PDA

View Full Version : Pop, Saratoga, Old key West???

Belster
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
A friend of mine is going to Disney in September and like many on here has just received an offer to upgrade to SSR, or OKW for free!!! She is just not sure what to do...she was really looking forward to staying at Pop she feels it would be great for the kids....but does not want to regret not upgrading. For those of you that have stayed at Pop and SSR OR OKW what would you do and why???

It is important to her that she has he Disney ambiance while at any of the properties.

Thanks,

RockinRollerMom
07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I would encourage your friend to call back asap. We were lucky enough to receive this pin code too, and upgraded to OKW. I have read that people who called later on in the day after receiving the code didn't have as many choices. (For example OKW wasn't available) Even though we were excited to stay at POP, I'd pick a deluxe villa any day over a value. Congrats to your friends! An upgrade is so exciting! I know if made it our day.

It'sWDW4me
07-24-2009, 05:07 PM
I was lucky enough to receive this same upgrade for my Aug 2007 trip. I wasn't sure how DS (11 at the time) would like OKW but:

1. I had dreamed of staying there
2. I knew I wouldn't be able to afford it any time soon (still couldn't now)

So, in a nutshell, I didn't care what he'd think and I went for it. What can I say - it was the absolute best! DS loved the main pool and went down the slide about 100 times; there's an activity center that (at the time) has a pool table, air hockey table, dart board, tons of board games, movies to borrow, and a host of different daily activities for both the kids and adults. There's a tennis and a basketball court, I believe, and shuffleboard outside.

The one day we decided to take a day off from the parks (unheard of from me) and hang out at the pool/activity center and we had a fantastic day. It started raining while we were in the pool and they closed it down so we headed back to the activity center. Some of the lifeguards were there (waiting to reopen the pool when it was clear) and they took pity on me - my son kept kicking my butt at air hockey! So they let me take a break and gave him a little lesson on losing at air hockey. :thumbsup:

I can't say enough fantastic things about OKW. Maybe I'm not as picky as some or maybe I was just too in awe to notice but I had absolutely no problem with our room (1 bedroom villa). It was great having a washer & dryer right in our room and I washed our laundry so it was clean for when we got home. The Disney magic was everywhere there from hidden Mickeys (check out the balcony railings) to the awesome CM's.

Seriously - tell your friend to do it. I've been to both POP and OKW. POP is great but doesn't come close to OKW, IMHO.

BluewaterBrad
07-24-2009, 05:11 PM
My gosh!! By all means UPGRADE!!:mickey:

cajunprincess
07-24-2009, 05:35 PM
:ditto:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Definitely upgrade. I think I'd go for OKW as SSR Just my opinion since I've never stayed at either.

johnO
07-25-2009, 05:06 AM
Ive stayed at OKW and Pop. I think you'd be doing yoursef a favor by upgrading to OKW..

caryrae
07-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I know I would upgrade just because it is much easier to stay at POP on another visit and would very very hard for us to afford to stay at OKW or SSR plus it may be the only time you could be offered such a great free upgrade.

Checkers
07-25-2009, 09:42 AM
A friend of mine is going to Disney in September and like many on here has just received an offer to upgrade to SSR, or OKW for free!!! She is just not sure what to do...she was really looking forward to staying at Pop she feels it would be great for the kids....but does not want to regret not upgrading. For those of you that have stayed at Pop and SSR OR OKW what would you do and why???

It is important to her that she has he Disney ambiance while at any of the properties.

:
Thanks,

mickey:I agree with everyone -- she should definitely upgrade! Let us know what she decides and how she makes out.