PDA

View Full Version : 2009 The Good, the Bad & the Magical - #1

Mackflava99
07-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Day1 and 2- Driving days-(and first ˝ day at WDW)

Today we began our drive.
Yesterday we dropped our puppy off at my sister’s and packed up the car. Today was actually my twin’s last day of school, so my wife picked them up and then came and got me from work. (I had hitched a ride with a co-worker) since my work is on the way south.
PS. Thanks to Diz_Girl for good driving suggestions.
We drove to Bowie MD- stayed the night and got up early the next day. We then drove to Savannah,
Stayed with Marriott points at the Springdale suites, and went into Savannah for a nice dinner. We actually had a good time touring thru Savannah/
The ride was uneventful, and it wasn’t bad at all- ( i apologize for complaining to my wife when she decided she wanted to drive..) we had a fun time, we did trivia contests and kept our minds off the long drive. My kids didn’t moan, and I give them credit, because I knew I was a pain when my parents drove me (but we didn’t have DVD players or Nintendo DS)
Not many stops, just for food basically and the hotels. We definitely saved money over the flights (factoring in the free hotels) I will get into cost savings later on in the reports.
We arrived at the Beach Club around noon. I noticed "Art- the greater" wasn’t there. They had the guy from the Yacht club as a fill in…
Our room wasn’t ready right away, but it only took them about 35 minutes to get it ready. It was a great room, in the DVC Villa section, 2nd floor in the back, overlooking the canal, and far enough away that the pool noise didn’t bother us. http://www.bryangalloway.com/BC%201.JPG
We then bought our refillable mugs and went to the pool (Stormalong bay) – we swam till around 4pm, then our grocery delivery arrived (from Marge at We Go Shop) we use them every year, they are terrific.
We had Dinner at Cape May – when we got there it was crowded, but as the crowd subsided, it was a lot easier to get food. I found the meal to be better than the previous year; I didn’t really want to come to CM this year but got outvoted. The food was very good; the clams were excellent, as was the chowder. I also had the ribs which were very meaty. – Overall I’d give it a B+ a big upgrade from last year. Also, our waitress- Eileen was terrific and also they had a CM named Josh walking around giving Disney trivia, it was a lot of fun, I got 4 out of 5 correct and won some Disney mardi-gras necklaces for all of us.
After dinner, we went to the Boardwalk and walked around, http://www.bryangalloway.com/boardwalk.JPGchecking out some of the acts, there was a good magician and a juggler. It was a lot of fun. We then rented a 4-person bike and went around the lake. My kids did a little pin trading, the first of many trades that would occur this week..
We got home to our villa and tried to go to bed early- but the kids talked me into a “night swim” so we hopped into the Villa pool for 30 minutes. Then I made sure to charge all my camera and video batteries for the next day…
As a fowarding to the rest of my reports...We did have some very nice but interesting neighbors in the room next to us. They spent most of the night on the balcony drinking. But they were not loud nor rude.

BluewaterBrad
07-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I can tell these are going to be some good reports! I am heading to pt 2!:mickey:

diz_girl
07-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm heading over to part 2 too.

By the way, you're welcome. I'm glad that I could help.

mouseketeer mom
07-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Bryan! I couldn't wait for your reports!! And YEAH! Pictures!!!!!

T-Belle
07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Like the poster above..I love reports with photo's. Off to read #2!!

faline
07-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Off to a good start! Glad it was a good drive!

yjgirl32
07-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Great start to hopefully a wonderful vacation. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
07-28-2009, 09:57 AM
sounds like a pretty good start to your vacation!! off to read more!! :mickey:

marylouwho
07-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Glad to see your trip reports up, Bryan! I'll be reading them tomorrow over breakfast. Sound like your vacation got off to a great start! :thumbsup:

vizsla
07-29-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
07-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Great first day! Glad the drive went smooth from NJ. Yes, 19 hours can be a drag, but it can also be a bit of an adventure.

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

Live4WDW
07-29-2009, 11:55 PM
:mickey: Excellent reporting! I like your style. Thanks. Looking forward to reading the rest of them.:)

Lizzie
08-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Looking forward to hearing the rest of your reports.

pdrlkr
08-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

the other micki
08-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Glad the drive went well and that Cape May was enjoyable this year. Looking forward to reading more!