PDA

View Full Version : Shows Disney should replaced BB with

antngoof89
07-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Alright guys... Beauty and The Beast, I think, is outdated in the studios... what do ya'll think should replace it?

I'd like to see something with the classic toons... an imaginereed kind of MIckey Mouse tribute. Or perhaps a Tarzan Show, which really belongs in AK, or some other classic.

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-25-2009, 06:23 AM
After seeing it on Broadway I got spoiled and couldn't see it anymore at Studios. I agree that it's quite dated, especially considering the fact that they just use regular costumes for the non-human characters, ones you can see anywhere in the parks. Maybe if they updated it to make it more Broadway style it'd be better.

On a side note: didn't they used to release doves at the end of this show?

Meteora
07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
After seeing it on Broadway I got spoiled and couldn't see it anymore at Studios. I agree that it's quite dated, especially considering the fact that they just use regular costumes for the non-human characters, ones you can see anywhere in the parks. Maybe if they updated it to make it more Broadway style it'd be better.

I agree totally. After seeing the Broadway version, this one is very meh. They could have improved it with a costumes upgrade or by adding some of the new songs written for the Broadway musical, which I think are some of the best in the whole show. Awhile back, a few of us suggested having a Broadway-caliber show somewhere in the world--whether it be BatB, TLK, Mary Poppins, or Tarzan. I have no doubt it would sell out almost every night, like La Nouba.

luvDaMouse
07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
My daughter would say a Nightmare before Christmas show!:jack: She has been waiting for something like that for Broadway. I imagine it could be like the puppets they use for the Broadway Lion King show with people behind them. The music is great and it would be different;)

ASweetLov
07-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I absolutely love Beauty and The Beast, it's such a beautiful story and I think it should stay!

Stu29573
07-25-2009, 12:02 PM
This is my wife's favorite show. By far. Change? Bad. :D

lindique
07-25-2009, 07:35 PM
The Aladdin show at Disneyland in CA is absolutely fantastic - I'd like to see it come to Orlando. The outdoor theater where Beauty & the Beast is shown might not be the best venue, however.

I LoveJack
07-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I loved Aladdin when we went in May. The Genie was so funny. I'd love for something to go in that the audience could work with, maybe an improve show or something. That way the ones who can't sing could still do something fun.:)

PharmD
07-25-2009, 08:51 PM
On a side note: didn't they used to release doves at the end of this show?

Hi DisneyFanaticDargon,

They did release doves at the end of the show for a while. But hawks became wise to this and more and more doves did not show back up after they were released. The hawks were eating the doves so Disney decided to stop releasing the doves.

I have never seen it on Broadway so I haven't been spoiled:D, yet. My wife loves this show so we make it a point to see if everytime we go. I also loved Hunchback and miss it very much.

ransam
07-29-2009, 02:04 AM
i do like that show a lot...i don't think it's outdated..at least not nearly as outdated as the indiana jones show, or honey i shrunk the audience...

mrp4352
07-29-2009, 08:25 AM
I would rather see them do something with the Little Mermaid show first.

elmjimmlm
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
I do love the Beauty and the Beast show but haven't been back since their pre-show ended...I think that it wouldn't hurt to be changed to something new...New is always a nice change...

xipetotec
07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Alright guys... Beauty and The Beast, I think, is outdated in the studios... what do ya'll think should replace it?

I'd like to see something with the classic toons... an imaginereed kind of MIckey Mouse tribute. Or perhaps a Tarzan Show, which really belongs in AK, or some other classic.

Well, I think this might be the perfect time to prepare a musical show based on the Princess and the Frog. The trailers look like it'll be a fun movie, and it could be a show with a Louisiana musical feel.

lockedoutlogic
07-29-2009, 10:54 AM
With profit not free flowing...."replacement" in DHS means they would probably just shut it down and abandon it until they are happier with the bottomline, and save the money on operation and labor

So I kindly decline to even talk about it:thumbsup:

Jll3Sonex
07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
i do like that show a lot...i don't think it's outdated..at least not nearly as outdated as the indiana jones show, or honey i shrunk the audience...I rather like the Honey, I Shrunk The Audience show. Yeah, it's outdated and kind of hokey - but that's part of the charm of it. Maybe they could update the projection with the new Disney 3-D process - but I wouldn't want to see it changed.

Beauty and the Beast? No, let's not change that one either... I've had such a crush on Belle for a long time... :blush:

MickeyandTink
07-29-2009, 11:34 AM
i do like that show a lot...i don't think it's outdated..at least not nearly as outdated as the indiana jones show, or honey i shrunk the audience...

:exactly: We saw HISTA and Indiana Jones on our trip two years ago. While we liked the movie and DD and DS love the playground at DHS, the HISTA is just awful. Indy was OK, but we didn't see it last year and probably won't this year.

As for B&B, I'm ok if they keep it a while longer, but a change would be good, too. They already have Mary Poppins on Broadway. Modifying that show to fit at DHS shouldn't be too difficult, I wouldn't think.

ransam
07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
It's not like i don't like HISTA....i do. I just think it's based on a movie that's almost 30 years old (i know that beauty and the beast is too, but that's a disney classic)....i think they could do something really cool in 3-D..maybe involving the movie Enchanted....combining cartoon and live characters...using animals.. etc....

DisneyCrazyET
07-29-2009, 11:53 PM
We stood in line twice for Aladdin in Disneyland Cal. We made it to our seats the show started and then stopped, something didn't work right so they canceled it twice.
We all like Beauty and the Beast. Mu sisters all time fav movie. Update it.
There are other show I think need to be updated too. HISTA is first on my list. We do see it every time, never a line. I never made it to WDW when Captain EO was there. I don't remember what was there before that.???
Little Mermaid they cut out some scenes last year, put it back the way it was... Who cares about time, I have all the time in the World...
Take care

DisneyPrincess21
07-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I absolutely love Beauty and The Beast, it's such a beautiful story and I think it should stay!

This is my wife's favorite show. By far. Change? Bad. :D

i do like that show a lot...i don't think it's outdated..

I rather like the Honey, I Shrunk The Audience show. Yeah, it's outdated and kind of hokey - but that's part of the charm of it.
Beauty and the Beast? No, let's not change that one either...

I love the beauty and the beast show, it is something I always look forward to seeing. So I really hope they don't do away with it.

Also, I like the honey I shrunk the audience show at epcot, as previous poster said it is kinda "hokey" but that's one of the things I like about it.

Fantasmic
07-30-2009, 08:59 AM
The should import Animagique from The Disney Studios in Paris :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I still like Beauty and the Beast. They just took out the Tarzan show at AK and put in Nemo.:mickey:

AlexinWonderland
07-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I like Beauty and the Beast, but once you have seen it on Broadway, everyone is right, it sort of pales in comparison.

I think that a Tarzan show would be no better, but I second the idea of a Nightmare Before Christmas Show, or some other movie that has a following that hasn't been showcased in WDW.

Aladdin would be interesting, and it would certainly bring me back to my childhood (Aladdin parades seemed to fill MGM when it first opened, and they were all very ornate and fun like the Block Party is now, and they were filled with similar gags, i.e. water antics.)

I also agree that The Little Mermaid show should be update, and they use a lot of interesting techniques to tell the story of Finding Nemo over in AK, and I think these could easily adapt for TLM.

I also believe that Honey I Shrunk the Kids is in more dire need of a facelift, or perhaps total reconstructive surgery long before Beauty and the Beast. In fact, I think the whole Imagination Pavilion could use some work but that is a rant best left for another time and another post. ;)

Marker
07-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I guess I don't think it's really all that outdated. And if having see the Broadway version has ruined it for some, that in no way means that it has made the show more dated, or less appealing to the rest of the crowd.

I enjoy that Beauty and the Beast stage show everytime I see it, so for me personally I don't see a need to change it.

However, if were to replace it, and could maintain the quality of show, I wouldn't have a problem with seeing something new. And personally, I'd like to see them develop something new for that park rather than copy something from another park.

fupresti
07-31-2009, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't mind a show based on Enchanted.

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Well, I think this might be the perfect time to prepare a musical show based on the Princess and the Frog. The trailers look like it'll be a fun movie, and it could be a show with a Louisiana musical feel.

They COULD do this. But I think it would be a bad move to put it in the Beauty and the Beast theater from the get-go. The reason being that if the film flops they've invested WAY too much time and money to get the show taken out and bring back Beauty and the Beast.

Instead, they should do test runs of it somewhere else, a smaller venue if possible, just to see how it goes.

On the flip side, they could wait to see if the film does well and if it does, then add the show.

The big question is, will this film have the lasting appeal that has kept Beauty and the Beast so popular for almost 20 years?

Meteora
07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
However, if were to replace it, and could maintain the quality of show, I wouldn't have a problem with seeing something new. And personally, I'd like to see them develop something new for that park rather than copy something from another park.

I really feel that they could find a compromise between their version and the Broadway version, which in my opinion was one of the best and most beautiful shows I have ever seen. Add in a few of the new Broadway songs, all of which I think are fabulous--particularly "If I Can't Love Her" and "A Change in Me," and maybe a few spiced up special effects. And why not take some of the broadway costumes and transplant them to HS, now that the show on Broafway is closed?

ToraTory
07-31-2009, 12:32 PM
It's not like i don't like HISTA....i do. I just think it's based on a movie that's almost 30 years old (i know that beauty and the beast is too, but that's a disney classic)....i think they could do something really cool in 3-D..maybe involving the movie Enchanted....combining cartoon and live characters...using animals.. etc....

Am I confused? HISTA is Honey I Shrunk the Audience, right? And it's based on Honey I Shrunk the KIds, right? That movie was released in 1989, that's 20 years ago not 30. I don't mean to be nit-picky (well maybe a little) I mostly just want to make sure I'm understanding what HISTA is (all these abbreviations... geeeeeez)

And for the record, I still like the attraction and would hate to see it go :mickey:

MickeyandTink
07-31-2009, 12:47 PM
I never made it to WDW when Captain EO was there. I don't remember what was there before that.???

Captain EO was the original show at Epcot. We saw it during our first trip to WDW in 1983, (when MK and Epcot were the only parks). It was a somewhat hokey, but entertaining 3-D film starring MJ when he was at his prime. It may be dated and MJ certainly had his problems the last 10-15 years, but I would still rather see it than sit through HISTA again.

Marker
07-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Am I confused? HISTA is Honey I Shrunk the Audience, right? And it's based on Honey I Shrunk the KIds, right? That movie was released in 1989, that's 20 years ago not 30. I don't mean to be nit-picky (well maybe a little) I mostly just want to make sure I'm understanding what HISTA is (all these abbreviations... geeeeeez)

And for the record, I still like the attraction and would hate to see it go :mickey:

I feel your pain. I am a firm believer that this board, or rather all board, well maybe the entire internet if not our culture as a whole suffers from TMA..... meaning TOO MANY ACRONYMS. Imagine how much less confusion there would be if folks would just USE THE WORDS.

Anyway yes, HISTA is Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

You are correct, it is based on Honey I Shrunk The Kids movie from 1989, only 20 years.

The Honey I Shrunk The Audience show opened in Epoct in 1994, only 15 years ago.

So no, the show is not 30 years old. Epcot itselff is not even 30 years old.

Perhaps the show is showing it's age. 3D technology has definitely advanced since it opened. However, it is still an entertaining show, especially for those who have never seen it before, or if they've only seen in a few times. It's important to keep in mind that the majority of guest do not visit multiple times each year, and probably not multiple times in a decade.

I don't visit Honey I Shrunk The Audience every visit, but when I do return I still enjoy it.

It's kind of a no-win situation for Disney, no matter when they change something, there are those who think it should have been changed long before, and those who have not had the opportunity to see it. People with voice opinions that something needs to change, then when they announce a change they'll complain that a favorite is being changed. Then after the change, there will be plenty of folks to hate the change regardless of what they did.

My opinion, I'd like to see something new to replace Honey I Shrunk The Audience, but I still think it's a good show, and I think there are people who still enjoy it.

antngoof89
07-31-2009, 02:54 PM
I feel your pain. I am a firm believer that this board, or rather all board, well maybe the entire internet if not our culture as a whole suffers from TMA..... meaning TOO MANY ACRONYMS. Imagine how much less confusion there would be if folks would just USE THE WORDS.

Anyway yes, HISTA is Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

You are correct, it is based on Honey I Shrunk The Kids movie from 1989, only 20 years.

The Honey I Shrunk The Audience show opened in Epoct in 1994, only 15 years ago.

So no, the show is not 30 years old. Epcot itselff is not even 30 years old.

Perhaps the show is showing it's age. 3D technology has definitely advanced since it opened. However, it is still an entertaining show, especially for those who have never seen it before, or if they've only seen in a few times. It's important to keep in mind that the majority of guest do not visit multiple times each year, and probably not multiple times in a decade.

I don't visit Honey I Shrunk The Audience every visit, but when I do return I still enjoy it.

It's kind of a no-win situation for Disney, no matter when they change something, there are those who think it should have been changed long before, and those who have not had the opportunity to see it. People with voice opinions that something needs to change, then when they announce a change they'll complain that a favorite is being changed. Then after the change, there will be plenty of folks to hate the change regardless of what they did.

My opinion, I'd like to see something new to replace Honey I Shrunk The Audience, but I still think it's a good show, and I think there are people who still enjoy it.

I agree with ya. I love Honey I shrunk the audience, it's a VERY dated attraction but when new people come to Disney, it's something that should be seen. The CM don't get as in to it as I believe they should so that new comers will enjoy the experience more, but it's a win-win attraction. Air Conditioning and comfortable seating as well as entertainment.

That attraction should not be replaced I don't think, the shows at Disney are the attractions I believe need change from time to time.

kemps@wdw
08-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Although B&B is wonderful, maybe a change wouldn't be such a bad thing here. Mary Poppins would be a great fit for this type of venure, as would Snow White, or maybe Bedknobs and Broomsticls (LOL). How about a Disney movie medley, or different musicals for different days/weeks/months. So many options!

Kerry823
08-02-2009, 12:35 AM
I used to love Beauty and the Beast show but have not taken the time the last 4 trips or so. I like to see newer attractions that have been updated. It gets old after seeing something year after year that never changes. I personally think Honey I shrunk the audience is an absolute waste of time so we skip it every time. With Soarin' and other updated attractions, we just bypass the old and dated. Disney has raised the admission prices again...how about raising the bar by replacing some of these dated attractions!

antngoof89
08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
I used to love Beauty and the Beast show but have not taken the time the last 4 trips or so. I like to see newer attractions that have been updated. It gets old after seeing something year after year that never changes. I personally think Honey I shrunk the audience is an absolute waste of time so we skip it every time. With Soarin' and other updated attractions, we just bypass the old and dated. Disney has raised the admission prices again...how about raising the bar by replacing some of these dated attractions!

Like I stated in the Fantasyland Refurb thread, I think Disney has something in the works. The 40th is coming up and you've gotta think with the walls up everywhere and the fact that California Adventure is being massively refurbed, there has to be something big for the World planned in imagineering. I'm sure there will be at least one new attraction in each park, but I think all parks will get some kind of expansion or refurb to really bang out some positive press to counteract HP land.

JMO though.

Snow's Mom
08-03-2009, 11:32 PM
These boards are frustrating. Lots of complaints about Disney not adding enough new shows and attractions, but lots of objections to replacing any of the old ones!

If you want new stuff, something has to go. I agree it's time to replace Beauty with either something classic (like Mary Poppins) or something more current.