PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP questions

Guya103
07-28-2009, 09:58 PM
We will be visiting the world October 9th through the 17th. MNSSHP will be going on several of the days we are there. We do not want to go the the party and have a few questions. If we are in the MK the day of the party and are not going does the park close early for us? or Can we still be in the park? We have made multiple dinner reservations and want to make sure we will be aloud in the park. We have never gone this time of year and are hoping that the celebration will not take away from our time in the MK. Any info would be greatly appreciated! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
07-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately, you will be asked to leave MK at 7pm the night of the parties - it essentially closes to everyone except party guests at that time.

That being said, if you have an ADR at one of the sit-down restaurants that overlaps with the party, you will be allowed to finish your dinner and then leave - you won't be asked to rush through your dinner or make a really early ADR so that you're out by 7pm.

I would plan for an evening at DTD or the movie over at FW, or maybe even a haunted hayride one of the evenings you have to leave MK... I'm sure you'll find some fun stuff to do, even with the parks being closed!

(although, noticing your dates, you may find the parks open later, as you're travelling during the Col. Day holiday, and it seems the parks are open later during that week.)

Have a fun trip!

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately, you will be asked to leave MK at 7pm the night of the parties - it essentially closes to everyone except party guests at that time.

That being said, if you have an ADR at one of the sit-down restaurants that overlaps with the party, you will be allowed to finish your dinner and then leave - you won't be asked to rush through your dinner or make a really early ADR so that you're out by 7pm.

:ditto:

Since the MNSSHP is a hard ticket event they hand out wristbands to identify ticket holders and those without the wirstband are asked to leave after the start of the party.

Why not plan a dinner outside of the parks that night? Or in another park? you could always hop the monerail over to Epcot for a dinner in WS.

Guya103
07-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info and ideas!:mickey:

Guya103
07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
We have decided to change our dates so that we will be in the World on Halloween and want to go to MNSSHP. Would you recommend going to MNSSHP before Halloween or on? Is there a large difference in the crowds? Thanks! :mickey:

joanna71985
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
We have decided to change our dates so that we will be in the World on Halloween and want to go to MNSSHP. Would you recommend going to MNSSHP before Halloween or on? Is there a large difference in the crowds? Thanks! :mickey:

Halloween is by far the busiest of the parties (it always sells out far before Halloween, so if you want to go on Halloween I would get tickets soon).

Dsnygirl
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Kind-of a difficult question... we are going to be at Disney over Halloween as well, but chose to do the party that is earlier in the week, primarily b/c we know that the Halloween party is a sellout.

We've gone once before, w/o our kids (yes, really, and it was bliss... ;)) and felt like we had a hard time doing everything we wanted to do, as there are so many "extra" things going on.

So, we figured that since they'll be with us this time, we'd better go to a less busy party where the lines (hopefully) won't be as long.

But -- there is the "I'm in MK at the party on Halloween" thing, too -- which would be totally cool.

So -- tough question, but I know that whichever way you choose, you're going to be SO glad you chose to go!! :mpumpkin:

SurferStitch
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
We've gone on Halloween night (2004 - which was a sellout, but ride lines were short), and we went last October (the 16th - also a sellout with relatively short ride lines). We've gone other days in October over the years, and while not sellouts, they were still very, very busy. Personally, I don't think it really matters.

Halloween night was so much fun, but it was still the same stuff as other nights. I think it was just the idea that it was THE night that made it even more fun.

LilRonGal
07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd suggest you have dinner BEFORE you go to the party. It seems like a long party but it's really not. The time FLIES by, and there are a lot of things to see and do. Special character greets, a great parade, an awesome fireworks show. I made the mistake of eating during the party and ended up missing out on some really awesome things.

If you want to go Halloween night, get your tix now! And have fun! It's really a neat party and you'll get loads of candy and special memories.

dyin tago
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
hello,

wife and I will be at disney in september and wondering if the halloween party on the 22nd would be very busy.
we have no children going with us but read that the fireworks and parade are really good.

would the park be less busy than when they have the extra magic hours when the park stays open 3 hours late?

Guya103
07-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all of the input. We have decided to go on Halloween night. We have never been to any of the holiday party's and are very excited!!:mickey:

joanna71985
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
hello,

wife and I will be at disney in september and wondering if the halloween party on the 22nd would be very busy.
we have no children going with us but read that the fireworks and parade are really good.

would the park be less busy than when they have the extra magic hours when the park stays open 3 hours late?

I think they are (as only people who have bought tickets are allowed to stay in the parks- everyone else has to leave). Plus, there is a limited amount of tickets sold.