PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about My ADR'S...

IamBelle
07-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I am going to WDW from Aug 18 to Sept 1st. I wanted to know what everyone thinks about my ADR's ,some for us are new, so your opinions are greatly appreciated!!

In no Particular order...

Boma
Akershus Breakfast\
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Le Chefs de France
Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
Cape May Cafe
1900 Park Fare Dinner
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Crystal Palace Dinner
Hollywood and Vine
Whispering Canyon
Liberty Tree Tavern
Biergarten

We are also going to T-Rex and the Wishes Dessert Party. (Not on DDP)

I also have a question about the characters in Liberty Tree...I heard awhile ago that the characters were coming back, will they be there when we go??
Thanks,
IamBelle

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2009, 07:37 PM
You have some of our favourites on your list. Sounds very yummy!

There is no date about characters coming back to LTT, so far it is still just speculation :( We really miss them, we had some awesome character interaction at LTT :mickey:

TinksDH
07-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I am going to WDW from Aug 18 to Sept 1st. I wanted to know what everyone thinks about my ADR's ,some for us are new, so your opinions are greatly appreciated!!

In no Particular order...

Boma - Yummy!
Akershus Breakfast\ - Not bad; it's an easier alternative to Cindy's Castle
Chef Mickey Breakfast - Did dinner here, but not breakfast. It's OK.
Le Chefs de France - Yet to eat there. Kids are picky.
Yak and Yeti - Yet to eat there.
Le Cellier - Loved it for dinner a couple of years ago. Didn't like it for lunch last December.
Cape May Cafe - If you like seafood, you'll like it.
1900 Park Fare Dinner - Did a princess dinner here. It was HORRIBLE! Worst meal we ever had in WDW.
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater - Great atmosphere. Food is good.
Crystal Palace Dinner - Never did dinner here. Breakfast is good.
Hollywood and Vine - Can't remember if we've eaten here. DW says we did and we liked it
Whispering Canyon - Great atmosphere, fun time, good food.
Liberty Tree Tavern - We went there for a character meal; not sure I'd go there just to eat. Prefer Garden Grill in EPCOT which is roughly the same style but better food IMHO.
Biergarten - Beer and brats; what more could you want?

We are also going to T-Rex and the Wishes Dessert Party. (Not on DDP) - We have a T-Rex here in Kansas City. It's like a Rainforest Cafe on steroids; food is OK but overpriced for what you get IMHO. And two out of our 3 kids are older and don't get into it much anymore.

I also have a question about the characters in Liberty Tree...I heard awhile ago that the characters were coming back, will they be there when we go??
Thanks,
IamBelle

See my response in your quoted message...

LibertyTreeGal
07-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Looks fine, but I would sub in 50's PTC in it's place. A lot of fun and good food!

Menai2WDW
07-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Some great choices. Like someone said earlier I prefer Garden Grill to Liberty Tree Tavern. Now the characters have gone I am not at all drawn to Liberty Tree Tavern but I know others love it.

With such a good list of dining I am sure there will be some real highlights

NJGIRL
07-28-2009, 10:40 AM
We have been to:

Boma for breakfast and liked it.

SciFi for lunch (every trip) and love it.

Liberty Tree for lunch (every trip) and love it. Menu for lunch is different than dinner.

Crystal Palace for breakfast (2 times)and love it.

Whispering Canyon for dinner (3 times) and liked it.

Chef Mickeys for breakfast (3 times) and liked it the first two times and was just so so the last time (Oct 2008).

Le Cellier for lunch and dinner. It was OK but in my opion is over hyped.

Cape May Cafe for breakfast and loved it.

Hollywood and Vine for dinner (3 times) and loved it.

Mom2princesses
07-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Boma - We went to Boma for dinner for the first time this past June. This is definitely THE best buffet at WDW. My whole party thought the food was a step above the other buffets. Lots of choices for all different types of taste buds. We thought it was great!

Akershus Breakfast been there for dinner was not impressed with the food but I would go back for breakfast to meet the princesses.

Chef Mickey Breakfast - Same as above, went for dinner the food was terrible but the characters were great. I'd go back for breakfast only.

Le Chefs de France Never been heard good reviews about it.

Yak and Yeti - Never been

Le Cellier - Was there for lunch it was good but portions are smaller and less choices. I would go back again but would prefer dinner although I would go back for lunch if that was the only option available.

Cape May Cafe - Never been

1900 Park Fare Dinner - Really enjoyed this meal. The buffet was very good for dinner with good choices. The strawberry soup was so yummy! The characters are awesome too we would definitely go back. Had a great time.

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater - went too long ago for a valid comment

Crystal Palace Dinner went for breakfast it was great. Last time we went for dinner it was so long ago.
Hollywood and Vine - Never been

Whispering Canyon - Never been

Liberty Tree Tavern - Went for dinner when they had the characters we really had a great time. Food is comfort food and it was ok. The character interaction was great. I would not go back w/o characters for dinner. I have heard good things about their lunch though.

Biergarten - Never been there.

Let me know how the Wishes Desert Party goes! They started this after our June trip it sounds really good.

Always remember to take people's opinions with a grain of salt including mine! :D Everyone has their own tastes.

Have a great vacation!

MistressGracey
07-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Woo hoo! Lots of good places on your list!

We loved Boma! Very unique selections at the buffet.

Chef Mickey's-tons of fun and the food was great.

Sci-Fi-everyone busts on the food, but we thought it was just fine and the atmosphere was just the best!

Whispering Canyon was alot of fun, the food was pretty good, and if you've never been inside the Wilderness Lodge, it's worth eating here just to get a look at the resort.