PDA

View Full Version : Rules for the slides - metal grommets?

scooterca42
07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Big D's favourite swim trunks have metal grommets in the side pockets for the water to drain out.

Metal grommets on the slides - will this be a problem? I can sew small patches over them if needed, but I thought I'd see if it will be necessary.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2009, 05:31 PM
The official rules is that "Swim attire with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on the water attractions."

Just to be sure I would buy a cheap suit for the waterpark. Never hurts to have an extra anyways (who likes getting into a wet suit?)

Pally
07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Having gone down once (never again) I can understand why they have this rule. You are flying and I found it actually hurt a little. I can imagine if you had metal attachments somewhere it might leave you at risk for a serious injury. I don't think I would risk breaking this rule.

I don't think I would sew over any metal attachment either. I would imagine that the speed you are traveling at might still cause injury from pressure points:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-25-2009, 08:08 AM
They also don't need people damaging the slides, etc. Metal grommets, etc are not permitted...

Cinderella7299
08-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Just a quick note...

We just returned from a day at BB. My husband's swim trunks have small metal grommets on the side pockets (two on each pocket). He showed them to a CM before getting in line for the slides and was told they were no problem at all.

Of course, better safe than sorry, and the "official" rules do state no metal, etc.

Have fun!!

:mickey:
Ginnylynne

vws_and_disney
08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
my shorts have metal rivets on the pockets for drainage also and they told me i was fine.