PDA

View Full Version : 10 must see's

jwildflower1981
07-27-2009, 09:54 AM
My boss just called me from Disney . He is taking his 18 year old daughter and 2 of her friends on a FL vacation for her grad gift. He
wasn't going to do Disney (crazy I know) but has decided to do 1 day. He's getting the park hopper and was wondering if I could get him a list of about 8-10 must see's. Any suggestions before I call him tonight., They will be going all day tomorow.

tmosier
07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
What a fun time he'll have with his daughter and her friends! :)

One day must-dos:
DHS-- Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster

AK-- Expedition Everest, maybe Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids

Epcot-- Soarin, maybe Mission Space green

MK-- Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, the tea cups

afowl1017
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Good news...It always bothers me a little when people take a trip and don't do something at Disney....I don't know why it just does (Guess cause I could never do that, lol!). Here are my top 10 plus a couple more just in case!

MK: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Small World!

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, and Test Track

DS: Rock-n-Roller coaster, and Hollywood Tower of Terror

and if there is time....

AK: Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Kilamanjaro Safari

dml
07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi fellow Louisianaian!
My Top 10 would be:

MK: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Philharmagic

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Soarin'

Studios: Rock n' Rollercoaster, TOT, Toy Story Mania

AK: Everest, Dinosaur

:mickey::mickey:

azcavalier
07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Did you tell him that there's no point in a Top ten list, as there's no way he'll be able to get to ten things in four different parks in a day?

In any case:

MK - Pirates, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion

AK - EE, Kilamanjaro Safari

DS - Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster (and if he can squeeze it in, Toy Story Mania)

Epcot - Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth (in case TSM @ DS isn't possible)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I would caution him about trying to fit too much in. It just isn't fun if all you're doing is running from place to place all day.

If they have never been to Disney, I would recommend they spend the day in MK. There is enough to do there for a first-time visitor.

If they have been before, or feel that MK isn't "enough" I would split the day between MK and Epcot.

MK = Splash, Big Thunder, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and Philharmagic.

Epcot = Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space (green). There are so many great places for food in Epcot, I would (if they have time) grab something in World Showcase.

jwildflower1981
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
They have been to Disney before. Actually they were there earlier this year. I guess my question should have been what are some of your favorite "special" things to do. Little things like looking under the mat for the key at Muppets & trying on a diffrent hat at each country....etc. I'm just curious to see everyone's differnt replys to there something special.
Thanks.

elmjimmlm
07-27-2009, 11:26 AM
A must do IMO is Mickeys Philharmagic in MK...Also Bugs Life and the Lion KIng...:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Well,for an 18yr old and her friends, I'd suggest this

AK first cause it closes the earliest then follow the order DHS, Epcot, MK last

AK: Dinosaur, EE, and maybe Kali River Rapids if they want to get wet

DHS: ToT and RnR

Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin (maybe if FP is an option)

MK: Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash

Thats 11, and pretty good I think for the age group

epceddie
07-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Here's my list:

MK- POC, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear.

Epcot - Soarin', Test Track, Finding Nemo, Ellen's Universe of Energy.

AK - Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris.

DHS - Tower of Terror.

Jeffybob
07-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Agreeing with a previous poster that there is no sense in trying to hit all parks in one day.

They need to think about pairing up the parks and only visiting two (2) parks at best. Also, the operating times need to be considered.

Cannot add to the "must do's" previously stated; these are all great attractions. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-28-2009, 11:08 AM
So What Are They Doing? Today Is The Day?

jwildflower1981
07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with the boss and he told me they decided to not go to the parks.They go every year and have already been once this year. He was in DTD shopping when I talked to him(hopefully he'll bring be back a Rice Krispy Treat from Goofy's :blush:) I suggested for him to go resort hopping and really take in the different resorts. He has a timeshare at the Wyndham hotel so I'm assuming he's going to stay there. He said he liked the idea of checking out the different resorts. I also told him to have lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express.

Thank you all for your suggestions!:mickey:

Lakin
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Cool! Resort hopping is awesome.