PDA

View Full Version : Victoria and Alberts question...I guess it would go here

wonderalice23
07-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok, so my fiancee and I will be honeymooning in WDW and, of course, going to V&A's one night for lunch. It's easy for him, jacket and tie! I am shopping around, but I am not sure what kind of dress/outfit I will need to fit in! Any suggestions anyone? thanks!:thumbsup:

MonoMan
07-30-2009, 05:17 AM
When I've dined there in the past I've noticed some ladies wearing dresses and other wearing nice dress pants with a dressy shirt. It is a very elegant setting. I hope you have a wonderful time:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
07-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Just an FYI, V&A's is a dinner only establishment. No lunch.

SurferStitch
07-30-2009, 07:36 AM
I always wear a cocktail or evening dress. I've worn floor length dresses and knee length. Last October I wore a gorgeous black silk strapless dress that had a flared out bubble knee length skirt that looked like it was made for a princess. Lots of dressy jewelry and killer heels, too. We were staying in Sugar Loaf at the Grand Flo, and the concierge staff really made a fuss over our attire before dinner.

Like mentioned above, nice dress pants (silky, flowy, fancy) and a very dressy top will also be fine. BUT, it's a very upscale restaurant with an amazingly attentive staff....go dressed to the nines. A pants/top outfit can easily cost more than a great dress, so go all out and get a stunner. White House Black Market and Cache are perfect places to find something, and very often have good sales.

And when I say this place is fancy....it's the only place we've dined at where they bring me a tufted (and highly embellished) footstool for my tiny little clutch so it has a place to stay while we dine. Nice. :thumbsup:

Enjoy your experience there, and congratulations on your wedding! Have a wonderful honeymoon!!

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2009, 07:42 AM
1) As mentioned above, this is dress-up time.
2) Wear whatever you would for a nice evening out. *
3) We have seen
. . . cocktail dresses
. . . nice pants suits
. . . upgraded women's business attire
. . . slinky dresses
4) If given a percentage, I would estimate 70% dresses, 30% pant suits. **
5) Whatever makes you feel good.

* You can also use it for Shula's, if you go there.
** My own observation, not backed-up by data.

Lisa417
07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm planning on wearing the dress from my practice dinner. Just going to change put a new sash around it and wear different shoes. :o)

:mickey:

wonderalice23
07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the replies! I can't believe I wrote lunch! LOL! I am taking my matron-of-honor to the mall with me to look for that perfect outfit. I don't go crazy dressy all the time - actually Disney is the only place I actually primp every single morning before going out! LOL! I can't wait for this - thanks again!