PDA

View Full Version : BW or BC

pandkx3
07-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I know, I know...Just got back and already planning our next trip. What can I say? We had a wonderful trip to WDW in June for 10 days and I can't wait to go back. We've always stayed at Pop because there's five in our family and we need the space (always get 2 rooms). Next time we want to be within walking distance to Epcot. I think we'll be able to stay in one room instead of getting two rooms. My questions is which resort....I just can't make up my mind..

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Between the two I would say the BC, for Storm Along Bay itself. You can enjoy the Boardwalk while staying at th BC but cannot enjoy SAB while staying at the BW. We weren't too crazy about the BC when we stayed there. if it were me I would try the YC but the BC is closer to Epcot. Have a fabulous trip!!!

Seasonscraps
07-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I would stay at the BW. Stormalong Bay doesn't appeal to me - it always looks crowded and crazy plus you have to cross the walkway to get to the water slide steps. BW is kind of calm, great slide and very comfy pool bar.

pandkx3
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info!

coloradowendyl
07-29-2009, 04:12 PM
My kids love the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay. I personally find it slightly more low key than the Yacht Club. Downside to the Yacht Club is that the BC/YC conference center is on that side and you will see a lot more conference people over there rather. It also always seems very dark to me! I have stayed there twice and really prefer BC.

Downside to both of them and Boardwalk is a lack of a true counter service facility in the morning. The Beach Club has the Market place for Grab and Go...Yacht Club has a coffee kiosk with even more limited food. Boardwalk you can run over to the Bakery. Same for the refillable mugs...it is out to Hurricane Hannah's or going over to Beach Club Market Place if you are at YC.

Boardwalk is very nice as well with a great pool, but Stormalong really beats them all!

Just my 2 cents worth!
Wendy

jakeybake
08-02-2009, 09:45 AM
The Beach Club for sure.

You can enjoy all the emenities of the Boardwalk (dining options, night life, entertainment, ESPN etc.) but have the luxury of Stormalong Bay, Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream etc.

Jay

Jeff
08-02-2009, 09:57 AM
If swimming n a unique pool are important go BC. If not "pool people" go with the BWI. We have stayed at both and both are nicebut we like the BWI atmosphere a bit better and it also closer to walk to the Studios.

You can't go wrong with either!