PDA

View Full Version : Who has parasailed??

Dsnygirl
07-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but couldn't really find the right spot for it. ;)

So - who here has done the parasailing you can do out of the different resorts?

Was it worth the price, which resort did you sail out of, and would you do it again?

I'm considering it, and for my girls, too, if they're old enough... my DH doesn't do heights, so he can just sail and take pics. :D

:thanks: for any input!

justice11
07-24-2009, 10:59 PM
we went to disney for a week at the end of may and then went to st. petersberg for a week, my granddaughters, 10 and 14, and myself all parasailed and loved it. do it at least once. this was on my bucket list. :thumbsup:

gueli
07-25-2009, 02:42 AM
I have parasailed a few times (key west & off tampa) but not at disney.
It can be a great time, but I have no input on resort parasailing...
:mickey:

TheVBs
07-25-2009, 08:22 AM
I didn't even know you could do that at Disney! I find out something new every time I visit here. :mickey:

I parasailed years ago in Key West. It was a blast!

Melanie
07-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd love to hear some input on this. We're going next month to celebrate my hubby big 4-0, and he's been wanting to do this a long time. I think we may surprise him, if it's not too late to get reservations. Guess I should check on that soon.....

MickeyandTink
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I parasailed off of Maui about 15 years ago. One of the greatest experiences I've had. It was like flying, without anything around you but a big kite overhead. I don't how much the WDW resorts charge, how long it is etc., but my experience in HI was well worth the money to me.

DWHUBBY
07-26-2009, 08:46 PM
We are doing the 4 day cruise on the Wonder in 2 weeks:thumbsup: and I am booked for the parasailing at Castaway Cay. I have been looking forward to this perhaps more than the cruise itself! I have never done it and I can barely contain my excitement!!:joy::::para:

Melanie
07-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Just booked my hubby for his birthday! :thumbsup: He's got the first time slot available (9am) and then we'll spend the day in the parks. I like that you don't get wet!

allentownguy
07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
it is a BLAST!:number1:
if you have the chance to do, then do it. it's safe and a opportunity some people only get once in a life time.
have fun,
chubbs:smickey:

Dsnygirl
07-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Just booked my hubby for his birthday! :thumbsup: He's got the first time slot available (9am) and then we'll spend the day in the parks. I like that you don't get wet!
Melanie, you'll have to let me know what he thinks... I'm seriously thinking about trying it in October. I've always wanted to -- one of those "bucket list" kind of things. :) I hope he loves it!

Melanie
07-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Melanie, you'll have to let me know what he thinks... I'm seriously thinking about trying it in October. I've always wanted to -- one of those "bucket list" kind of things. :) I hope he loves it!

I'll definitely report back, Blythe. You should just go ahead and book. :thumbsup:

wdwnutz
08-04-2009, 10:47 AM
We booked my 14 yr.old daughter last year for the 450 ft. parasailing over at the Contemporary for an early b-day gift. She said that it was "completely amazing"! We called during the week we were there and got a reservation and it was around $90 with the AAA discount card.

BugeyedMuggy
08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
My DD & I parasailed at the CR . It is tame. You are gently raised over Bay Lake & slowly wenched back to the boat after a 10 min ride. You can see all of the parks & the view of the MK is awesome. I've parasailed other places that were much higher and more exilerating. Being above Disney & seeing all of the landmarks was definately a magical moment. A must do once.

Dsnygirl
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
:mickey: Thanks for all the input... I just may go ahead and book it before we even get there!

Two questions --

Can you take your camera up with you?

If you book ahead of time and weather doesn't cooperate, can you re-schedule or cancel?

:thanks: everybody -- I think this would be so cool! :)