PDA

View Full Version : dessert fireworks

motherof4
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
after calling for 2 weeks I finally got res for the dessert fireworks in mk I hope it is worth the money. has anyone gone to it. It sounds really good with all that dessert. and a good seat for wishes fireworks.

ElenitaB
07-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Please report back how it was. I wouldn't doubt if they extend this, if it's making money for them.

SBETigg
07-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I haven't done it, but I have sat in that area for fireworks, and it's a great view. And I have seen pictures of the dessert buffet and it looks amazing. I think you'll be very pleased with this experience, but do let us know!

DisneyPrincess21
07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
after calling for 2 weeks I finally got res for the dessert fireworks in mk I hope it is worth the money. has anyone gone to it. It sounds really good with all that dessert. and a good seat for wishes fireworks.

I have never heard of this before what is it?

DlandMommy
07-25-2009, 11:24 PM
You are soo lucky I've been trying for weeks.Im hoping if I cant get a res hopefully our concierge can:fingers:

SorcererJim
07-25-2009, 11:39 PM
I've got reservations for this coming Wed. I'll be sure to report on the experience. I too have seen the pictures and can't believe all the food!

To answer a previous post, it's called the Wishes Dessert Buffet and for 17.99 for Adults and 9.99 for the 3-9 crowd, you get entry in the lower terrace near the noodle station at "around one hour before wishes" with tables and chairs setup and the most decadent spread of desserts I have ever seen amassed outside the midnight chocolate buffet on my last cruise! :mickey: You get to enjoy all you can eat and drink (colas, lemonades, iced teas, coffee, water) until wishes starts. I've also seen that you can get a nice view of specromagic from there as well.

We can't wait!

Cinderelley
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm not too thrilled with this. I don't think it's the best place to see fireworks - the castle is off-centered when you watch them from there. The only time I sit there is when I go with DH. He doesn't like to wait for the fireworks, so we ride rides, grab a bite to eat, and then watch the fireworks from one of the tables. I think this would have been a lot better if it was presented somewhere along Main Street - maybe a second floor viewing platform or something like that. Kind've like they do for Fantasmic in Disneyland.

SBETigg
07-26-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not too thrilled with this. I don't think it's the best place to see fireworks - the castle is off-centered when you watch them from there. The only time I sit there is when I go with DH. He doesn't like to wait for the fireworks, so we ride rides, grab a bite to eat, and then watch the fireworks from one of the tables. I think this would have been a lot better if it was presented somewhere along Main Street - maybe a second floor viewing platform or something like that. Kind've like they do for Fantasmic in Disneyland.

I disagree. It is very slightly off center, yes, but it's very close and a great view. Tinkerbell flies right at you and lands slightly above, out of sight. It's pretty cool. It's one of my favorite viewing locations.

Live4WDW
07-26-2009, 11:35 AM
:mickey: Am going august 24, the view for the fireworks will be nice of course, however the main reason I am going is to enjoy the many desserts, many times.:eat:

KathyMO
07-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Can you book it 90 days in advance? Will it still be going on in Nov? What if there are no fireworks that night due to rain?

It sounds great and we will probably give it a try.

tinksmom02
07-26-2009, 01:37 PM
If they decide to extend it beyond August, I just might have to try for ADRs for it...like we'll need more food on this trip :sick: but maybe we could cancel a dinner and just eat desserts that night LOL :blush:

Live4WDW
07-26-2009, 02:07 PM
If they decide to extend it beyond August, I just might have to try for ADRs for it...like we'll need more food on this trip :sick: but maybe we could cancel a dinner and just eat desserts that night LOL :blush:
LOL!!! That's what my wife and I did. Were just having breakfast at Boma, and a light luch somewhere. Dessert time later.:D:D

Live4WDW
07-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Can you book it 90 days in advance? Will it still be going on in Nov? What if there are no fireworks that night due to rain?

It sounds great and we will probably give it a try.
I can only help you with part of your questions here. When I made a reservation for this event, I was told the fireworks might get cancelled due to weather, but that the dessert party will go on as scheduled. Its under cover, however I would suffer under a downpour for some of those desserts. YUM,YUM:D:D

allentownguy
07-27-2009, 02:10 AM
:mickey: Am going august 24, the view for the fireworks will be nice of course, however the main reason I am going is to enjoy the many desserts, many times.:eat:

we will be going the same night for the extra magic hours look for the big guy with all the tattoos (hands,neck,arm,legs) eating all the creme brulee:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
07-27-2009, 02:24 AM
look for the big guy with all the tattoos (hands,neck,arm,legs) eating all the creme brulee:mickey:

HAHAHA, Sorry I got a visual of this big tough guy eating little cups of creme brulee and that literally made me laugh out loud.

I wish I could go, but they aren't currently offering it when I am going.

:eat: Hope you have a great time! :eat:

Florida Dreamer
07-27-2009, 09:48 AM
We have just returned from our Disney trip. We did the Fireworks Desserts and it was wonderful. We enjoyed it very much. We had a reserved table up front. The desserts were great. Not large serving sizes so you are able to sample everything. There was a wide variety of desserts and several beverages to choose from. The staff was very helpful. The view of the fireworks was very good. We thought is was well worth it - it was a magical Disney experience. People attending did start standing in line about 20-30 before it opened. You are given a bracelet to wear in case you have to go to the restroom and come back in. Highly recommend the Fireworks Dessert Buffet.:mickey:

Live4WDW
07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
we will be going the same night for the extra magic hours look for the big guy with all the tattoos (hands,neck,arm,legs) eating all the creme brulee:mickey:

:mickey:. Hey cool, will see you there!

pixiesmimi
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Has anyone tried to get a reservation and couldn't but was able to go back later and something had opened up? I tried to get a reservation for sometime on our trip in Aug but was out of luck. I have been wondering if I might be able to get something if I go back and try again. Do you think there would be cancellations for this?

DisneyPrincess21
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Has anyone tried to get a reservation and couldn't but was able to go back later and something had opened up? I tried to get a reservation for sometime on our trip in Aug but was out of luck. I have been wondering if I might be able to get something if I go back and try again. Do you think there would be cancellations for this?

cancellations are always a possibility for anything, keep calling back (if you really want to go I would suggest calling everyday) trust me when I needed an O'hana reservation I called everyday. And I actually did get 2 different ones for different dates.
So anything is possible if you just try

dizknee531
07-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Haven't been able to get in for our trip in Aug. Maybe we'll try for October. Did they extend it yet??

allentownguy
07-29-2009, 01:44 AM
HAHAHA, Sorry I got a visual of this big tough guy eating little cups of creme brulee and that literally made me laugh out loud.

I wish I could go, but they aren't currently offering it when I am going.

:eat: Hope you have a great time! :eat:

:mickey:. Hey cool, will see you there!

haahaa thats funny but true princess, sorry they do not offer the plan when your going down. but thats me i look like a cross between a biker and a punker with a little bar room bouncer thrown in for fun :cool: but that does not match my taste in food, drink or music of choice. so disney better have major amounts of crem brulee and lots of varitey of it:mickey:

live4WDW, i will have a big walking cast 3 kids 10, 11 & 14 and my princess. you cant miss me with all the tattoos the one to notice is the big bright red "VOID" on the side of my neck looking like a rubber stamp covering the name of my ex wife "nicole" it allways turns heads:D
if you see me stop by and say hi. your can both add me to your face book if you have it, i have a bunch of photos added. well have fun,

(http://www.facebook.com/allentownguy)

magicofdisney
07-29-2009, 05:03 AM
I really want to try this when we go in August but I have mixed feelings about this viewing spot. I think the view is fine (and love Tinkerbell flying directly toward and overhead), but I wish the lighting was dimmer.

maxrebo77
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure if this applies here, but at DL, concierge guests get first rights at all these special things and you may wait in line just to find out it is sold out. IMHO, do not waste your money and take up time just to say you did it.

egospotter
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Found out online that it has been extended through October 12th. We tried to get reservations for August 31st with no luck, already booked. I think it's only for around 270 people. Going to keep trying, but not holding my breath.

From what I understand you can book ahead like dining reservations, I would assume it's 90 days also, but you can go on the day to see if there is availability. It's not like the old Disneyland Fantasmic dessert thing where you had to go the morning of at 5:00am. :sleepin:

And when we went, it was Donnie Osmond who was the VIP that was able to get reservations before everyone else.

ChipDale2708
07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Found out online that it has been extended through October 12th. .

Where did you see this was being extended? I would be so excited if we could do this the first week of October. I just did a quick hunt around the net and didn't see anything. Help!

egospotter
07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I did a search and found that someone had posted it on twitter. That was the only reference so I didn't put much stock in it. But I emailed my TA anyway to see if it was true and it was, but my date was booked. Either way it's worth the phone call to fin out, in my opinion. Wish we could go.

egospotter
07-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Ok... now I don't know what's going on. I just called to check another reservation and while I was on I asked about the Dessert thing and she said it wasn't extended! Either she doesn't know what she's talking about or my TA doesn't.

So I don't know what to tell you. Disney is making me a liar here! Sorry!

ChipDale2708
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
That's okay! :) I'm going to e-mail my TA tomorrow and have her look into it. Even if it hasn't been extended at this time, maybe it will be and it will be on her radar.

Ksmith75
07-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I hope they do it next year. We are going in last week of april/first week of may - and HOPE they have the dessert thing then!!! so exciting...

blondeinbrandon
07-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Okay you had me at DESSERT!!!!:woohoo:

LoriSan
07-30-2009, 03:31 PM
the one to notice is the big bright red "VOID" on the side of my neck looking like a rubber stamp covering the name of my ex wife "nicole" it allways turns heads:D

:rotfl:

maxrebo77
07-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Still wondering egospotter why, when I was trying to be polite and not listen to the person in front of me in line, you didn't give me a little nudge and say Donnie. After all, who got up at 5am?:)

egospotter
07-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Um, I did try to get your attention without screaming "Look it's Donnie Osmond!" but you weren't paying attention. Also we were BOTH up at 5am, you were in line for the tickets and I was in line at the turn-styles.

KathyMO
08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Any news on if they are extending it yet? We would like to attend in Nov.:mickey:

BPATSMouse
08-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I had my TA check on this today and SORRY :sad: but this offer has not been extended at this time.

epceddie
08-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Hey Disney! How about extending this through the end of the year (or as long as possible) so more people can enjoy it.
Sounds like a great idea to me.

motherof4
08-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I called everyday sometimes twice in one day I finally got a res for it someone had just cancelled right before I called. I was so lucky to call right at that moment the only thing is the res are for 9 p.m the day we arrive I am hoping there are no delays with our flight or we will miss it.

pixiesmimi
08-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Did you think it was worth the $18 each?