PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding PLEASE

pinktweety
07-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Wendy at MJ (wonderful BTW) has sent me 2 options and I am having a hard time deciding. Option 1 is changing my ressie in Dec from POFQ to CBR and having a discount of about $400 or Option 2 is keeping POFQ with no discount and getting free dining. Getting the free dining seems hard due to getting or not getting ADRs and it seems that it may not be a great deal as it will only be me and DH. We will be in DW from 12/1-12/11 so I really need some advice. All is welcome.

Lakin
07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
If I were you, I'd just change to CBR. It sounds like a lot less of a hassle.

Disney Doll
07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I take the room discount, but that's just me. I've never been a big fan of the dining plan. Look at some sample menus and try to guesstimate how much you might spend on food. Then, you can decide which would be the better value for you.

vicster
07-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Free dining! My DH and I saved about $600.00 for 7 days.

TKDONALD
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I like CBR but im not a big fan of the busses there. I wouls stay at POFQ. Also BOb the piano guy is there.

jason

potzie
07-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Wendy at MJ (wonderful BTW) has sent me 2 options and I am having a hard time deciding. Option 1 is changing my ressie in Dec from POFQ to CBR and having a discount of about $400 or Option 2 is keeping POFQ with no discount and getting free dining. Getting the free dining seems hard due to getting or not getting ADRs and it seems that it may not be a great deal as it will only be me and DH. We will be in DW from 12/1-12/11 so I really need some advice. All is welcome.

The reservation window hasn't opened yet so I would go with the free dining and stay where you are. If you make a bit of an effort the day the reservations open and it's just the 2 of you, you should be able to get what you want and the free dining for 10 days for 2 adults is worth way more than $400. I don't think you could eat counter services only for that cheap and have you tried the WDW counter service burger :ack::ack::ack:

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Cheers,

Brian

momofdisneyprincess
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
I vote for the room discount at CBR. If you do not tend to eat at least 1 TS meal a day I do not think the dining plan is worth it. You may be able to eat for less than $400 if it is just you and hubby and you eat at CS. Plus, I don't like needing to know where I need to be every night. My family is staying in DVC next May and we will get the QSDP and just pay for a couple of TS out of pocket. Isn't it nice to have these "tough" choices though?:mickey:

Ms. Mode
07-28-2009, 02:30 PM
DH and I have calculated the savings with the dining plan and it comes out to what you would normally spend anyway....go with the room savings

diz_girl
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd also go for the free dining. Like Brian wrote, the free dining will be worth a lot more than $400 savings from changing resorts. Yes, many of the restaurants will be packed, but you should be able to find some good resturants where you can use your TS credits. There are some hidden gems both in the resorts (GF Cafe, for one) and in the parks (I really liked Marrakesh) that may not be as packed as the popular restaurants. You can also have a signature meal or two when you might not have done so if OOP.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't think the ADR's are much of a hassle at all, but I would go with the CBR because I MUCH prefer it to POR.

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Go with the Free Dining!! :eat:

Dsnygirl
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
:vacation: I would go w/ the discount at CBR, but then, it is our favorite moderate, too. But as well, we've done the DDP and found it to be too much food -- we felt like we had to hit all our meals so as not to "waste" the plan, and spent a lot of time eating, or travelling to our various ADR's.

We had a similar choice this fall -- do an AP discount on our rooms, or a Visa free dining discount.

We opted for the AP room discount, b/c when we sat down and looked at the menus of where we'd like to eat, we realized that we can control the costs of our food and keep our costs down w/o the "free dining" discount, and combining keeping our own costs down with our room discount gives us a higher discount than the free dining alone could have ever given us!

Good luck -- I'm sure you'll love either resort.

SBETigg
07-28-2009, 08:53 PM
I would take the dining and POFQ, but it depends on how you feel about CBR and how you feel about the dining plan.

green ranger
07-28-2009, 09:17 PM
We are not big fans of CBR, but we are big fans of the FREE dining plan. If you take the time to call at your 90 day mark, you will not have a hassle with reservations. We booked our current trip 45 days before arrival, and got ADRs in all the restaurants we wanted. We had to be flexible with some of our times, but we got them! We have eaten at restaurants because of the dining plan that we would never have been able to eat at because of the prices. Without hesitation, I would vote for the dining plan. Good luck with your decision.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I vote for POFQ and free dining. We've eaten at some of the best restaurants that we normally wouldn't have ever gone to. But we've been to WDW quite a few times so it was worth it to go to the restaurants and miss that extra ride on something.

pinktweety
07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all your responses. I think we are going to try the free dining. We have never done the dining plan and this will allow us a chance to eat at some of the nicer restaurants. I really appreciate all your input.

120 days til we are in the :magic:

BPATSMouse
08-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Good choice. You don't know until you try it.:mickey:

momof3+twins
08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I'd take the free dining!!:mickey: