PDA

View Full Version : Okay, why Poly???

KAT1811
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Time and time again whenever the question arises about which deluxe resort :goodbad: everyone likes the best, the Polynesian :tikki: always wins out, hands down :notworth: . I would love to hear why everyone loves :hug: the Poly. We are staying there for the first time this year :yay: , for one night at the end of our vacation. We are planning :geek: on returning somewhere around March and if we like it the Poly may be our home for the week :vacation:. Thank you :thanks: in advance for your answers!

Lakin
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
I haven't stayed there, but this is what I've heard.

*Monorail Resort (yay)
*It's upscale, but it's not so upscale that you feel unimportant like the GF
*Homely
*Oh yea, and I hear Ohana's is excellent

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
While I love Poly, its actually number 2 for us behind Beach Club. With that out of the way, we love Poly because its easy to get to MK with the monorail service. The resort is beautifully themed and you feel like you are in Hawaii while you stay there. Ohana's and Kona Cafe are fantastic restruants, and if you are lucky enough to get a water/mk view, you can watch the water pagent and wishes from the resort

mousetrapper
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
To me, the Poly just has that special Disney quality that reminds me of everything Disney when I was growing up (60s - 70s). The classic "Wonderful World of Disney" ambience, the monorail, the gorgeous landscaping and music...they all transport me to my childhood and the wonderful memories of Disney...

Tough to explain but I tried!

:cloud9:

TKDONALD
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Poly has been my favorite for years!!!!! Probably a lot has to do with it being the first resort i ever stayed at. Also the monorail runs by. Plus Ohana and it is very relaxing. It totally takes you away from everyday life. I havent stayed there in years but visit it ever time im in the the WORLD.

It will always be my favorite

jason

Aggie97
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
The Polynesian is our favorite overall resort. For us, it has loads of Disney magic. We just love the lush landscaping, tropical atmosphere, romantic beach, fun restaurants, generous room size, and unbeatable location. It's great that the monorail provides easy access to fantastic dining and shopping at the GF and CR. And it's wonderful to be able to walk to and from the TTC for the Epcot monorail. Have a great time! :mickey:

sisterslovindisney
07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Why I Love the Poly:

1. The overall themeing.
2. Watching wishes and ELP from the beach.
3. The Volcano Pool
4. Hearing Aloha every night.
5. Ohana
6. The large rooms.
7. The monorail

jillluvsdisney
07-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Large rooms
Queen sized beds
Day beds
Large Bathrooms
2 good restaurants and Counter service food
Zero depth entry pool
Quiet pool with a real deep end
Beach to watch fireworks and Wishes from
Monorail and ferry for MK and Epcot
Monorail access to other resorts/restaurants
Peacful/lush surroundings

SBETigg
07-28-2009, 06:33 PM
The GF is my favorite, but I love the Poly, too. It feels remote and exotic, which makes it very relaxing. You're so close to the park, and there's the monorail, but at the same time, you feel like you're a world away. You can leave the bustle of the parks behind and unwind, while still being in sight of the castle and fireworks. I think it's that combination of things that makes it a winner with most guests.

At my beloved GF, I feel pampered and close to the parks, but it doesn't have that remote feel like the Poly does. My kids prefer the Polynesian.

DisneyorBust
07-28-2009, 06:59 PM
We have many reasons to love the POLY:tikki:.
-Does not have that "hotel" feel to it. Appeals to me as a resort.
-Ambience, your immersed in a tropical paradise.
-Outstanding landscaping
-Fantastic CM's!
-IMHO, the best transportation options available, Monorail to both MK and Epcot, ferry's and bus service.
-Polynesian background music
-WISHES! from the beach
-Tikki torches lining the pathways at night

baldburke
07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Woohoo! Under 40 days and counting. We've been to Poly a few times for the Ohana breakfast but can't wait to experience the whole resort.

SurferStitch
07-28-2009, 09:58 PM
We stayed there for the first time in December of 2007, and were very pleasantly surprised. We are Grand Flo junkies, but wanted to give Poly a shot.

We really loved the room, and it's close proximity to the Flo. We made many walks back and forth during our stay. The grounds are beautiful, and I loved hearing the Hawaiian music in the GCH as we passed through.

We loved watching the fireworks from the beach, too!

We are staying at the Poly again this December, and are trying a lagoon view this time (had garden view last time). The Grand Flo is still our favorite, but the Poly is also wonderful. Our love of Lilo and Stitch make it extra special to us, too.

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I just booked our night at the Poly!!! I guess we'll get to see first hand what all the fuss is about! I have to admit I am really excited!!! :cloud9:

Anything special we should look to do when we are there? At the tail end of the vacation we'll be looking to relax a bit more. DH doesn't want to leave the resort so we'll see. Not sure how he plans to pull that one off with 4 kids and the MK in plain sight! LOL!

sdewan
07-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Does anyone besides me miss the Tangaroa Terrace?

Belster
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Our reasons that Poly is a fav of ours...

1.Monorail
2.I feel like it is 2 vacations in one...tropical and Disney...win, win!!!
3.Love the 24 hour snack bar
4. Rooms are VERY large
5.Very comfortable
6.Ambiance is amazing!!!
7. O'Hana and Kona need I say more???
8. Beautiful

Aggie97
07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
3.Love the 24 hour snack bar

This is another huge plus for us -- it's great that Captain Cook's is open 24 hours, at least for drinks and snacks. We tend to stay out late, and it's nice to be able to pick up a snack or refill our mugs at any time of night! :thumbsup:

mickeefan
07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
There is not much to add to what everyone else has said. We love it there and will be back in just 59 days.
We stayed there for the first time in 2002 and were immediately hooked. The transportation options can not be equaled.
Kona and Ohana are two of our favorite places to eat and we try to get down to the beach every evening to watch the ELP and fireworks.
My guess is after one night you will be back again.

Mom2princesses
07-29-2009, 10:23 PM
I just booked our night at the Poly!!! I guess we'll get to see first hand what all the fuss is about! I have to admit I am really excited!!! :cloud9:

Anything special we should look to do when we are there? At the tail end of the vacation we'll be looking to relax a bit more. DH doesn't want to leave the resort so we'll see. Not sure how he plans to pull that one off with 4 kids and the MK in plain sight! LOL!

Yay for you! We are hooked on the Poly too. If you guys get a day to relax you can enjoy the great pools. The Volcano pool has a fun slide and zero entry which is great for the llittle ones! Make sure you go to the pool bar and get a nice tropical drink or two!

Have fun!

disneyboundagain
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
The Poly is by far the nicest resort, at least amonst the resorts we have stayed. However, CR is still #1 to us. Just can't beat the luxury of walking to the MK:number1:

johnO
07-30-2009, 03:32 AM
Never stayed at the Polynesian but it is my favorite resort. It's original WDW, the theming, the beach, proximity to MK, monorail, Ohana.

Maybe we'll be able to afford it one day but for now the values make WDW trips more accessable.

Lisa417
07-30-2009, 10:08 AM
There is something about the feel/smell of the place. LOL... really maybeit's all the beautiful plants and water.

It's the music under the water in the pool, and through out the resort, the lighting of the walk way lights each night.. There are just so many things that make it so homey and delightful!! I wish I could stay there every trip!

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Does anyone besides me miss the Tangaroa Terrace?DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO

KAT1811
07-31-2009, 10:25 AM
It's the music under the water in the pool,

Really? I never go under (very rarely get my hair wet :blush:) but it looks like I'll have to. ;)