PDA

View Full Version : Changing number in ADR party?

mouseketeer mom
07-27-2009, 08:40 AM
What happens if you show up with one more or one less then you made the ADR for? We have an ADR for Cape May that my husband may or may not be able to join us. Also wondering if we can add an extra person to the ADR when we show up at the podium. DD has a friend in WDW at the same time. Thanks!

WDWCrazyKaren
07-27-2009, 08:44 AM
I would always think that they could accomdate one less, but one more? I'm not certain of the answer. Never had to think about this before as we always know who will be there. I'm curious to hear from someone "in the know" as well!

I do hope your DH gets to join you though. We'll be at Cape May for the first time this next trip! I can't wait!

momofdisneyprincess
07-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I have heard of people unable to add another person at the time of check - in. It was a table of 4 trying to add 5. This would require a table for 6 and there weren't any available. They don' t just pull up an extra chair. On the opposite end, if you make the ADR for say 5 and, therefore, reserve a 6 table when you don't need it that may prevent someone from getting that table if you only show up with 4. I would say to try to ascertain if your husband is coming. If it is really still "iffy" I would say to go with the extra person on the original reservation and call the restaurant asap if any changes are needed. Who knows, maybe they will be able to switch you to a smaller table, making the larger table available for someone else.

NJGIRL
07-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Showing up with 1 less person is not a problem but showing up with one more is. They will either tell you no it's not possible or you will have to wait additional time for a table.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2009, 10:26 AM
We've shown up with on less, and didn't have a problem (but then, it was the same size table...4 to 3).

Although it would be nice to make the ADR for the number of people you expect, I wouldn't expect showing up with one less would be a big deal, but it might be harder to add someone.

And, out of interest, at 1900 Park Fare, we did have a table for 3! (the other side was against the wall). I thought 3 and 4 would always be the same :)

JavaDuck
07-28-2009, 12:14 AM
We added one person to a Le Cellier ADR last year during our August trip. We have a friend who is a cast member and wanted to join us for dinner. Our ADR was for 7 and we stopped in and talked to a hostess around 3 asking if it would be possible to change our party of 2 to 3. She said no problem.

I suggest doing the same, giving them as much advance notice as possible. I can see that at time of check-in, you could be denied or have to wait extra.

LibertyTreeGal
07-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Speaking from experience, showing up with one less is not a problem, or even two less (people DO get sick at WDW), but it has been my experience with reading many posts here that they generally are not able to accomodate extra folks.

megustamex
07-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Actually, we went from 6 people to 4 and they made us wait for 45 minutes for our ADR at Boma. They said they had to "reset" our table since we had changed the number of people - I'm assuming that means they gave away our table for 6 and we had to wait for a table for 4 to open since it took so long. It was very aggravating.

pokeyw
07-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I have the same situation. We have 2 - 1yos already booked an need to add a 12 yo. Do you think they would just allow one of the babies to sit on an adults lap to make room for the older child? The seats should stay the same then. I am really hoping this is the case, since it is at Cali Grill and I really want the night to be special.

dizknee531
07-28-2009, 10:34 PM
:mickey:I think it depends on the restaurant, It doesn't hurt to ask to add one. We have done this before without a problem. Give them as much notice as you can. They try to work with you.

jonahbear2006
07-29-2009, 01:37 AM
we had to alter a ressie last week on one that was downsized and they didnt mind, and i imagine that 24 hrs before you can do this without a problem.