PDA

View Full Version : ASMovies

maxrebo77
07-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Will be at movies for 5 nights at the end of Sept. I have stayed at the other 2 all stars and Pop. Anything special about Movies I should know? I enjoy walking, so a quiet, scenic, out of the way building is fine. I have however had serious Mousekeeping issues my last few visits, including Pop, Sports and POFQ. I don't mind if something is wrong, I just expect it to be taken care of by end of day. Anything special about Movies you have noticed I would like to hear.

DreamFinder2
07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
My DW and I stayed there the first couple days of our vacation in 2008, and it was nice. We had stayed at ASMu before, too.

We were in the Toy Story building, looking away from the main building...so kind of a wooded area view. Although we sometimes think of the AS resorts as being loud and noisy all the time, our stay during spring break in '08 was remarkably quiet. We used the pool several times, and really enjoyed our stay.

Lakin
07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi! I've stayed at the Movies twice, and I'm sure you'll have a good time. I know in my signature it says I could compare it to ASMusic, but I was only a baby when I went there, so no comparison, sorry!

If you like out of the way, go with a Herbie building. The Herbie area is normally pretty quiet from my experience. :) Though, if you like close, go for Fantasia.

PrincessJadesMom
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
I have stayed at Pop Century and All Star Movies. I preferred Movies. I had a few issues at Pop which were taken care of, but it seemed like as soon as one thing was taken care of something else went wrong, so I was always calling the front desk. I had no problems at all with Movies. I really enjoyed staying there. I thought the staff was a lot friendlier at Movies too.:mickey:

johnO
07-30-2009, 04:14 AM
I like to watch movies in the pool with DD that they play on the big screen at night.

maxrebo77
07-30-2009, 04:10 PM
:cloud9: Movies in the Pool? I like it!

DisneyFr33k
07-31-2009, 05:29 PM
We've stayed at Music, Movies and last year POP. We're staying at POP this year mainly due to the dedicated bus service. Movies is the last of the three stops and many times full buses would arrive only to let a few in and the rest of us waiting. POP was good to us when our son became very sick. We called an ambulance and the resort manager and security officer was in our room within 5 minutes, letting us know they (POP/Disney) would pay for the ambulance cost and cab ride back to POP. The only charge we paid for other than the ER fee was the meds - which Disney delivered to POP for us. I am sure this is standard policy for all resorts, we were just impressed with POP during that stressful time.

I'm sure you'll love Movies. They do have a nice wooded area in which your room can face. Ours did and even though we were initially disappointed not to be facing Buzz and Woody, were thankful for the peace and quiet and nice view.

johnO
08-03-2009, 01:19 PM
:cloud9: Movies in the Pool? I like it!

Yeah they have an inflatable big screen they bring out next to the pool.

DD and I watched Finding Nemo in the pool the last time we were there.

haley's mom
08-04-2009, 12:02 PM
We have stayed at ASSports and POP. We have stayed twice at sports. On only a few occasions do I remember going to Music or Movies resort. Many times Sports was the only pick-up. Does Movies have dedicated buses on top of the shared buses?

momof3+twins
08-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I think you would like the Herbie the Love Bug building or the Mighty Ducks building. I have never had anything bad to say about Movies!