PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Questions

tinkman
07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
We're thinking of doing the 3-day cruise in May. We are DVC members but will doing a cash deal for the cruise, then 5 days at OKW. We are flying in from Ohio. We really want to do the cruise first, then the resort, so my question is: what is everyone's suggestion for 1)where to fly into
2)how to get from airport to the port
3)how to get back to OKW from the port
4)then from the resort back to MCO I would presume.

Don't really want to rent a car, but would entertain the idea if it makes sense. THanks!

ElenitaB
07-29-2009, 10:22 PM
We always make it point of arriving the night before, just in case there's a flight delay (it can happen even in May). We book a studio with our DVC points, and take DME to the resort and then DCL transportation to port the day of the cruise.

1)where to fly into
MCO

2)how to get from airport to the port
Even if you fly in the same day, you can take DCL transportation from MCO to port

3)how to get back to OKW from the port
DCL transportation... they leave continuously from port to the various resorts

4)then from the resort back to MCO I would presume.
Disney's Magical Express ... I leave the driving to Mickey!

I haven't rented a car in Orlando in years. It is a nice convenience, but I'd rather spend those dollars on something else. And, yes, it would be cheaper to rent a car for the trip to port, but I tend to evalute the stress portion of the equation as well... because, unless you want to park the rental at port (and pay for three days of parking), you will have to drop the car off at the rental agency and then use their shuttle to get to the ship. I can feel my shoulders tensing up as I even type that! :blush:

RobWreck
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Because you're a DVC member, DCL will pick you up at OKW - they don't normally pick up there for non-DVC members. As for when to fly in, I think you're always best off flying in the night before... while bad weather isn't a likely concern for your May cruise, there's always that chance of some sort of delay causing your flight to be late and you missing the boat. if you book your airfare through DCL, they have the responsibility of getting you on the boat, but if you get it on your own, you'll have to figure out how to catch up with the ship.
Enjoy!
Rob