PDA

View Full Version : Christmas ideas?

candleshoe
07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
I've been to WDW many times, but this is the 1st year I'll actully be there on Christmas. What would be your idea of the perfect Christmas Eve and Day in WDW? Bear in mind, we will have our 4 boys with us: ages 7, 6, 4, and 4 months. We'll be staying at Bay Lake Towers.
Anything special or different anyone can recommend?

Camping Mom
07-24-2009, 04:56 PM
A Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve is an incredible experience, but with your children being so young, I don't know how long they would sit.

You could also do a Hoop De Doo. If it isn't completely crammed full of people, a Magic Kingdom Christmas Eve would be great with the "snow" on Main Street.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Just be prepared for crowds and have a game plan....keep in mind that Magic Kingdom will be especially busy on these two days and expect long waits in lines for rides during those days....we choose to go to DHS for Christmas Eve and Epcot for Christmas Day, they were both busy but did not fill to capacity....make sure and make ADRS or you will not be able to get into any TS restaurants....I'm not trying to be negative just want you to be prepared....the resorts are decorated beatifully for the holidays, consider getting to the parks early in the morning and then leaving early in the evening and eating dinner at one of the resorts like the Grand Floridian so the little ones don't get too exhausted....also, I believe Santa will be at DTD Christmas Eve....

Cinderella's mom
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I would make sure that I brought a small tree for the room where Santa can bring the presents if you are having him come there. Like someone else said, the Candlelight Processional is AMAZING, but not sure if the little ones would enjoy it or not, but they might. Only you would be able to answer that. Not sure Christmas Dinner, but think the Liberty Tree Tavern decorates and puts on a traditional meal. Have a MAGICAL time!

buzznwoodysmom
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I've always dreamed of being in WDW for Christmas day, and one year we are going to do it. My idea of the perfect Christmas day at WDW is staying at our resort (WL would be perfect). I'd love to have a tree in our room and spend the morning opening presents with room service for breakfast and Christmas music playing. I'd spend the day letting the kids play with their new toys and hanging out at the resort. Maybe doing some of the things we haven't done yet, like rent water mice. And enjoy Christmas lunch or dinner at a nice place. I don't think I'd want to be in the parks on Christmas day. For me that day is all about spending time with my family and relaxing. The perfect ending to my day would be taking the "sleigh" ride from the lodge, and sipping hot chocolate in front of one of the fireplaces.

TennesseeTink
07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
We also will be at BLT on Christmas this year!:thumbsup: Our plan(which of course may fly completely out the window by the time Christmas actually arrives) is to do the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day we will just explore the deluxe resorts and enjoy the decorations. Then we'll have dinner at whichever resort TS is having the most traditional Christmas dinner, which seems to be either Whispering Canyon or Cape May.

I hold out no hope of riding any rides on either of these days. I've already prepared my kids for this. I think it's just going to be crazy crowded and the lines will be ridiculous. We're actually arriving on the 22nd so maybe we'll get some rides in on the 1st couple of days, atleast our very favorites.

candleshoe
07-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks so far for the ideas. I was thinking of taking it easy and not trying to do the traditional "get on all the rides" thing. We're working on a tree- the new vacation club planning guide mentions that imagineers can put a tree in your room. Definitely want to do the candlelight processional and perhaps Osbourne lights on Christmas Eve
Some questions:

TennesseeTink
"Then we'll have dinner at whichever resort TS is having the most traditional Christmas dinner, which seems to be either Whispering Canyon or Cape May. "

How do you know they will be having traditional Christmas dinner? Will the dining people know when I start booking the meals in Septmeber? I know Cape May is usually a clam bake...

MississippiDisneyFreak
I'm not trying to be negative just want you to be prepared....also, I believe Santa will be at DTD Christmas Eve....

Know you're not being negative and 'preciate the heads up. I always have a game plan.:mickey:
I AM intrigued by this Santa in DTD. Can anyone confirm and give specifics?

As an aside, I just spoke to my wife and I was informed that we are most certainly going to be in MK on Christmas Day, D_mn the crowds!!::mickey:

TennesseeTink
07-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Go to Info Central and under Dining click on Christmas Dining. There are some menus for different restaurants.

Mousemates
07-25-2009, 11:22 AM
we go down for the holidays most years and the other thing I would mention (even beyond the in room Christmas tree) is to remember to bring decorations for your room...we have some fiber battery powered lights and window decals we put up in the window (either by the door in a value or moderate/or on the balcony window in a deluxe, ....keeps the room festive and its fun to see how others decoratate too.

epceddie
07-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Of course, in the spirit of the holidays, some meals on Christmas Day will also be marked up a little by the Disney Scrooges.

candleshoe
08-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Of course, in the spirit of the holidays, some meals on Christmas Day will also be marked up a little by the Disney Scrooges.

What if we have the dining plan/ Will they then count it as 2?