PDA

View Full Version : How do you 'claim' a spot at the Waterparks?

scooterca42
07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
We've never been before, at least not to a Disney waterpark - I see references to 'claiming' lounge chairs. What's that about?

jray21
07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
For most people it means just laying your towel and your bags on the chairs you want. This way people know that you are using it, and will hopefully leave it alone. It's pretty standard to claim loungers at a waterpark, and a vast majority do it. It's better if someone is always there, as some people will decide they like your spot and will conveniently put all your stuff in a pile on the side, usually in a big water puddle. You also get some people who will take too big of an area, and never use it, or people who use the dining area tables as permanent ones, even though they are not supposed to.

cajunprincess
07-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I also think that putting your things on lounge chairs is standard. I would check back often to makre sure that no one took your things off though. Disney is great about stuff like that though. You almost never run across rude people. :mickey:

piglet,pooh,and goofy2
07-27-2009, 10:51 PM
We just got back on Friday and enjoyed the waterpark and more ticket option! :mickey:Essentially people will place their opened towel, bags, or shoes on the chairs. Some people just place their shoes under the chairs, but I think that is harder to spot as "taken"chair.Chairs/loungers seem to be harder to come by the closer you get to 12noon. If you search, you will eventually find something, but you may have to lug the chair to a desired location.
I must say,I was surprised that most people do not have the little water safes around their necks with their tickets in them. Guess I'm not a trusting soul!
Have a geat time and don't forget sunblock and watershoes/flip flops!---------------Kim
:piglet::pooh::goofy:

TheVBs
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Where do you get those water safes?

wdwnutz
08-04-2009, 10:50 AM
We got ours at the water park.

dancin Disney style
08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Where do you get those water safes?

The WP's and all the resort gift shops have them. They are about $6.

Mousemates
08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I also think that putting your things on lounge chairs is standard. I would check back often to makre sure that no one took your things off though. Disney is great about stuff like that though. You almost never run across rude people. :mickey:

yeah...a towel on the chair is usually all it takes...as for the almost never thought...not so sure about that....but there are far more polite people than rude ones.

phillydan
08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Just a tip - if you arrive later in the morning, you will have to walk to the back areas, since most of the front areas fill up first. We were at Typhoon Lagoon last week and were initially annoyed that there was no where to sit. As luck would have it, we walked towards the back end (near the shark lagoon) and found a great spot with shade. There were still plenty of spots available. We just left our towels and a beach bag to hold the spot. I did notice that there were considerably more chairs available up front after 2:00pm.

For our spot, we were right across the bridge from Typhoon Tilly's, so we had a short walk for drink refills, bathrooms and food (they take the Dining Plan there; Leaning Palms is the other Dining Plan place - all other places are cash/credit card).

scooterca42
08-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Excellent tip! Thanks very much!