PDA

View Full Version : How do I get offers about free upgrades

antngoof89
07-25-2009, 01:15 AM
I've always wondered, how do I get these amazing deals everyone gets on here?

ransam
07-25-2009, 02:01 AM
i'd like to know the answer to this as well.

PixieMagic
07-25-2009, 02:32 AM
ha ha! Same here!!!:secret:

nicster
07-25-2009, 02:45 AM
I am certain it is Magic:mickey:

gueli
07-25-2009, 02:50 AM
I don't know for certain but-

price out a vacation in the timeframe you want to go.
Become a disney visa member
do not go every year to WDW...

Have high hopes, and hope disney wants your business...
:mickey:

lighteningqueen
07-25-2009, 02:55 AM
The not going every year has to be a mistake. Some on here that get them go 2-3 times per year. Obviously they do not need discounts. But I am not one to judge...I need to go this one last year for a couple of years when the new grandchildren get old enough 3 and 4. We need a time for us and to see it all this time. We have yet to do epcot and mainly SIL doesnt want to do some of the stuff and acts tired so we just didnt do it. Did not want to rock the boat. But this time this pair of 54 year olds are going to beat the paths down...

Lovin'ThatMouse
07-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Not exactly sure how it happens. It happen to me, by sheer suprise! I booked a value through Disney and poof it showed up in my inbox! Disney Magic strikes again!:mickey:

johnO
07-25-2009, 04:48 AM
If you become a member at the WDW Website, they will email you special deals.

It should be noted that special deals are different from "Free upgrades" which are done at random.

TheRustyScupper
07-25-2009, 05:55 AM
It should be noted that special deals are different from "Free upgrades" which are done at random.

1) The upgrades are not really "at random".
2) The recipients might be, but the upgrades follow strict guidelines. *
. . . occupancy limits
. . . mechanical failures
. . . to sell more cash rooms, even at a lower rate
3) You
. . . cannot request them
. . . cannot get mailers for them
. . . cannot sign up for them

* Some are given at check-in by CM's as Pixie Dust. These still require back room approval. All others are done ahead of time. Lots of folks what FREE upgrades, to get something they do not want to pay for. Greed is such a wonderful thing.

Cinderella's mom
07-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I signed up on the Disney website. I did not sign up for a Disney Visa. I have called several times trying to get rates for our upcoming trip. I have priced on the Disney website as well. At the end of the pricing, I was given a pop up screen asking why I did not want to book at this time. I answered several different ways depending on the situation (anywhere from I am not ready, I do not feel this deal is the best deal, etc.) I am not sure if that did it or not. We do go pretty much every year, but only once a year most years. This last deal I got for free dining in November was sent to my yahoo email, but when I called to book, they said it was attached to another address that we have not lived at in about 5 years. So, I am not sure.

Although, I booked our upcoming trip with free dining and booked 3 rooms, but needed to book 4 rooms. (I can only book 3 rooms per code) Anyway, I booked my aunt's room and the next few days, she got the same deal. I called back and was able to get the 4th room with free dining.

Good luck! Sending you some Pixie Dust for some deals!!!

Brooklynos
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't really know that the bigger upgrades that have recently been emailed out to value resort guests are due to signing up for anything. We are signed up on all of the disney websites, have a disney visa and go almost every year. We've stayed at values, moderates and deluxe resorts. We have only ever gotten a couple of view upgrades but nothing more than pool view(which we were thrilled with!). I agree with the previous poster that larger upgrades are more to benefit Disney not the guest, BUT the extra pixie dust is an awesome way to start a vacation. I think we all hope to get that email but in the mean time book what you will not be disappointed in and watch your email. :mickey:

wire0monkey
07-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't really know that the bigger upgrades that have recently been emailed out to value resort guests are due to signing up for anything. We are signed up on all of the disney websites, have a disney visa and go almost every year. We've stayed at values, moderates and deluxe resorts. We have only ever gotten a couple of view upgrades but nothing more than pool view(which we were thrilled with!). I agree with the previous poster that larger upgrades are more to benefit Disney not the guest, BUT the extra pixie dust is an awesome way to start a vacation. I think we all hope to get that email but in the mean time book what you will not be disappointed in and watch your email. :mickey:

The recent upgrades are probably due to the economy. Disney is selling more rooms than expected at value resorts and less rooms than expected at more expensive resorts. In order to meet demand, they're moving some loyal customers out of the values and into Saratoga Springs, which tends to be less used than the other resorts. Disney can then sell those value rooms again to additional customers, who have to buy tickets and food while they're at WDW. It's like getting a free upgrade on an airline when they've overbooked a room. It's a nice surprise when you get it, but don't count on it and there's no way to plan for it.

KAT1811
07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I am not sure how frequent WDW guests get discount pin codes. We have been at least once a year for a zillion years and I have never gotten a pin code, ever. There are however, have been pin codes mistakenly delivered to my address (postal error) for our neighbors and I know for a fact that they have not been in almost 10 years. Other friends of ours have gotten them and they have never been to WDW. I, personally, think that it has more to do with those who do not visit as a way to get them to book. Why give a discount to someone who is going every year? Historically they are going whether or not they get a discount. From a marketing perspective that would be bad business. From a consumer perspective that sounds great! ;)

wishiniwasthere
07-30-2009, 09:17 AM
The recent upgrades are probably due to the economy. Disney is selling more rooms than expected at value resorts and less rooms than expected at more expensive resorts. In order to meet demand, they're moving some loyal customers out of the values and into Saratoga Springs, which tends to be less used than the other resorts. Disney can then sell those value rooms again to additional customers, who have to buy tickets and food while they're at WDW. It's like getting a free upgrade on an airline when they've overbooked a room. It's a nice surprise when you get it, but don't count on it and there's no way to plan for it.

I totally agree with your assessment. We have been upgraded two years in a row now, and both times we were scheduled to stay at All Star Sports. I think by moving people out, they are at least getting more customers. I also believe more people are booking at the value resorts due to the economy. Honestly, we book there, because we are "Park People." We spend all out time in the parks, and very little time at the resorts. We have gone to DW every year for the past 10 years. That could be another reason we are one of the chosen. Honestly, I would be perfectly content with Sports, but heck, why not try another resort?

MadMadamMim
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I really don't think pin codes have anything to do with anything. My family has gone every year for the past five years staying on property and off property every year before that for the past 23 years and I literally get every pin code in my e-mail that people always talk about. They obviously aren't trying to coerce me into going because I'll always be going every year, I think some people just get lucky.

jonahbear2006
07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
We have gotten so many pin codes this year we cant use them all. We got 5. Two for play/dine, two for dining, and one for 40% off accommodations. How? I don't know. Some through the mail, some on email.

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Not exactly sure how it happens. It happen to me, by sheer suprise! I booked a value through Disney and poof it showed up in my inbox! Disney Magic strikes again!:mickey:

:congrats:Welcome to Intercot!!!:congrats:

GeorgiaOnMyMind
07-31-2009, 12:12 AM
I am curious now. What is a pin code? I get brochures in the mail from Disney every once in a while.

KAT1811
07-31-2009, 10:48 AM
We have been upgraded two years in a row now, and both times we were scheduled to stay at All Star Sports.

Just out of curiosity where were you upgraded to?