PDA

View Full Version : Free Dinning Question

biggun35
07-25-2009, 07:09 AM
I received the free dinning offer until 12/17 from Disney Rewards card but we don't arrive until 12/18, can we book a room at Pops for the 17th to get the free dinning but not check in? We would be spending the $100 or so for the night but we would be saving $900 in the long run. Or, if I arrive 12/17 but DW and DS not arrive until 12/18, would we still get the free dinning if just one of us checks in?

Strmchsr
07-25-2009, 07:30 AM
It's kind of a toss up. A lot of times if you check in before the offer expires they'll give you the discount for your entire vacation, but they are not obligated to do that. In fact, their policy enacted last year says the last date is the last date, period, so you might not even be able to get the "free" dining after the 17th. Going into their busiest time of the year it's 50-50 whether they would allow you to have it after the 17th, especially not checking in until the 17th.

However, even if they do, if you don't check in I thought they canceled your entire reservation but I'm not sure about that.

Seasonscraps
07-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I think you would have to check in on the 17th to even be considered eligable for the free DP - it's for guests and you are not a guest until you check in.

I am not sure about the rest of it -- they used to require all guests be present at check in during free dining promotions. I would call and ask about effective dates and check in policy -take note of the people you spoke with in case this scenario falls into a grey area.