PDA

View Full Version : swimming beach

happy day
07-25-2009, 01:43 PM
If I stay at WL, is there a swimming beach any where? If so, how do you get there? If not, is there a hotel that has a swimming beach?

Scott C
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
There are no longer any fresh water swimming beaches at WDW. The wave pool at typhoon lagoon approximates that environment. If you just want to play in the sand you can go to Fort Wilderness campground where I believe they still have a beach -- though you are not permitted to swim in the water.

Thanks
Scott C

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2009, 04:15 PM
There are no swimming beaches at WDW. There are a lot of beaches tfor playing in the sand though, WL has one, but you can't swim from it.

MNNHFLTX
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes, Wilderness Lodge has a beach, but wading in the water is the most you can do.

TammiMcMan
07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
If you have a car and you want a "beach" day, I'd recommend taking the drive out to Cocoa Beach. It's a little more than an hour drive and pretty convenient. We love spending the day there.

RBrooksC
07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Disney used to allow swimming in Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. But that ended quite a while ago. One has to be careful swimming in the lakes and rivers in Florida. There are certain dangerous Amoebas that, if get into one's brain, can kill.

It doesn't happen easily but it does happen several times a year in the South.

jonahbear2006
07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
If you have a car and you want a "beach" day, I'd recommend taking the drive out to Cocoa Beach. It's a little more than an hour drive and pretty convenient. We love spending the day there.

Actually, I disagree with this. I would take the 50 min drive to Daytona. We were not happy with the Cocoa Beach and we thought it was very dirty. Daytona, on the other hand, was very clean and pretty and was a great day for us, at the beach. The sand is much cleaner, as well, and I am a big fan of soft, clean sand.

TammiMcMan
07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Yup, I'm familiar with Daytona (we own a timeshare on Ormond Beach). Not a huge fan of the cars on the beach :car: . Plus my kids love a shopping trip at Ron Jon's ;) .

KatMark
07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Actually, I disagree with this. I would take the 50 min drive to Daytona. We were not happy with the Cocoa Beach and we thought it was very dirty. Daytona, on the other hand, was very clean and pretty and was a great day for us, at the beach. The sand is much cleaner, as well, and I am a big fan of soft, clean sand.

We've never been to Cocoa Beach, but I agree with you on Daytona--we love it there. We've been numerous times, and spent five days there this past September after our ten days at Disney for our 25th wedding anniversary.