PDA

View Full Version : Best way from Parks to Airport

disneykid@hrt
07-30-2009, 12:01 AM
We are flying out at 5 PM on our last day in October and I just think I wont be able to not spend as much time in the parks as possible- it's my daughter's first trip and we are only going to have 2 and a half days in the park without it. We can do DME, but I've heard you have to leave three hours prior... should we rent a car, or take a cab?? Also, what is the fastest way to get from the airport to the Parks?? Again, cab, rental, DME? Thanks for the help!

Seasonscraps
07-30-2009, 06:45 AM
If you want to maximize your time at the parks, I would suggest a cab to the airport. You will be picked up a scheduled time and left at the front door to the airport.

DME picks up 2 hours and 45 minutes before your flight but you would need to be back at the resort a little before that so you don't miss your bus. If you rent a car, you would need to leave extra time to turn it in.

wishiniwasthere
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Maybe you should try Quicksilver Tours. We used them for other things because we always use Magical Express to/from the airport, but I would definitely use them if I needed a ride to the airport. Much nicer than a cab, in my opinion!

Imagineer1981
07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Rental cars work well too if you need it. National/Alamo rentals are located right at the airport, you walk across from the parking garage into the terminal. very convienent

RBrooksC
07-30-2009, 12:05 PM
I will always say "Rent a car!!". This way you control when you leave to go wherever you want. If you have a car, you don't have to rely on a cab or a bus service or anything else. If you want to time your trip back to the airport to the last possible second, you can do that with a car. Also, it will allow you for maximum time management when you are there since you don't have to spend time waiting for a bus.

I will never go to Disney have to rely in Disney transportation my entire trip.

Pigtunia
07-30-2009, 12:31 PM
We always rent a car, partly because we also spend a couple of days over at Universal, but also because you have more control over when you can arrive or leave WDW.

It also helps as a backup to the Disney Transit system. (eg. getting to mini golf, or regular golf really can't be done by bus...at least not conveniently).

As for the route from the Airport, we always use the 417 (the south exit from the airport). Take the 417 to 536 (World Center Drive). I believe it's exit #6 on the 417. World Center Drive then turns into Epcot Center Drive....you're in!

T--
07-31-2009, 10:35 PM
as mentioned before.

CleveRocks
08-02-2009, 11:11 PM
We are flying out at 5 PM on our last day in October and I just think I wont be able to not spend as much time in the parks as possible- it's my daughter's first trip and we are only going to have 2 and a half days in the park without it. We can do DME, but I've heard you have to leave three hours prior... should we rent a car, or take a cab?? Also, what is the fastest way to get from the airport to the Parks?? Again, cab, rental, DME? Thanks for the help!

Have you booked a package, or do you have a room-only reservation?

This is an important question, because if it's a room-only reservation you are free to buy your own tickets ahead of time, and thus you won't have to go from the airport directly to your resort to get your PACKAGE tickets.

If you have a package, you'll need to get to your resort first. If this is the case, DME will take the same amount of time as a taxi or car service.

But if you have a room-only reservation, what you can do is rent a car at the airport, keep your luggage in the car, and go directly to a park. When you are all done at that park for the day, THEN you can drive you and your luggage to your resort and check-in.

It can work the same on your departure day ... keep the luggage in the car, drive to a park, then drive directly from that park to the airport. If you use DME, you'll need to take the time to get back to your resort in order to catch the DME bus, which will pick you up anywhere from 2.75 to 3.25 hours before your flight.