PDA

View Full Version : What is the earliest you have left a park??

jaredkari
07-24-2009, 05:46 PM
I saw another thread that was interesting on how late have you stayed in the parks. It got me to thinking about a trip a few years ago right as the happiest celebration on earth began we were there for the kick off days. The first few days of our trip were great the crowds were very manageable. But once the celebration began it was a madhouse!! We were there for 10 days. Well on the last day my wife and I pulled up to the MK looked at each other and said (to my everlasting shame) "Do you really want to go in there today??" We figured by our tenth day our ticket wasn't costing us that much so we opted to go to the beach. I can't believe I turned away from a day at MK!!!

Anyone else have any stories of how they just got to the parks then just left?? :mickey:

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 06:51 PM
I think the earliest we have ever left a park is late afternoon. We don't travel to the World during peak times so for the most part our trips are manageable.

lindique
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I left a park after one ride one time. I was going home that day, and the ride I wanted to go on had been under construction and was opening the day I was leaving. I believe I was out of there by 9:20 AM!!

JPL
07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
The earliest I left a park was 8:45 AM it was the Studios. I arrived at 8 AM rode RNRC & ToT grabbed a coffee from Starring Rolls and headed some place else.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-24-2009, 09:43 PM
We left the AK around noon one day. It was so hot I couldn't stand it anymore. We went back to the Dolphin and went in the pool. And we were still sweating!

Mousemates
07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
On super hot days we have left as early as 1pm to head back to the room for lunch, a nap and swim...but we always come back in the evening and stay super late.

SBETigg
07-24-2009, 10:37 PM
At 10:20 a.m., we left DHS after riding Toy Story Mania twice, Rock n Roller Coaster twice, and Tower of Terror twice during a morning EMH. We headed over to Epcot.

Gator
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
The only thing I detest more than getting to the parks late is leaving the parks early. But with kids, things are different. Last year, I went to Epcot after our long flight to get some food. And then it happened...we left BEFORE Illuminations! Terrible, I know. But I didn't want to fight the crowds after the fireworks. I figured we got to the room an hour faster and the kids got to bed faster. That got them ready to hit the MK the next day. Sacrifices.

Belster
07-24-2009, 11:34 PM
We have a timeshare in Tampa and on our yearly trip in sometimes my dad had booked a flight into Orlando so that we could make a stop at MK for the day. Well after being an avid WDW visitor going for just a day is not as appealing to me.

My Best Friend and I got to the park at 9:00 and left by 1:00...we were just not feeling it that day...

I can't believe that happened!!:confused:

DizneyRox
07-25-2009, 08:01 AM
On occasion I've been to all 4 parks in one day by 11am. Usually to grab a park exclusive pin or something and leave. I would say, 1/2 hour after opening on the first one and I was out.

Seasonscraps
07-25-2009, 08:32 AM
The earliest was probably around 11 or 12 but we hardly ever go to the parks early. The shortest amount of time we spent in a park was a really hot June day - we walked up Main Street, saw all the people then turned around and left. Another time we went to MGM, had an ice cream sitting on bench near TOT and then left.

bruin1344
07-25-2009, 11:08 AM
AK by 11 am when it first opened and there were very few attractions

KAJUNKING
07-25-2009, 11:56 AM
The only thing I detest more than getting to the parks late is leaving the parks early. But with kids, things are different. Last year, I went to Epcot after our long flight to get some food. And then it happened...we left BEFORE Illuminations! Terrible, I know. But I didn't want to fight the crowds after the fireworks. I figured we got to the room an hour faster and the kids got to bed faster. That got them ready to hit the MK the next day. Sacrifices.

funny how kids do that to you, i know how you feel, now that my kids are getting a little older we never leave a park really early unless its to hop to another park

mainemajor
07-25-2009, 04:15 PM
On a trip several years ago we had an early afternoon flight so DW and I went to MK to ride Space MT one last time. As we neared the end of the queue and were only about 2-3 groups from loading something went wrong with the system. They ended up turning on all the lights inside SM. We waited and waited as the cm's said it should be up and running at anytime. Eventually we started thinking about leaving because we did have a plane to catch. Thank goodness the lights went back off and the ride started up again. It was cool inside of SM with all the lights on. As soon as we got off we made a bee line for the hotel to grab our stuff and get to the airport. We made it, but vowed not to take chances like this again.

spinnerf
07-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Was staying at the Yacht club once and really wanted to go Soaring. I got up early, left my wife and daughter sleeping in the room, got into Epcot on an early admission day, ran to Soaring and rode it, ran back to the hotel and back to bed.

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
4 pm... I had gotten :sick: from eating at the Catina San Angel and we went back so that I could try to rest before heading to MNSSHP (which we stayed at from 7-close). Even though I was sick for the next 2 days I still stayed at the park until it closed. I felt like I paid for this vacation and I was going to be at the parks even if it meant I'd visit every bathroom in the MK and Epcot.

diz_girl
07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
We left at about 10 a.m. from the MK during our 2007 trip. There weren't any problems. We were leaving that day and needed to be on the road by Noon. We had ADRs for breakfast at CP, so we took some pictures of the castle with Main Street empty, enjoyed our meal, shopped at the Emporium for some last minute souveniers and then left. It was worth the extra $2 to get a 7-day pass, rather than a 6-day pass.

Imagineer1981
07-27-2009, 11:55 AM
5am...after working grad night. Technically that is early by that point and not late!!

ASweetLov
07-27-2009, 12:28 PM
The first time I visited WDW on the first day we were there I went to the MK and we were out of there by 8pm because my feet were so achy that I couldnt walk no more since I was up since 4am the night before running around in the airports.

epceddie
07-27-2009, 11:33 PM
We got to Hollywood Studios about 10 a.m. one day. We waited 40 minutes for The Great Movie Rode, the place was mobbed and we got the heck out of Dodge after about an hour. It was the worst day we've spent in any of the parks,

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
We left Epcot after 1/2 hour one morning. Test track was down for most of the day, so they gave us fastpasses for the next morning. We left and went to another park after the ride.

MistressGracey
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
We have never park hopped (before this year), so we always, always go to the parks uber early and stay until they kick us out. But a couple years back, we went to Epcot and left right after lunch. For whatever reason (heat, crowds, low energy) we just weren't feeling it that day. Plus, we had been looking really forward to seeing the (at that time) new Nemo attraction at The Seas, and were disappointed that it wasn't that great (IMO). That's the only time I have ever been less than pumped and ready to spend 8, 10, 12 hours at any Dis park.:confused:

Belle_0717
07-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I think DH and I left AK in May around 10:30. We had an early ADR at Tusker House and just weren't enjoying the park that day. And how can you ride E:E after a fabulous breakfast???:sick:

We've been to WDW so many times - DVC & Annual Passes - that if we miss something this trip, we catch up on the next one. November will be a calm trip for me (we're expecting twins) so I will enjoy the magic at MK.

Kenny1113
07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
We usually do weekend trips and DHS is usually our half day park. So we will go there and then head back home so we are usually out of there by 12:00p.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-29-2009, 09:57 AM
We went to Hollywood Studios the evening of Dec. 20th...it was so crowded we went and rode the Great Movie Ride and then left.

DisneyOtaku
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
10:45 am, Animal Kingdom. Though usually, we leave the parks no later than 1 pm if it is our first park of the day. Our days usually go:

open to early afternoon-one park (usually one with EMH)
back to the hotel for lunch/swims/naps
3:30-ish is when we go to another park until close!

It's a pretty good plan, actually, since we're out of park 1 by the time the major crowds arrive, usually.