PDA

View Full Version : 2009 The Good, the Bad & the Magical -#10

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Day 10 – Our last full day :(
Today was a Pool day on our schedule, but everyone seemed to want to hit Epcot later in the day for one more run around the lake. I was surprised, but happy because I could go every day..Normally my family is very pool happy , lol
I went to the concierge to see if we could switch our dinner at Whispering Canyon- I figured it would be tough to trek to WL and back. It was easy to switch and we got an early dinner reservation.
In the AM we went to the Beach club Pool, which as I have reported is wonderful, For lunch we went to Spoodles Pizza . As far as Pizza at WDW, I have found that there really isn’t any spectacular pizza, but Spoodles is pretty decent. http://www.bryangalloway.com/Spoodles11.JPG It’s my favorite on site. But again, it’s not like NJ/NY pizza but it’s better than Hurricane Hannah’s. i have grown to really dislike that place, slow lines, and definitely the training ground for new CMs because they all seem to not know what is on the menu...
After that we went to the Boardwalk and went in their pool for a while, their waterslide is VERY good, not as elaborate or as high as the BC but actually faster.
We then went back to our room, stopping by the small quiet pool near the lake ( just to say we tried it out) and then dried off.
The twins and I rented bikes and drove around the lake and went down the path towards DHS.
Then we got back and met my wife for dinner. ( we originally had Whispering Canyon, but switched to Spoodles because it was the last night they were serving normal meals before their temporary buffet status. ) http://www.bryangalloway.com/Spoodles7.JPG
We were back in Spoodles for our last meal there, We again had tremendous service and a great meal. Spoodles never does us wrong.
http://www.bryangalloway.com/Spoodles5.JPG
The CM told us a lot about the new format and how the Kat Kora restaurant will be . She also told us they most of the staff was kept out of the loop but they all were looking forward to working at the new version. This waitress was a long time Spoodles waitress so she was sad to see it go.
I was asking her about the new Sangria flasks, and she told us that on the day before the announcement, all the cool Spoodles ceramic sangria flasks were gathered up by management and replaced with some glass ones. Then the next day when the announcement was made, they figured they were taken so no employees or customers would take them as souvenirs.
The CM also told us that she would be working in the new restaurant, but would be taking some time off as the new one was being renovated.
After leaving , and knowing it was our last time there, we sauntered over to Epcot.
We had no agenda, no real need to see or do anything, so we just decided to wander. Taylor did have one request to stop by the Mitsukoshi Department Store so she could buy something she wanted.
We started by going towards France , we walked around, the kids got their passport stamped and we got a Crepe. Mackenzie LOVED the chocolate crepe…I was surprised because she doesn’t like to try things.
We went over to the Mitsukoshi Department Store, the girls bought more hello kitty and Pokémon stuff, and we kept going, got to Norway, rode Maelstrom again ( and watched the video this time) got another School bread to share .http://www.bryangalloway.com/schoolbread.JPG While we were eating it, someone gave us 4 FP for TT. They were leaving and couldn’t use them.
So then we headed to future world. I have always said that the FP return line at TT is the “Slow pass Line”
We actually waited 35 minutes in the FP return and I saw people on walk up get in around the same time. I have never been able to understand it. We then went back to Mission Space to play the videos again, and as we were about to get ready to get a good spot to see Illuminations, we noticed a 5 (five) minute wait for Soarin.
How could this be true? Well we went in and got on in about 8 minutes..What a bonus.
Next, We then went to Mouse gears and BEHOLD!! We found our stickers they had every one so we now had 2 complete sets..
We got to see Illuminations, then grabbed a Fish and Chips to split ( I must say that the Fish and Chips in the UK are a real treat. ) and walked back to our room, sad because it was our last day in the parks 
The walk to the Beach Club which is usually short and nice, especially with all the background music. Seemed to take forever, all 4 of us were sad to go.
Other topics:
Jon/Kate – added 3 more to our count, one was directly in front of me in line all getting a crepe. I am 6 foot 3 and she was very tall. But I got to see the design very close. I just don’t get it. But I guess I am not too up on fashion. 10 days and a total 0f 16. So the average of 1.6 a day is pretty impressive.

DizNee143
07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
sounds like a great last full day at disney!! :mickey:

faline
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I've been enjoying your reports so am sorry to know they are ending! Guess you'll just have to go back again soon to supply us with some more reports!

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I like all the snacks you guys get. I love to snack my way around WDW.
5 mins for Soarin'??? What??? How did you do that???
Great reports Bryan, I don't want them to end..I'm gonna be looking for those Kate hairdos in WDW starting this week!!

marylouwho
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
sounds like you had a magical last full day...
8 minutes for Soarin' ...nice

I'm loving all of the snacking too. We use our snack credits for breakfast (bagel/danish), which I'm thinking is not such a great deal... we're missing out on a lot of great snacks. that school bread looks amazing!

princessgirls
07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
8 minutes for soarin' is Magical!

I enjoyed all of your reports.

Fellow NJ resident!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
08-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: