PDA

View Full Version : How can I do this?

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
07-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone,
Question. We want to fly into Tampa, rent a car and drive and stay at Siesta Key for a couple days then drive over to Walt Disney World for a couple of days and then fly home from Orlando.

But I don't need the car once I get to Coronado Springs and don't want the expense.

Where can I drop this car off at and take Magical Express back to the airport?

Do I have to drive to the Orlando airport, then drop it off, then some how get to CSR?

I am missing this one piece in my planning.

Thanks,

tinkergal
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I believe if you rent from either Alamo or National, you can return the car to the Car Care Center located outside of the Magic Kingdom. They have a shuttle that will return you to Coronado Springs; I think you have to call in advance to make a reservation for the shuttle. We did this a few years ago & worked out well. Good luck!

LittleRoosMommy
07-27-2009, 12:44 PM
We had a similar scenario last Oct. DH was attending a conference in downtown Orlando for the first part of the trip and obviously needed a car, but once the conference was over, we really didn't need the car.

We rented the car at the airport, but found a return site available at one of the hotels near DTD. DH dropped the car off at the car rental place and walked across the street to DTD. I believe it was at the Doubletree hotel at DTD.

Check the rental car sites, I believe we used Budget last year. Several car rental companies have returns near disney.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!
GO STEELERS!!

LittleRoosMommy
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Just looked at the Budget Rental website and they do have a drop-off location at the Doubletree at WDW.

Hope this helps!

sassafras
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
If you rent from Enterprise, I think their drop off is the Hilton by Downtown Disney, which would be fairly close. I know we dropped our car (which I think was Enterprise) at the Hilton and walked back to DD and caught a bus back to the Wilderness Lodge the last time we rented a car.

steamboat willy
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I am missing this one piece in my planning.

Thanks,

Looks like your Intercotees have found your missing piece. Aren't THEY great! :thumbsup:

Fangorn
07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Just make sure that you call DME and schedule your trip to MCO. Going just one way won't be a problem at all, but you do need to make that reservation with them.

Steve