again and I'm going back for my birthday in Sept. WON'T BE PUTTING ANYTHING IN THE SAFE.

I really don't think there is any such thing as disneyed out, probably just exhausted that makes you think you are sick of it.

Things like stolen cards, stolen merchandise, bumped into by strollers, kids screaming, people being grumpy, these are are all variables in ALL situations, vacation or not. People say those things ruin a vacation, but really, in the world today, you have to expect these things to happen so you'll be prepared to handle them punctually and accurately and still keep moving on so it will not bring you down.

My last trip we had a terribly cranky person with us, she wanted to ride some rides that we didn't want to ride because of having to wait x amount of time for us while we were in line for other big attractions. She complained about everything and made some of us miserable at points of the trip, but in the end, we all still had a blast and the day I got back, I was ready to go again. I'm 20 years old and any vacation, anywhere will never replace how much fun Disney World is. There is something there for everyone.

I believe, and no offense to anyone on these boards, that if you feel "disneyed" out it's not because you're sick of the place, you may have just let the variables get to you a little too deep, or perhaps you're not as patient a person as you need to be to fully enjoy, not only at Disney, but a vacation anywhere in the US.

Again, I'm a young guy, but that is my opinion on the magic wearing off. I don't think it ever does, not even a little bit. The magic doesn't wear off on you, the bad traits of today's society wear on you and ruin your trip if you let it. For my family and I, it's all magic all day!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-05-2009, 04:44 PM
My view...

Beautifully said, Mark! I am still smitten by the magic of Disney and hope to never lose that feeling. :cloud9::magic::pixie: