PDA

View Full Version : Does someone over 18 need to be on ADR?

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Strange question..I know..but my two teens will be with my 9 yo while we do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. They will be in the same park as us. We have lunch with our tour. The kids asked today if I could make them a lunch ADR at Crystal Palace...I wondered about that..does an adult need to be with them at the restaurant? I wouldn't think sooo..but....

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
I seriously doubt it- as long as they can pay.

Your girls are old enough looking to pull it off.

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Strange question..I know..but my two teens will be with my 9 yo while we do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. They will be in the same park as us. We have lunch with our tour. The kids asked today if I could make them a lunch ADR at Crystal Palace...I wondered about that..does an adult need to be with them at the restaurant? I wouldn't think sooo..but....

That is a very good question, Not sure if I have ever heard of this problem before.
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, But now I am curious to know also.

SBETigg
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
No, they should be fine. My kids ate without us at 14 and 16, and it all worked out without a problem. They knew how to pay and tip, and all went well.

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks! I called Disney and they confirmed the same..no problem...except...no ADR for Crystal Palace available during lunch hours...Boooo....they will do the Plaza instead.

mouseketeer mom
07-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Checked this morning again, and Crystal Palace is available for the kids!! They got an ADR for a noon lunch!

SBETigg
07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Checked this morning again, and Crystal Palace is available for the kids!! They got an ADR for a noon lunch!

Ah, magical! I'm sure they were very pleased. :)

greengeen
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
My kids never go anywhere without Mom and Dad when we are at WDW. That's just me. But based on my observations I wish more parents followed the same rule.

alicia524luvstw
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
What rule?

SBETigg
07-29-2009, 09:01 PM
My kids never go anywhere without Mom and Dad when we are at WDW. That's just me. But based on my observations I wish more parents followed the same rule.

I think the key is to know your own kids and act responsibly. Some kids do need more supervision than others. I applaud you for recognizing that yours may need the extra supervision and sticking with them.

I LoveJack
07-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe my DD is related to yours.:D I know what kind of things she can try to get into because there wasn't much her mother didn't try back then. LOL

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2009, 07:47 AM
1) Our kids, and now grandkids, go off on their own at WDW.
2) They have been doing this since 12-years-old.
3) Obviously fast food is not problem.
4) But, they also get into TS meals on their own without a problem.
5) If questioned, they just say, "we behave and have our own money".
6) They have never been refused admittance to a TS meal.

mainemajor
08-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Fantastic! The key is knowing your children and their level of maturity and trusting them. I'm sure they will have a great time and make you proud with their behavior.

One of the great things about having children is our ability to teach them so much. Teaching them how to behave in restaurants and out in public in general is something that should be done starting when they are young. Learned behavior is so important. Children look to their parents and how they act for their cues. Talking/teaching them about ordering, paying and the importance of tipping are so important. This is not something they wake up one day knowing how to do.

mom2morgan
08-02-2009, 06:12 PM
depends how old your "kids" are, and how responsible and well-behaved. I completely trust my 16 year old daughter to comport herself appropriately and in an adult manner. At the same age, I probably would not have let my son out of my line of sight! ;-)

KAT1811
08-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Looks like I am a bit late but I recall going to WDW with my highschool and a few of us dined at the Concourse Steakhouse with no trouble at all. I'm sure you're kids will have a wonderful time.

I've seen some adults that still require supervision! ;) Depends on the child. . . to each his own.