PDA

View Full Version : December visits

DMBdiva26
07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
We're trying to plan a December trip this year and I just want to make sure that the 12-19th would be early enough to miss the Christmas crowds. Any input?

TIA!

faline
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I've been around those same dates. The early part of your trip will be very unbusy but crowds will begin to increase by time you leave.

ibrowse17
07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Agreed. We have been the last two years during that time period, and the crowds were light. They tend to pick up toward the end of our trip, but still not bad if you leave on the 19th. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

antngoof89
07-25-2009, 01:09 AM
We're trying to plan a December trip this year and I just want to make sure that the 12-19th would be early enough to miss the Christmas crowds. Any input?

TIA!

You will definitely see some crowd on the 18th and 19th, it starts getting packed around those dates if I remember correctly from our last trip.

Cinderella's mom
07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
And it really wasn't that bad! Parks were VERY manageable. Can't go back that time this year, but going at Thanksgiving. Hope the crowds are not that bad the first part of the week!!!!

RAIDER
07-27-2009, 07:46 AM
You will start catching the crowds from the 17th onwards . We normally go the first week in Dec and that week is dead its the second week it starts normally filling up with the tourists staying over the xmas period :thumbsup:

renecat
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Have gone in December five times. Last year went the 5-13. Have never seen it so crowded for that time of year. I love the decorations but not the crowds. I guess more and more people have decided on December. Won't go back at that time of year again. When we first started going we would do Feb. that was always a good time for small crowds. I'm going this year in Sept. the 7-13 have been told that it should not be crowded but I'll wait and see.

SurferStitch
07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
You will definitely see some crowd on the 18th and 19th, it starts getting packed around those dates if I remember correctly from our last trip.

I'll ditto this. We saw crowds increase dramatically starting around the 16th in December '06 and '07. Not unmanageable, but definitely significant crowds.

We are going 12/3-12/12 this year. Shorter than previous years, but it was tough being away from home for 2 weeks at that time of year. We're hoping for another December of gorgeous weather like we had in '06 and '07.

Have a great trip!!!

MaxPower
07-27-2009, 02:19 PM
The first week of December is the Magic Kingdom usually open on the nights when there is no Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

In other words, if you are a regular guest, and you do not want to pay for the Xmas Party- will you ever get to see the castle in the dark with it's Xmas lights? Or are you kicked out before dark?

SurferStitch
07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
The first week of December is the Magic Kingdom usually open on the nights when there is no Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

In other words, if you are a regular guest, and you do not want to pay for the Xmas Party- will you ever get to see the castle in the dark with it's Xmas lights? Or are you kicked out before dark?

No worries. The castle lights are turned on around dusk every night. The park will have regular hours (whatever they might be) on regular nights with no MVMCP.

DMBdiva26
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the input, everyone! It really helped me put a timeline to my week so we can get in everything we want to :mickey: