PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland question

Gusgus
07-29-2009, 11:22 PM
If you purchase a Tables in Wonderland subscription at a guest relations location, do you get a card or a piece of paper? I know there was a time with the former Disney Dining Experience program if your ordered from home you got a card, but if you went to guest relations you got a print out (and the card was sent to your house weeks later).

Thanks,

Gusgus

TinksDH
07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
You get a TIW card that is the same type of card as the paper Annual Passes. You no longer get the plastic card mailed to your home. AND if you lose the card (or wash it in your washing machine!) you have to pay to have it replaced!

Gusgus
07-30-2009, 08:45 AM
AND if you lose the card (or wash it in your washing machine!) you have to pay to have it replaced!

What if it stops working? Every annual pass I ever had (lots) has stopped working at some point from getting worn out. How much is the replacement cost?

Thanks,

Gusgus

kakn7294
07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
The old Disney Dining Experience card was the paper card like the APs and tickets. However, the newer Tables in Wonderland cards are a hard plastic.

Gusgus
07-30-2009, 09:10 AM
You get a TIW card that is the same type of card as the paper Annual Passes. You no longer get the plastic card mailed to your home

However, the newer Tables in Wonderland cards are a hard plastic.

Heh.. I feel like I am at the grocery store "paper or plastic"? Two responses, two different answers. One paper. One plastic. Does it depend which customer relations location you go to whether you get a paper card like an annual pass or a plastic card like a resort key?

Every Disney Dining Experience card I have (3) are hard plastic. I am holding them in my hand so I am certain.

Gusgus

VWL Mom
07-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Heh.. I feel like I am at the grocery store "paper or plastic"? Two responses, two different answers. One paper. One plastic. Does it depend which customer relations location you go to whether you get a paper card like an annual pass or a plastic card like a resort key?

Gusgus
That may be the answer. I got my TIW at MK in November and it is a paper card. I'm going to check when I go down if they will switch it to plastic.

kakn7294
07-30-2009, 09:25 AM

Every Disney Dining Experience card I have (3) are hard plastic. I am holding them in my hand so I am certain.

GusgusThat must be it. I got my DDE card inside the MK at Guest Relations last August and it's a paper card. My friend's TIW card is hard plastic. I just assumed they changed when the name changed.

TinksDH
08-02-2009, 09:05 AM
The replacement card is $50. If you still have it with you and the card just stops working, I would imagine that they'd issue a new one. If you lose it or wash it and it is unrecognizable, that may be a different story!

And regarding paper or plastic, the one that was issued to me last December at WDW was the paper type. I expected to get a plastic one in the mail, like with the prior DDE, but the paper one is all I have ever gotten.

KAT1811
08-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Think it would be okay to laminate the paper card to protect it?

TheRustyScupper
08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Think it would be okay to laminate the paper card to protect it?

1) Risky.
2) If it cannot be read, you pay $50 to replace it.