PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading already upgraded park passes...

irish1967
07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
For our recent trip to WDW, we had purchased 4 day park hoppers for myself, DH, and 2 DS.

I upgraded my park hopper to AP because I am going to WDW in January for the marathon weekend for 6 days and also because with our entire party size (12 people) we wanted to take advantage of the Tables in Wonderland dining option.

I upgraded my DH and DS' tix to 8 day/no expiration option because they will be joining me during the marathon weekend for 4 days (normally this is a trip I take with friends)

Long story short, we have decided to push back our summer plans for summer 2010 (trip to Europe) and instead will be going to my favorite place on earth.

Can I upgrade their already upgraded tix to APs for the rest of the family? Or will I need to purchase new park hoppers for that summer trip? (We will be going a couple weeks earlier next summer in order to utilize my AP and Tables in Wonderland before each expires.)

Thanks!

Fangorn
07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
You shouldn't have a problem upgrading the tickets to APs. Disney doesn't seem to have too many rules limiting the amount of money you can give them. I know my DD upgraded a 5 day base ticket and added the park hopper. She then added a couple of days at a later date. Not a problem at all. I don't see that there's a whole lot of difference here.

Better yet, now that I think about it, I have had the following occur: for some reason, we had a 1-day ticket for our DS who is a Florida Resident. We upgraded that ticket to an AP for his birthday on. A month later he wanted to go to the water parks so he upgraded to the Premium AP. In his case, he just went to Downtown Disney and upgraded at Guest Relations. Not a problem.

Steve

momofdisneyprincess
07-29-2009, 08:59 AM
I think you can upgrade them to AP's since they are the no expiration option. I'm sure someone will come along to correct me if I'm wrong. Have fun!

irish1967
07-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the info! I thought we would be able to but since the additional upgrade would monetarily work in my favor, I wasn't sure about it being allowed.

DizneyRox
07-29-2009, 09:17 AM
As long as the tickets are not used or within 14 days of first use you can upgrade them to whatever you want.

Downgrades (less money to Disney) are usually not allowed. Upgrading a ticket to an AP to cover two trips isn't really a downgrade (AP < 2 MYW tickets) because they would rather get the money NOW than risk you not actually taking the second trip. Plus they probably don't know about the second trip.

CleveRocks
07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's the deal ...

Once you first use a Magic Your Way pass, a 14-day clock starts running.

After that 14 days has past (remember, 14 days from first use, not 14 days from purchase), that pass can no longer be added to or upgraded. This applies even if you bought the No Expiration option. No Expiration means the entitlements on the pass never expire, but your ability to upgrade the ticket definitely does expire after that 14 days.

Disney tickets aren't ruled by common sense, they're ruled by Disney's specific rules.

I sure don't know everything, but I'm sure I know the MYW ticket policies.:cool: