PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews 7-12 thru 7-19

Tina3176
07-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Sunday 7-12 dinner
We wanted to start the honeymoon off with a special night, so we went to Jiko for dinner. It was wonderful! Our server Shellie was very knowledgeable and made good suggestions for our entire meal. We had a delicious wine - Wholeberry Cabernet - reccomended by Shellie. We greatly enjoyed the Taste of Africa dip appetizer. Very flavorful, and an interesting array of bread/crackers to go with. Yum. For dinner, I had the shrimp dish (can't remember the name) and he had the filet. Both were amazing, but I have to say mine was better. It was so flavorful and more of the unique experience I was looking for. The filet was fabulous as well, though, don't get me wrong. We enjoyed dessert, but we were in heaven when Shellie brought out the French Press for our after dinner coffee. It was a wonderful romantic dinner.

Tuesday 7-14 dinner
Chefs de France- Neither of us was overly impressed with this meal. The appetizers were quite good, though. I had french onion soup and he had lobster bisque. For dinner, Cory had the beef shortribs, and I had the salmon. My salmon was overcooked, but overall the meal itself was bland. Nothing special. Cory felt his shortribs should have been listed on the menu as pot roast, and also felt his side dish of noodles was very bland. We will probably never go here again, unless we were to go for a soup lunch.

Wednesday 7-15 dinner
Yak & Yeti - We both enjoyed the meal and atmosphere here. We started off with the Dim Sum Basket and it was gone in 60 seconds! Not really, but we did tear into it pretty quick. For dinner I had the crispy mahi mahi, and I enjoyed it very much. But I really loved the yummy rice and stir fry that came with the entree. Cory had the duck, he enjoyed it, but not quite as much as I liked mine. Now for dessert, we had the won tons I have read so much about here, and we were not disappointed. Add us to the raves on this yummy dessert!

Thursday 7-16 dinner
Mama Melrose- I was a little apprehensive about this ADR because of the negative reviews I have seen. I love Italian though, so we decided to give it a chance. It was very good! We had two appetizers- the mussels and the bruschetta. Both were wonderful. For dinner I had Linguini Fra Diavolo. I could have licked the bowl it was so yummy. My husband had the Oven Baked Chicken and enjoyed his as well. The only thing we were not impressed with was dessert. I had the most un-tiramisu like tiramisu ever. Very little expresso flavor at all. However, we will be back to Mama Melrose for sure. We did not enjoy Tutto Italia in 2008, so we are glad to find Italian we enjoy at a place that only cost us one meal plan a piece.

Friday 7-17 dinner
California Grill- We were extremely pleased with our entire experience. When we were seated, the first thing we noticed was confetti sprinkled on our table. Cory is the one who realized that not all the tables had confetti and it must be something special. When they brought us out champagne, we finally clued in that this was special for our honeymoon. We know we did not say anything at check in, so they must have made a note when I made the ADRs 90 days back. California Grill is the only restaraunt that did anything like this for us, and I was really flattered and pleased. We felt really special. On to the food... We had the sushi sampler to start. It was unique and fresh. Very good. For dinner I had the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and he had the Pork Tenderloin. Both meals were fantastic. Perfectly prepared and very tasty. Dessert was another special treat for us. Both our dessert plates had an extra treat- a wafer of chocolate with the words "Congratulations from the California Grill" on the chocolate. So nice! It was just an overall wonderful experience. Of course, we followed dinner with watching Wishes from the deck. Wonderful.

Saturday 7-25 dinner
Restaraunt Marakesh- Another great meal. We ordered the Royal Feast and a carafe of the house cabernet. Everything was fantastic, but the service here is what put this place over the top. Truly wonderful, attentive- but not too attentive.

Now, maybe everything was wonderful to us because we were on our honeymoon... but honestly we had some great food all week. Even good counter service!

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Congratulations on getting married! Sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon:)

BluewaterBrad
07-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Congrats!! Glad you had a great trip!:mickey:

epceddie
07-24-2009, 03:35 PM
We got the confetti our our honeymoon too, during a wonderful breakfast buffet at the Crystal Palace in the MK.
Congratulations and best wishes!

cer
07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks so much for the dining review! Sounds like you had a great time! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
07-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Congratulations! And thank you for the reviews - we haven't eaten at most of these places and it was great to read about. Love that they did confetti! :mickey: Was it Mickey confetti?

pluto 77
07-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Congrats!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! We will be on our honeymoon in Disney from October 4th - 15th and this post just got me very excited!

SBETigg
07-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Sounds wonderful! California Grill is our favorite. Chefs de France can be up and down, sorry it was more down for you. Everything else sounds good.

Jiko was really good to us. We happened to be there when I started feeling really ill and they packed up our whole dinner picnic style (complete with real silverware) and threw in some desserts, took our bottle of wine right off the bill. The manager came over to check on me and settle everything with my husband. Or server, Ryan, couldn't have been more attentive. We can't wait to get back for a real meal. We refrigerated our dinner and ate it the next day when I felt better. It was fantastic, but would have been even better to eat it there.

artyboy
07-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Congratulations and thanks for the review!

Next time, try Bistro...so nice (a little expensive, though). The tasting menu is amazing...I highly recommend it...much better than Chefs (IMHO)

yjgirl32
07-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Congrats!!!!:bride::groom: Glad to hear your meals for the most part were yummy! Thanks for sharing.