PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member Compliments?

GhostHost999
07-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Hey Folks,

Just got back from my latest trip to WDW and had a question for all of you...

If there was a cast member in a shop who really went above and beyond, is there someplace where I can send them a compliment or contact their supervisor to do the same?

AHOTE
07-28-2009, 12:22 AM
You can call guest services at 407-824-4321 or you can write to them this address;

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

I write a letter after every visit, I find it better than an email or phone call and I always get a follow up call from Guest Relations. I believe that great customer service needs to be acknowledged. Guest relations will contact the cast member and their immediate supervisor on your behalf. :thumbsup:

GhostHost999
07-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Wow,

Thanks for the great info.
I'll definitely put this to good use.
:mickey:

Fangorn
07-28-2009, 10:25 AM
You can also send an email to

[email protected]

I've done this on several occasions and have always received a response - usually a phone call from the executive offices thanking me for the comments and assuring me that the praise will be passed on to the CM and their supervisor.

Steve

MushuGrl
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I did this on our last trip (I SO SO SO heart Hector the bus driver - been lucky to be on his bus twice and have yet to arrive not howling with laughter) and about a month after received a voicemail saying they would pass it along to his supervisor.

AHOTE
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Glad to help. :) One other item: I carry a small spiral bound note book and travel pen in my camera bag or backpack to keep track of the castmembers and special things I encounter during my stay. It helps later as I write my letter and it brings back it's own set of memories too.

maxrebo77
07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Wasn't there a pin that you could give a great CM?

Imagineer1981
07-29-2009, 03:27 PM
it really does go back to the CMs too...they get recognized for sure

tink2006
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
We just got back earlier this month. I went on the Disney site and clicked "contact us". I sent an email praising the hotel, mousekeeping etc. I recieved a call within a week assuring me that the praise will be passed on to the CM(s) and their supervisor(s) as well as the hotel manager.

DigitalDaredevil
07-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Every trip I make sure that I pick the best CM and write WDW to share my satisfaction. Usually, I end up with more than one person to compliment. I always get a phone call from a Disney CM shortly after I write.
I spoke to a CM and asked him if he got the kudos he deserved on a later trip. He said that he did and that he appreciated it.
Don't forget the less than glamorous CM positions too. I am always thankful for clean restrooms, water fountains, etc. Those who have the thankless job of keeping those busy restrooms clean deserve more thanks than we give them.

Tinkerbella16
08-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I did this when I got back from my last trip in november 2008. I email Disney about the wonderful experience I had with our tourguide from the Keys to the Kingdom Tour we took during our stay. He was amazing!!! He was so passionate about wdw and his job...it made our tour experience 10x more magical and fun.

Soon after I sent the email, I got a phonecall from wdw offices stating that they appreciate the email and the info will definately be forwarded to the CM that was praised.

I was happy that they do go out of the way and give recognition to the CM. He was truly great and I'll always remember the tour I was given from him!

:mickey:

disneygeek84
08-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Don't forget the less than glamorous CM positions too. I am always thankful for clean restrooms, water fountains, etc. Those who have the thankless job of keeping those busy restrooms clean deserve more thanks than we give them.

I always make sure that I thank them if I see them cleaning, too. It has to be one of the worst jobs ever, but I genuinely appreciate it. I can hardly go into public restrooms because they're so dirty, but I don't mind Disney restrooms! :thumbsup:

JERSEYDISFAN
08-23-2009, 11:24 AM
It never hurts to take a few seconds out of your day to tell someone (especially the CM's) how much you appreciate what they do to make your vacation so enjoyable. Last trip, as we walked through the gardens at the Japan Pavilion I noticed a gardener stooped over pulling weeds and I (having a bad back and knowing how difficult that can be) stopped and told her how much DW and I appreciated all the work that the gardeners do to keep the gardens and walkways so beautiful, especially during the Flower and Garden Festival. Her face lit up and she thanked us for taking the time to stop and talk with her. Too often we take the non-show CMs for granted and overlook them as part of the scenery. If you're having a "magical day" take a few seconds to "pass it forward" and let the people who make the magic know you appreciate them for all they do.

Plus, it's a great way to overcome the acts of the rude people we see written about all over the boards. For every act of rudeness you see, do two acts of kindness and appreciation. It bolsters the CMs spirits and you will quickly forget the frustration of the rude acts.

WedWay Peoplemover
08-25-2009, 10:18 AM
As a cast member, I have been mentioned in 2 post-vacation letters which came with commemorative pins for excellent service..

so if you really want to reward the cast member, write a letter... phone calls or telling the manager are nice.. but usually won't get back to the actual cast member.

It was really nice reading a guest letter and seeing how you helped make their trip enjoyable.

WedWay Peoplemover
08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
p.s... these were both EMAILS... so email works just as well as 'snail mail'

DigitalDaredevil
08-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Good to hear. The CM's that really care and go above and beyond deserve the recognition. Little things like this can really excel a CM's motivation.