PDA

View Full Version : 2009 The Good, the Bad & the Magical -#11

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Day 11
I hate the last day of any trip, but especially the last day of a Disney trip.
I packed up the car first thing in the AM. Just to make sure we could do what we wanted until we decided to leave.
Since we were driving, we didn’t have to go on MagEx , so we could take our time. We went for breakfast at Flying fish at 7:30 ( we were the first set of customers on the first official day they served breakfast….trivia question) They had now officially taken over Spoodles’ breakfast.
The breakfast was pretty good, similar to Spoodles breakfast. They were not too organized, but I guess that comes in time.
Back at the BC
We noticed Art the greeter was back !!! so it was good to see him. http://www.bryangalloway.com/P1010dw074.JPG
We took one last dip in the pool- savoring every moment.
Then we had some snack credits left so we got some stuff for the ride. The girls did some last minute pin trading and we hopped in our car around 1pm. I could just tell that my family was collectively sad,
Yes, we missed our home and our pets, but this has become our 2nd home.
We drove straight through to NC, stopped in a Waffle house for Dinner and stayed in a Fairfield Suits in red Hill that was very very nice.
The next morning we got up very early and went to the hotel breakfast buffet. As we sat down, the twins waved to some family . One of their classmates was in the same hotel , going to Disney. That was pretty amazing.
We drove throughout the day and arrived home that night. We got our suitcases in and I went to pick up our dog from my sister’s house. Our puppy was so happy to see us !!! http://www.bryangalloway.com/P1000B861.JPG
Other topics
My wife and I split the ride home, she does prefer to drive, I have no issue with that. There was no traffic except a little just before Delaware.
We didn’t see our hotel neighbors or any Jon/Kate hairdos on the way home BUT My wife did get 2 two speeding tickets, one in FL and another in Virginia. Her first in over 20+ years. While I was mad about the money, I had to laugh….She was very quiet most of the ride home.
( i will also do a recap of our ratings and how much we saved or didnt save by driving vs. flying)

DizNee143
07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
nice last few hours in disney!
sounds like a nice ride back home!!
and omg your doggie is soo cute!:mickey:

faline
07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry about the speeding tickets! At least you all arrived home safely!

yjgirl32
07-28-2009, 04:25 PM
The puppy is so cute! I have enjoyed your reports so much. Very comical- hope we get just as lucky or maybe we'll be the "butt" of others joke- either way someone is laughing. Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I enjoyed all of your reports!! Looks and sounds like your whole family had a great time!:mickey:

diz_girl
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the updates! I'm glad that you had a great vacation.

missymouseworld
07-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Enjoyed reading your trip reports.....one thing caught my eye....we are both from the same town in NJ. We drive everytime we go to Disney and it definitely saves $$. My husband did a mileage analysis and gas log and we also used our hotel points to get free hotels on the way down and back.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Really? where do you live?

We live off 35 in between Bordentown and Ernston Rd.

Our twins go are going into 5th grade

missymouseworld
07-28-2009, 05:18 PM
We live off lower Main Street....your twins must be at the UES...my kids are in Truman, Middle School and High School.

T-Belle
07-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I hate to see your posts come to an end. I've really enjoyed reading about your magical vacation with your beautiful family.

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes they go to UES-
Itsa "small world" isnt it ( corny too)

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Good job Donna on those speeding tickets!!! hahahahaha! I HATE that last day of vacation too. Soooooo much.
Love that puppy though. Love it!!!!
Looking forward to the recap!

marylouwho
07-29-2009, 11:53 AM
I really enjoyed your trip reports, Bryan. Excellent job!!

sorry about those speeding tickets, Donna. But she got you home in 2 days!!!

amazing to see another family from school on the way home. same thing happened to us in Disney one year, we met a family from our neighborhood... nice 'small world' feeling.

Hello to Bailey.... such a cutie!!!

princessgirls
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Two tickets... ouch. No wonder your wife was quiet on the way home.

Thanks for all of the wonderful reports.

I have enjoyed reading them.

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
08-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the report.

Mousefever
08-10-2009, 01:26 PM
I had a great time reading your reports this morning! Lots of great times and funny stories. I don't always read a lot of trip reports, but yours were a treat!

Amy

pdrlkr
08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: