PDA

View Full Version : Were you at Theme Parks recently or currently?

JoDisney
07-28-2009, 10:23 AM
How are the lines at the rides? Are the parks really crowded? I know it is hot during the day! What is your take?

kakn7294
07-28-2009, 11:16 AM
We were there last week. It was hot and crowded but we were able to get a lot accomplished despite all that. We waited in several FastPass return lines that were 30 min long - however, the stand-by lines were 75+ min long. As we roll on through August, the crowds should begin to thin out a little each week.

EmmMOM2
07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
We are not going for a few more weeks...

BUT my sister just got back today. She was in Disney on Friday and she said animal kingdom wasn't too busy but Magic Kingdom WAS.

The sign for Thunder mountain Railroad said "40 minutes" so they waited...Apparently there was some mechanical problem and they ended up waiting in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes...OUCH.
They got fastpasses for most everything else.

Though in AK they walked onto the Safari ride a few times.

Good luck.

jaredkari
07-28-2009, 12:06 PM
We are going next week and prepared for hot temperatures and massive crowds. We went a couple of years ago in August (during free dining) and it was hot and crowded. This is a last minute trip to celebrate a new job so I am going to have fun no matter what the temp or the wait times. I am just excited to go to WDW!!!!:mickey:

tink'72
07-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Just got back. We usually go every summer so I don't think it was any different than years past. The lines are long. Soarin' at one point was 170 minutes and Test Track was 130 minutes. I would definatly go with the FastPasses.

What we did is we really utilized EMH. We would sleep in enjoy the pool and the hotel ameniteis for the day and then hit the parks at night. That seemed to work for us and this way we got to really enjoy the resort we were staying at.

Have a great time!

murphy1
07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I was just there last week, the biggest crowds were the Brazilian tour groups, it is their winter break now. I thought the crowds were not as much as past Summers, we were walking on many rides, do the EMH in AM when you can. I think your peak times are going to be right after lunch and through the evening.

twinboyz
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Great Post! We're headed there in a few weeks..Can't wait!

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Key point is in a few weeks when we go, it should be a lot lighter crowds, still hot, but lighter crowds. Towards the end of Aug attendance really drops because of school starting

KatrinaJ91
07-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Just got back. We usually go every summer so I don't think it was any different than years past. The lines are long. Soarin' at one point was 170 minutes and Test Track was 130 minutes. I would definatly go with the FastPasses.

What we did is we really utilized EMH. We would sleep in enjoy the pool and the hotel ameniteis for the day and then hit the parks at night. That seemed to work for us and this way we got to really enjoy the resort we were staying at.

Have a great time!

This is exactly what we did last week. Slept in, went to the pool, DD or other activities and then went into the parks late in the afternoon. We went to MK on Sunday at 6 pm and stayed for the EMH until 1 am! It was great!! We actually thought the crowds were not bad all week. The longest time we waited was 22 minutes! We utilized the FPs and walked right on to Pirates, Haunted Mansion and several other rides throughout the stay! We did think Animal Kingdom seemed crowded and hot, but the other parks were great!

Live4WDW
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
:mickey: Great post!! Thanks for the info. DW and I are headed there on Aug 21 from TN. Can't wait to get there.:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
We were there last week & during the week very low crowd but lots & lots of tour groups. If you stay away from them you are all set.