PDA

View Full Version : Free admission on bday

Septbride2002
07-28-2009, 03:58 PM
The day of my birthday is also the day of the MNSSHP that we are planning to attend. Since I've already paid for those tickets - are there any other options besides the "free admission" for when you go on your bday? And can you set it up in advance or do you have to do it once there (w/proof of id) and can you do it at the resort or only at Guest Services in the park?

TIA!
~Amanda

eeyore27
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Amanda

I actually did this in March for my birthday. You can choose to receive a birthday gift card. The card is worth $75 for adults and can be used at a number of the shops. The only exclusion I can remember was you cound not use it for food and drinks. I used mine in DTD at the christmas store and purchased a number of ornaments. You can pre-register for the card on the Disney website and it provides you with a cretificate to print. You just go to the Will Call booth in front of any of the parks with the certificate and your ID showing your birthdate and you get the card.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday in Disney.

disneymom15
07-28-2009, 04:33 PM
You can opt for the gift card. Its worth $75 and is good for 1 year. The other option is for birthday fast passes. I think the gift card is the way to go. You can not do this in advance, must check in at customer service at the park.

hbell
07-28-2009, 04:41 PM
My daughter had her birthday at Disney over July 4th and we had already purchased our tickets too. We went the route of the Birthday Fast Passes and I wished we had used the gift card option. You can use the fastpass 6 times (choosing 3 ride options from 2 groups on a list). The cast member didn't tell us this until we had already chosen this option. The problem was that most of the rides we chose didn't have lines anyway and we felt like we wasted the "special birthday gift" from Disney. You can still get Fastpasses with your regular ticket too, so I guess that increases the number of passes, but we were not happy with our choice. Go with the gift card.

Septbride2002
07-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm bummed you can't use it for food. Guess we'll just use it for Christmas gifts and stuff.

~Amanda

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
we are going to do the gift card. Any little bit of savings helps, and if we can use it for merchandise that I know we will buy, even better

NotaGeek
07-28-2009, 05:53 PM
The day of my birthday is also the day of the MNSSHP that we are planning to attend. Since I've already paid for those tickets - are there any other options besides the "free admission" for when you go on your bday? And can you set it up in advance or do you have to do it once there (w/proof of id) and can you do it at the resort or only at Guest Services in the park?

TIA!
~Amanda
Hey there ... here's the info directly from the Disney Celebration Website (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=FreeOnYourBirthdayPage):

Q: When can I register online?

A: You can register now through December 31, 2009.

Q: I purchased a valid Passholder Pass or a Multi-Day Ticket that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009. Is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message, your proper valid ID, and your Passholder Pass or Multi-Day Ticket that you will use for admission on your birthday. You can choose one of the following:

Disney's Special Birthday FASTPASS® Cards+. Save time waiting in line and get immediate entrance to the FASTPASS® return lines of 6 select FASTPASS® attractions at the theme park you visit that day. No need to return later in the day to ride. Plus, when you select this option, you can also receive cards for up to 5 additional members of your party+.
A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use for certain purchases including select merchandise, recreation or tour experiences, or for Disney's PhotoPass® on-site services at participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort; or
A 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.

djlebc1
07-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Does anyone know what time the will call closes for the birthday "gift" check in. The MK will be open until midnight the day of my DD 14th b-day. My dilemea is that our plane does not arrive until 9 pm so there is no way we would get to the park before 11 pm. I don't even know if it is worth the effort to get her the $75 gift card.
thanks

jonahbear2006
07-28-2009, 10:33 PM
and just so you know, you should never plan to attend a park on a magic your way card, on the day you go to a hard ticket event. You can get into the park at 4pm with that ticket, so using a park ticket would be a waste of money since you already get 4pm-midnight on the hard ticket.

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
... I don't even know if it is worth the effort to get her the $75 gift card.
thanks

$75 is $75 so . . .

If you have the extra day on your pass (with the very minimal price increase for additional days you may).

DigitalDaredevil
07-30-2009, 01:20 AM
I do not know if this has been mentioned before, but here goes:
I went to DL on my birthday and received my free park ticket. As I attempted to buy another ticket for my girlfriend, they made us go to another register. They stated that there was some California law that I had to buy the ticket at another booth for some reason. Do they do this at WDW, and does anyone know the reason?