PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club

Menai2WDW
07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't hear much about Yacht Club in the discussions. Beach Club seems a little more popular.

I thought it was quite a large hotel and would have attracted more discussion than it does.

We are looking forward to going back in October but haven't been for 2 years. Will I see much has changed?

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Personally I wasn't in love with the BC when we stayed there. It didn't have that Disney feel for me. Just me I guess since everyone else seems to love it. We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse and the atmosphere in the Yacht Club a bit better. For us if we were to return to the resort we would stay on the YC side. I suppose we'll have to give it another go at some point but there are still a ton of places I haven't stayed! I personally think that the BC gets more attention for it's proximity to Epcot. Shorter walk from there.

Why the resort has two different names I'll never know. IMHO one building = one resort!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Yacht club is a great resort, but Beach Club by far is better. It has Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream, a great pool, and is closer to Boardwalk and Epcot. Yacht club for whatever reason seems stuffy

Wrigley
07-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I happen to love, love, love the Yacht Club. I have never personally stayed at the Beach Club, but my parents did on one of our trips (my DH and I stayed somewhere else), so we visited them a few times. I honestly have to say, that I didn't like the Beach Club at all compared to Yacht Club. It felt kinda dingy to me. Yacht Club feels classier and cleaner to me. I would definately choose Yacht Club over Beach Club in a heart beat!:mickey:

jakeybake
07-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I have stayed at both YC and BC.

We absolutely LOVE BC. It is by far our favorite resort. We are a family of 4 with younger children (DS 11, DD 7) so the atmosphere appeals to us.

I also really like the Yacht Club, it's just a big more "adult" than the BC. That being said both resorts basically share everything (pool, dining options, transportation etc.) so it really just depends on your style preference.

You really can't go wrong with either one. The convenience of being in walking distance of Epcot, Disney Studios and the Boardwalk is worth the price alone. Then throw in Stormalong Bay, Beaches and Cream, Cape May Cafe and Yachtsman Steakhouse and that is as good as it gets.

Jay

Stickey
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
We enjoyed our stay at the YC and we consider it superior to the BC. Service was significantly better at the YC and the BC seemed a bit run-down. Both have a great location.

MidnTPK
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
One of the reasons I've stayed over at the YC over the BC is the bus stop. The BC bus stop is much bigger because it is the stop for the regular hotel, and the DVC's BCVs. As a result, it's considerably less crowded at the YC's stop, which is nice.

I also like that there's less mayhem in the lobby at the YC. In the morning, the waiting crowd and noise from Cape May Cafe's character breakfast makes the BC lobby a very active place very early in the morning.

While the YC seems a little more adult....it only seems that way. The YC is just as full of active families enjoying WDW as any other resort is.