PDA

View Full Version : options for those who have medical needs

kwhitt3202
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM
My son was diagnosed with a rare disorder and in that disorder he get a rare type of seizure. When we were at WDW last year he had a couple after standing in long lines. These seisures are not your typical grandmal he does not convulse. He inturnes gets vilint. He will bit, hit , and kick himself and anyone around him. He will also throw things and bang his head. We didnt know what theses were til his neurologist told us theses are seisures.
My question is what can disney do to help. I know disney does some special passes. What are they? Where can I get one? Also what do I need to get help ie doctors notes etc.?

jenny1976
07-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Disney is WONDERFUL with reasonable accomodation! Do NOT worry...Just go to your doctor a few days before th trip and have him write you an note on what his condition is and what his limitations are as far as standing in long lines and such, also have him write that he would appreciate he be given all accomodation possible. Take this note to Guest Relations in the first park you visit and ask for a Guest Assistance Pass. They will ask you to give them the dates of your trip and voila!!! You get to bypass long lines and make fastpass ones or none at all. Be aware that only 4 people in your party can take advantage of this pass. As far as other accomodations he may need, keep your doctor's note on hand and don't be affraid to ask. Disney is a great place for someone with a disability to be able to enjoy as anyone else.
Hope this helps! Have a GREAT trip!!!!:blush:

joanna71985
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Actually, GR is not allowed to look at any notes.

kwhitt3202
07-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Thank you. Our party is only 3 people so I didnt that our size would be an issue. If GR cant look at any note how can they help? or know that what we say is true and the best way to help us? I am new at this part of disney food allergies no problem this type of concern I am at a loss.