PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer at Pop...Questions

georger
07-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Getting ready to place an order with Garden Grocer for our upcoming stay at Pop Century (maybe). Is this a pain? Do you have to wait in the room for this or will they deliver if you are not there? Does the resort charge if the delivery is dropped off? We are flying and need water, Gatorade, breakfast items and snacks.....is it worth it or not???? Has anyone done this recently???

Mammabruski
07-26-2009, 02:44 PM
We ordered from Garden Grocer this May, and we stayed at POP. I think it is very worth it!

Garden Grocer will deliver to the Resort and if you are not there to receive it POP will put it in their luggage storage, and they will refrigerate any perishable items. They will not charge you for this service.

When you get there bring your printed receipt to the luggage room and they will gather your groceries for you.

Now here is the part that pretty much depends on the CM and how busy they are delivering luggage and such...The night I arrived it was just me and my DD, who is 2, and I was oh, 7 months pregnant, (my DM didn't join us until the next morning). And it was raining. Hard. They took pity on me and had someone deliver my order (2 large boxes) to our room.

Typically you will have to bring your order to your own room yourself, that was my understanding. So I was very, very glad to have assistance.

Hope that helps!:mickey:

Gregandmel
07-27-2009, 06:42 AM
We plan on doing the same thing for our upcoming trip next year. I've heard good things about ordering from them. I plan on calling garden grocery to find out how the whole thing works, then also calling POFQ where we plan on staying and asking THEM what they do when it's delivered. We plan on just having 3 cases of bottled water delivered to our rooms. Maybe you could call the resort you are staying at and ask them, that way you are well prepared. Good luck and have fun!! :number1:

georger
07-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the information everyone. I ordered yesterday...:)

Pirate Granny
07-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi there...it works well at FQ also...we've had stuff delivered to quite a few of the resorts.
Hi...Mamma Bruski...hope you are feeling well...less than a month until Baby Sister arrives.
:pirate:

KAT1811
07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Glad to hear you ordered with GG. They were fabulous on our last trip. Disney is great about storing your food if need be. We didn't need it because we set up our delivery for right after we landed. They actually called my cell phone to ask if they could deliver early and it was there minutes after our arrival. We are using them again this year! Have a fabulous trip!!!

georger
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks everyone....we scheduled for the delivery to made from 3-5....and we will land around 2...I hope I scheduled that right??? Thanks again for the information.

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
No its not a pain, andthey are so willing to work with you.
Both GG and We Go Shop are great

Mom2princesses
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
We used GG during our last stay at the Poly. They were great! The hotel stored our milk for us and bell services brought it to our room.