PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are at it again!

mouseketeer mom
07-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Here we go again!
9 Days Polynesian Lagoon View Club Level
Me- Lisa
DH- Steven
DD Katie 15
DD Khloe 13
DS Kai 9

I look for every reason to go to WDW..and having the kids home from school for 2 months is reason enough for me! We began our summer at Disney's HHI resort and we just had to squeeze in a WDW trip too! We talk round and round about staying at another resort, but the Poly wins every time. We booked our trip and just found out this week there is a conference at the Swan/Dolphin during our stay that my DH needs to show up for. Just 2 hours of showing up for, and his company will pay for 3 nights of our stay now, airport parking and some meals and incidentals! So the trip just got sweeter for 2 hours worth of work on my DH's part! Here we go!!

Having stayed at WDW at the Polynesian many times we are realizing what brings us the most joy about our stays...and we realized, sometimes its all about doing nothing. Thats right, NOTHING. So this time we've decided to take it down a notch. See...we usually return back to the Poly in the evening exhausted. And we all feel a huge "aaaaaaah", when we step foot back onto our resort. Well, we want more of those aaaaah moments! We plan to spend more time at the resort in the evenings. Soaking up the music, fire torches, flowers and all the Poly has to offer. Snacks from the lounge by the pool and we are in heaven.

Heres what else we got!

Steve and I will to the Keys to the Kingdom tour! Our first time and I am over the moon with excitement to do this! Thats the benefit of having 2 teen daughters now, they can watch my 9 year old while we are on the tour. They will be at the MK at the same time as us!

Dining..my favorite part!
We have Ohanas, Garden Grill, San Angel, Tokyo Dining, LTT, Tusker House lunch with Nemo package, Kona's for breakfast, T-Rex, Cali Grill, WCC, and Tonys Townsquare and Prime Time, and Wolfgang Pucks. We are hitting Beaches and Cream for a kitchen sink after our San Angel lunch, and all is terrific!

We plan on the balloon ride at DDD, and mini golf at the Fantasia course. Our plans are flexible and we won't hesitate to cancel an ADR if we decide we don't want to worry about the clock. We will enjoy the lounge and all of its offerings if the mood strikes us instead.

Kai is most looking forward to his famous lizard hunting!

Khloe is most looking forward to being called Princess by CM's, and her Dole Whips!

Katie is most looking forward to the food. This tiny gymnast of mine loves her WDW meals, Garden grill and San Angel especially!

Steve is most looking forward to the sun and his view from our patio at the Poly!

I am most looking forward to being back in my happy place. 'Nuf said!

I am so grateful for another trip with my family. So happy for this opportunity before school starts again and we are thrust back into reality.

Almost there! Thanks for reading!

luvDaMouse
07-25-2009, 10:26 AM
:yay:
Yeah trip report! looking forward to your report and pictures!
My husband was alittle skeptical about it but even he found it interesting and we both enjoyed it very much.
Have a great time!
Dana

SBETigg
07-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Fabulous plans! I also love days of nothing, just being around the resort. So fun! You've been enough times that you have your Disney rhythm down, know what you love, and what to expect. Have an incredible time! Can't wait to hear about the tour and the balloon ride. :)

RedSoxFan
07-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Sounds like a relaxing trip planned. My sister and her husband did the Keys to Kingdom tour when we were all there in October. She loved it.:mickey:

the other micki
07-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Your plans sounds absolutely dreamy... :cloud9:
Taking lots of down time at the Poly is a great idea! Can't wait to hear about your trip! :mickey:

Bamf1000
07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Sounds like an Awesome trip! Our next trip we'll be first timers at the Poly. I'm super excited to stay there!

BluewaterBrad
07-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Have a GREAT time!!:mickey:

Mickeydream
07-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you have everything under control! I have only visited the Poly to eat (the luau and 'Ohana's), it is beautifully exotic. Have fun.:mickey:

faline
07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I have so enjoyed your past trip reports! I'm really excited that I have some more to look forward to!

Sounds like you've got a terrific trip planned!

Carolanne
07-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I love the Poly--if it were up to DH, we'd stay there EVERY trip. Enjoy :mickey:!

LittleRoosMommy
07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Sounds like an exciting trip!! What is the Lunch w/ Nemo package at Tusker House in AK? I haven't heard about this, could you give me some more details.

Hope you have a great time!!:mickey:

TikiGoddess
07-27-2009, 07:26 AM
It all sounds like a wonderful plan! Great dining choices... tours... let us know how the balloon at DTD is!

I'm hoping to slow down when we go... perhaps just visit the parks in the morning and then relax at WL in the afternoon/evening. My husband will have no problem with that... but I will have to force myself to slow down. I am so programmed to be at the parks as much as I possibly can!

So let me know how it all goes... in a few weeks we'll be reading each other's trip reports!
How exciting!

Kathy

yjgirl32
07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I love reading your reports.You helped me decide on some places to eat. I hope you have a great trip. Can't wait to read your reports.

princessgirls
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Sounds fabulous Lisa! I look forward to reading all about your adventures when you return!

Enjoy your time with family!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
sounds like its going to be a great time!!
cant wait to hear all about it when get back..i always enjoy reading about your vacations! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks! Now if I could only be content with the ADR's that I made...I can't stop tweaking them!

vizsla
07-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Have a great time.

Mackflava99
07-28-2009, 08:54 AM
My family is so jealous- first you have the wonderful trip to HH and then back to the Poly :)

Your ADRs look great , i am not sure why you have "reservations about your reservations.."

I have not heard many positive reviews about T-Rex, but i guess you are going for Kai. i walked in to look around, its a cool place, but noisy. (noisier than rainforest)

If you are going to Tusker hourse only for the nemo package, I dont think you will have an issue-. nemo is easy to get in, its a giant theater.
We did the HBD with the fantasmic package and our seats were off to the side, So i wasnt happy paying extra.

LauraByTheSea
07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Adding down time sounds nice... You'll have a great time!

mouseketeer mom
07-30-2009, 08:34 AM
We leave in the morning!! So today....
Cleaning the house
Getting a haircut
Checking the bags
Jumping for Joy!!!!! :mickey: :cloud9: :mickey:
I can't believe we're almost there!!!!

Mackflava99
07-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Why not get a cut on Main Street?

lol

Seriously - Have a wonderful time !!!

mouseketeer mom
07-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Why not get a cut on Main Street?

lol

Seriously - Have a wonderful time !!!

Ha! No way!! My husband got one of the worst cuts in his life on Main Street, USA!

Mackflava99
07-30-2009, 03:12 PM
it would make for some good laughs :)